Windows 10: October update Dark theme is not working fully.

Discus and support October update Dark theme is not working fully. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have updated my win 10 to the new October update which enabled the default app mode to light and dark. But when i choose the dark option the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SarwarAsif, Oct 9, 2018.

1. October update Dark theme is not working fully.

I have updated my win 10 to the new October update which enabled the default app mode to light and dark. But when i choose the dark option the file explorer leaves some part of the explorer and the right mouse button options to white which lefts it unusable.

How can i make the whole file explorer dark like the screenshots i have been seeing all over the internet?

October update Dark theme is not working fully. 3f899818-3be2-4bff-aea2-ee4499e7f183?upload=true.jpg

:)

SarwarAsif, Oct 9, 2018

2. Dark Theme Incomplete Implementation

Dark theme for file explorer is coming with version 1809, it is not available in 1803.

1809 or the October update would be released in October.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 9, 2018
  3. Dark Theme no longer works after November update

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Let’s try uninstalling/reinstalling the theme and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Click on Programs and features, locate for the Dark theme, right click on it and click on
      Uninstall.

• Now try installing it again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Nimbulan Win User

October update Dark theme is not working fully.

Dark Theme no longer works after November update

I don't think you quite understand what I'm trying to do. The dark theme is a hidden theme that is enabled through a registry entry and has been available since early insider builds. There is a separate registry entry that enables a full dark theme for
    universal apps which still works, but the one controlling the desktop doesn't.

Prior to the November update, the dark theme made all title bars dark grey, whether the application was focused or not. Now as far as I can tell, the dark theme has been removed or modified so the active title bar always uses the accent color, and inactive
    title bars are always white. I started using the dark theme because I don't like the white title bars.

Nimbulan, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

October update Dark theme is not working fully.

1. October update Dark theme is not working fully. - Similar Threads - October update Dark

2. Windows 11 Dark theme not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dark theme not working: So for some reason, my dark theme recently got messed up. I tried switching it back, restarting pc, changing colours, but it's still broken and looks ugly. I really want this fixed, cause it causes some applications to look awful. Especially file explorer. I've added images...
  3. Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  4. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  5. dark theme

dark theme: need dark theme for all apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/4752842f-8df5-4a38-83a8-590fbb1edad8
  6. October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer)

October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer): I recieved the October Update yesterday. I noticed that Windows Explorer has a dark theme after restarting. But the dark theme is ugly and makes me angry, because it's all very unclear. I tried to search in Explorer's settings but there is not an option for change it back...
  7. Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme

Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme: i downloaded the latest october windows 10 update and enabled the Dark Theme. However the apps and other dialogs opens with the dark theme but the File Explorer does not seem to show the effect....
  8. Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme

Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme: i downloaded the latest october windows 10 update and enabled the Dark Theme. However the apps and other dialogs opens with the dark theme but the File Explorer does not seem to show the effect....
  9. Dark themes

Dark themes: Been looking for a theme where the individual windows have a black background like the high contrast themes but these look a little clunky. I have started using high contrast themes as the large areas of white in normal themes hurt my eyes . Any ideas? 33319
  10. Dark theme

Dark theme: I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls? 24243