Windows 10: "October Update" broke my app that uses the MSHTML extension

Discus and support "October Update" broke my app that uses the MSHTML extension in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night my machine tied up for 8 hours installing the October Update again, the first time was around October, when it also tied up my machine for 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RJ Pisscat, Feb 24, 2019.

1. "October Update" broke my app that uses the MSHTML extension

Last night my machine tied up for 8 hours installing the October Update again, the first time was around October, when it also tied up my machine for 8 hours.

This time my apps that use the MSHTML extension can't find it any more. The update removed it, I suppose. I found a newly installed module, Microsoft.mshtml 7.0.3300.0 - three instances of it, one in program files\visual studio\…, one in program files\visual studio 2017\…, one in program files\Microsoft.net\... - I picked one and the first application I rebuilt works ok.

Which one should I be using? And if there is a dependency on it in an application I didn't write (so far I haven't tripped on this), how do I fix that?

:)

RJ Pisscat, Feb 24, 2019
  2. zapd Win User

Dashlane Extension

Yes I tried reinstalling.

Desktop app works fine and the extension works in IE and Chrome but not Edge. Apparently it is an Issue Dashlane is trying to resolve. Apparently the October update broke several apps.

3. zapd Win User
    Dashlane Extension

October update to Windows 10 broke Dashlane Edge extension. Any idea when a fix is coming? I hate using IE and will not us google products.

4. Arun B J Win User

"October Update" broke my app that uses the MSHTML extension

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

"October Update" broke my app that uses the MSHTML extension

1. "October Update" broke my app that uses the MSHTML extension - Similar Threads - October Update broke

2. Windows 10 October 2020 Update Broke Gamepad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2020 Update Broke Gamepad: I bought this gamepad exactly 12 days ago. It's brand spanking new. It works just fine. Windows registers that it is plugged in. Logitech driver installer registers that it is plugged in. Prior to the my Windows update yesterday, all of my games registered it was...
  3. Update broke my gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update broke my gaming: Recent feature updates to 1903 have made my gaming really choppy. I had the same issue in 1909 and went back to 1903 thinking that was the problem, but it wasn't. I've tried uninstalling the updates by doing it in control panel, command prompt with administrator privileges,...
  4. Update broke my bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update broke my bluetooth: Hello, After the latest Windows10 update on May 12,2020 I can not turn on my bluetooth function. There is no button in either settings, or the notification area. Checking device manager shows bluetooth working properly, updating drivers, says the latest are installed. My...
  5. updates broke my audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    updates broke my audio: How can have audio again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-broke-my-audio/44cc99cb-5a62-4e6e-9325-e34112a7990a
  6. Update Broke my Printer

Update Broke my Printer: Windows installed an update last night. Now today I can't print anything. It keeps saying that the printer is offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-broke-my-printer/fcc3556a-cef9-43db-a99a-c6ca559c6865
  7. Using external storage for the October update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using external storage for the October update: Once again as I wait for the October Update to arrive I am concerned about my small storage (nominal 42 GB) 2-in-1 tablet PC having enough space to install it. I understand that now additional storage available on a USB flash 'pen drive' can be used, temporarily. I have some...
  8. Windows 10 update on October 10 2018 broke my sound card

Windows 10 update on October 10 2018 broke my sound card: Hello, the October 10 2018 update broke my Realtek sound driver. I know this is the case because I performed a system restore to right before the update and the driver worked. Once I reinstalled the update it broke again. The volume icon shows a red X and the...
  9. windows 10 october 2018 update broke settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 october 2018 update broke settings app: settings app now crashes. Have tried various suggested fixes, i.e. new user, sfc/scannow, re-registered and reinstalled all Windows apps via Powershell. Still broken. Thoughts? Thanks. Brian...
  10. there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml

in Windows 10 Support
    there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml: Hello, I just got my free upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 and I cannot access the personalization screen to change or access my my screen saver password. I get this all the time now: there was a problem starting javascript:" \..\ mshtml The parameter is incorrect. Any...