Windows 10: October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop

Discus and support October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am going to TRY to avoid the obvious rant by just saying "Microsoft. Leave my damn computer ALONE!" System working fine on October 1. It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OrianH, Oct 1, 2018.

1. OrianH Win User

October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop

I am going to TRY to avoid the obvious rant by just saying "Microsoft. Leave my damn computer ALONE!"

System working fine on October 1. It is a WORKING system that I use to MAKE MY LIVING. Unfortunately, I was forced into a Windows system becuase the necessary software is only available for Windows. :-/

My system gave me two options on shutdown last night. "update and restart" or "update and shut down". I had a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I chose update and shut down just before leaving the office.

This morning, October 2, 2018 - my system is destroyed. On boot, I get the blue screen that says something like "We have encountered a problem... " it then counts up to 100% and restarts the system... Only to repeat the same crud!

I have tried the "three forced shutdown" thing to no avail. It does nothing.

I have tried my "Recovery USB".... Of course, it does absolutely nothing except tell me it can't do anything.

One of the errors tells me that a required device is not present. But, of course, that is Windows fault in every conceivable way.

Again, this is a BUSINESS system. It is how I make a living. But, NONE of the safety measures that I have taken (recovery USB updated weekely, system backups on the second drive) NOTHING is accessible. And, NOTHING works.

What are my options?

:)

OrianH, Oct 1, 2018

2. BIOS update bricks laptop

I love these titles never hung out at a forum but, BIOS update bricks laptop!!! Suddenly your a lap top computer expert

jaggerwild, Oct 1, 2018
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BIOS update bricks laptop

I know this is going to blow your mind, but I've had bios bricks and I do laptop refurbs for a living. It happens... Particularly when the flash program is windows only and drivers are amuck.

R-T-B, Oct 1, 2018
  4. October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop

BIOS update bricks laptop

Hey everyone,

Last night I wanted to update my bios which lead to the laptop bricking and wouldn't turn off until the battery finally died. I tried plugging it in afterwards but the laptop would neither charge nor turn on. I tried every trick in the book, but the laptop would not charge or turn on. Nothing. I read online that this could be due to a corrupt bios chip. I want to replace it, but considering the laptop won't turn on at all, does this also mean the motherboard is damaged? I read online that the motherboard cannot be ruined from a bad bios update so I'm hoping I just need to replace the bios chip as it is a cheaper solution than replacing the entire board. Can anyone recommend what to do? Any advice would be really really helpful. Thanks.

NoviceGamer, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop

1. October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop - Similar Threads - October Update Bricked

2. Windows update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  3. Windows update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update bricked my laptop.: I was working on my laptop - Acer Aspire 7 A715-42G which was running on Windows 11. I got a pop up that asked me if I wanted to update now or update later. I clicked on later. Took a break of 15 mins and closed the lid of my laptop. When I came back, and checked it, there...
  4. A windows update brick my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  5. A windows update brick my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A windows update brick my laptop: After I got a windows update my laptop does not work anymoreI boot my laptop and welcome screen come up normally but black screen with loading circle appear and disappearePower button and password bar is also not showing and control-alt-delete is not doing anything...
  6. Update bricked laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update bricked laptop: Lenovo x1 running Windows 10 Pro. There was an Office update. After restarting, my laptop went into endless automatic repair loop. Uninstall recent updates didn't work. Multiple restore points failed. Unable to repair by cloud or by USB. How can I get a working PC without...
  7. Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update bricked my laptop.: So long story short, I was forced into an update by windows on my laptop. Said update now has stuck me in a boot loop where it resets after flashing up on the screen saying "undoing changes made by windows update". The only thing I can acess is the BIOS. Any help would be...
  8. windows 10 update bricked my laptop

windows 10 update bricked my laptop: so I'm the kinda person who doesn't like that windows 10 is always sneaking around on my metered internet connection downloading updates with my data that costs me money without my consent but today it got worse.. I bought a new dell laptop with high specs, 16 gigs ram 4...
  9. Windows 10 bricked my Laptop, failed to install October update 2018

Windows 10 bricked my Laptop, failed to install October update 2018: First of all, I would like to keep things civil here with respect to the forum moderators and the community here, as I can see that everyone is working tirelessly to help solve and mitigate the problems that they had. Except that, Windows 10 is a broken product. It comes...
  10. Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.: There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I left it to update and reboot and then I came back to a BSOD. I restarted and I got a message 'Diagnosing PC' then a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fixing bricked asus k53e-bbr5 after bad bios update