Windows 10: October Update Cause the Return of My Bluetooth Device Problem

Discus and support October Update Cause the Return of My Bluetooth Device Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know I figured this out back when the Creators Update first went live, but I no longer remember what the solution was. I use bluetooth for both my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lumumba K. Shakur, Oct 12, 2018.

1. October Update Cause the Return of My Bluetooth Device Problem

I know I figured this out back when the Creators Update first went live, but I no longer remember what the solution was. I use bluetooth for both my mouse and keyboard because the battery life is 10x what it would be if I used the usb dongle. Ever since yesterday, there seems to be interference between the two that is causing stuttering. I noticed Device Manager was acting funny last night when I was trying to troubleshoot, so what I think is happening is that every so often, the device disconnects from Windows and it takes a few seconds to reconnect as though I am turning the power switch off and on. This happens every 20 or so seconds if I only use either my keyboard or mouse, but if I try to use both of them, it happens everytime I switch over. So the mouse is interfering with the radio signal to my keyboard and when I use my keyboard, it has to reconnect and it interferes with the radio signal of my mouse. That at least is my suspicion since whenever the lag occurs, Device Manager does a quick refresh, pauses only the bluetooth mouse and bluetooth keyboard, and when it is done, everything goes back to normal. When I switch to my wired usb gaming mouse, there is no direct interference, but everything slows down when the refresh is happening on the slower schedule. Is anyone else experiencing this and do you know how to fix it?

UPDATE: I also noticed in the settings that the mouse and keyboard switched back a forth between "paired" and "connected" during this stuttering process. I've switch both of them to the USB dongle for the time being, but I'd much rather only have to buy a pack of batteries a year instead of every month if I can help it.

:)

Lumumba K. Shakur, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Can't Find Bluetooth on device manager.

Hi LoChung,

This may be caused by a corrupt or an outdated driver. It may also be caused by an incorrect device connection setup.

We suggest that you check Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ. Please perform the steps on the following
    topics to resolve your issue:

• How can I automatically fix common Bluetooth problems?
    • The Bluetooth toggle is missing in Bluetooth & other devices settings or can't be turned on.
    • Bluetooth doesn't appear and there are no unknown device listed in the Device Manager.

If the issue still persists, kindly give us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you done any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried your Bluetooth device with another computer and check if you were able to use it?

Keep us updated with the status of the issue so that we can resume working on your concern.

Rey Cam, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 12, 2018
  4. October Update Cause the Return of My Bluetooth Device Problem

How to return deleted bluetooth device?

Hi Oleg,

Let's check on this. To pair your phone with your MI Band 2 or any Bluetooth accessory. We suggest that you try the following steps below:

• Make sure that the accessory or device you want to pair is turned on and in pairing mode so your phone can connect to it. and then turn the
    • In the App list, go to Settings> Devices >
      Bluetooth
      and then turn the Status to On. Your phone will search for any discoverable Bluetooth accessories or devices. It will also be discoverable to other Bluetooth accessories or devices near you while you're on
      this screen. Make sure your phone stays unlocked during pairing.
    • Tap the name of the accessory or device that you want to pair with your phone.
    • If a PIN (also called a pairing code) is required, do one of the following:
    • In the Pairing accessory message box, make sure that both the phone and the accessory or device display the same PIN, then tap
      OK.
    • Enter the PIN for your accessory if you're asked for it, then tap Done.
    After it's paired, your phone will automatically connect to the accessory or device when it's in range and Bluetooth is on your phone is turned on.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

October Update Cause the Return of My Bluetooth Device Problem

1. October Update Cause the Return of My Bluetooth Device Problem - Similar Threads - October Update Cause

2. Problems with bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with bluetooth devices: Hi, So after previous windows update my bluetooth devices started acting up. Every time I start a game like League of Legends or Valorant, my mouse, and headset disconnects. Even during zoom session everything disconnects. They are both bluetooth connected devices. After...
  3. October update problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    October update problem: I just installed the windows 20hs and found out that the alarm that is on the computer can no longer get past the lock on screen. Therefor the alarm no longer wakes me. Is there a fix?...
  4. Problem with Bluetooth Device

Problem with Bluetooth Device: I am having a problem with my bluetooth. I cannot connect to any of my devices such as Alexa, netflix and amazon also my tablets. I was having problems with the internet last week, but that has been resolved, thanks to my phone company. However, since that has been resolved...
  5. Updates caused my problem????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates caused my problem????: I have a RCA Cambio W101 V2 tablet with Windows 10. Tablet worked great....Until These last few updates. Now tablet does not charge. Only charges when it is shut down. I have no Idea what was installed, but definitely IS the cause of my problem. Any ideas out there....
  6. IPV6 Problem - October Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPV6 Problem - October Update: Hi! I've update my windows to the latest update, but IPV6 is not active. The box is selected and ipv6 must be active but it isnt. Photos: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6-problem-october-update/19b5bd89-c69e-42b6-8304-669a5adf97f6
  7. october update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    october update problems: after oct update installed: no notifications appear in action center, and "safely remove hardware" message not appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-update-problems/9d4d8e22-3a83-40f7-abbb-2a683ab96689
  8. Bluetooth problem with Windows 10 October 2018 update

Bluetooth problem with Windows 10 October 2018 update: Since I installed the October Update, my bluethooth keeps stopping sporadically in using Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Is this a known issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-problem-with-windows-10-october-2018/7491db0b-563c-41db-9b62-326c7a35dcdb
  9. Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update: I have an Asus T100 Chi tablet. My Bluetooth keyboard (Dock) periodically stops responding after I installed the October update. Sometimes the keystrokes are "cached" and show up after several seconds. Other times I have to turn the Bluetooth radio off and on to get it...
  10. Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update: I have an Asus T100 Chi tablet. My Bluetooth keyboard (Dock) periodically stops responding after I installed the October update. Sometimes the keystrokes are "cached" and show up after several seconds. Other times I have to turn the Bluetooth radio off and on to get it...