Windows 10: october update canceling out my sound

Discus and support october update canceling out my sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I got the October update installed I tried to play a game there was no audio , then I went to YouTube and the same problem. Ive been at this for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deven152, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Deven152 Win User

october update canceling out my sound

After I got the October update installed I tried to play a game there was no audio , then I went to YouTube and the same problem. Ive been at this for an hour now. I've uninstalled the audio driver and reinstalled it. I have also hid the update and nothing is working. I have a omen gaming laptop, this is the first time I've had any troubles. Please help.

:)

Deven152, Oct 11, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue october update canceling out my sound :p

cadaveca, Oct 11, 2018
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 11, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

1. october update canceling out my sound - Similar Threads - october update canceling

2. Can't disable Noise Cancelling on Windows 10 2020 October Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Noise Cancelling on Windows 10 2020 October Update: Just installed the new update. I use voice recorder and a simple pc microphone to record quick demos and ideas on the go. The problem is that usually my guitar is being recognized as noise and I get nasty fluctuations between it and my vocals. I always disable the noise...
  3. October Update Roll Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    October Update Roll Out: Hi Everyone, The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to wait for the roll-out to my computers. Has anyone heard how long it's going to take Microsoft to get this one out to...
  4. October Update Roll Out

in Windows 10 Support
    October Update Roll Out: Hi Everyone, The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to wait for the roll-out to my computers. Has anyone heard how long it's going to take Microsoft to get this one out to...
  5. No sound since October Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound since October Windows 10 update: I'm NOT tech savvy at all, so I'm about to lose my mind. Ever since the Windows 10 update in October, Windows says that I have no microphone plugged in, although it's plugged in. This is a problem in Zoom (which I use every single day for my work), Facebook, Skype, etc. I...
  6. Windows Update October 2018 caused my audio sound to disappear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update October 2018 caused my audio sound to disappear: I lost my sound after the latest Microsoft update. I have an HP Pavilion x360 laptop with Windows 10. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-october-2018-caused-my-audio-sound/27ca455b-443b-45eb-9f7f-bd6eb1d2a478
  7. No sound after the October Win 10 update

No sound after the October Win 10 update: Hi all, Since the last update for Windows 10, I have had no sound. The troubleshooter has found nothing, and in the Playback menu in Sounds, there are "no audio devices installed". In the Device Manager, I have Intel (R) Display Audio listed under sound. I have searched...
  8. October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out

in Windows 10 News
    October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out: 8T8k5yq_C8A If we could pull your attention away from exploring the beautiful scenery and becoming a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain with Forza Horizon 4, we have some new Xbox One features to share. The October 2018 Xbox Update adds new ways to express yourself with...
  9. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...
  10. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...