Windows 10: October update downgraded me to Windows Home

Discus and support October update downgraded me to Windows Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my Windows Home license a month ago to Windows Professional, however when the October update installed I got automatically downgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TwoThe, Feb 27, 2019.

1. TwoThe Win User

October update downgraded me to Windows Home

I upgraded my Windows Home license a month ago to Windows Professional, however when the October update installed I got automatically downgraded to Windows Home again and had to upgrade manually to professionally again, with all the consequences like my professional-only tools ceasing to work. This is very annoying!

[moved from German forums]

:)

TwoThe, Feb 27, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Feb 27, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond October update downgraded me to Windows Home :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 27, 2019
  4. October update downgraded me to Windows Home

bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

October update downgraded me to Windows Home

1. October update downgraded me to Windows Home - Similar Threads - October update downgraded

2. Downgrade to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade to windows 10 home: Windows 11 won't let me by-pass the password log-in. Can I revert back to windows 10 on a desktop that was bought with windows 11 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-home/da380da4-8c01-48d7-835e-ed828c6047a4
  3. Downgrade to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade to windows 10 home: Windows 11 won't let me by-pass the password log-in. Can I revert back to windows 10 on a desktop that was bought with windows 11 system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-to-windows-10-home/da380da4-8c01-48d7-835e-ed828c6047a4
  4. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home: I have a windows 10 Home key which I cannot activate, since the edition on the PC appears to be Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-enterprise-to-home/63566ed3-598c-40d2-b516-dc4601adecd0
  5. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home: I have a windows 10 Home key which I cannot activate, since the edition on the PC appears to be Enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-enterprise-to-home/63566ed3-598c-40d2-b516-dc4601adecd0
  6. Downgrade Windows Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i did fresh install of windows and it downgrade me to windows home !

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i did fresh install of windows and it downgrade me to windows home !: hello I just did fresh install of windows on my laptop hp omen witch came with win 10 pro , after the fresh install I found that its windows 10 home !! so I went to setting > update and security > activation > and to the store , I pressed on the install win 10 pro and...
  8. Downgrade back to windows home

Downgrade back to windows home: How do I downgrade from Windows 10 pro to home, as I think this "upgrade" has f***ed with my cursor, which keeps jumping to th ebottom right of the screen making the machine unusable and no matter where I search on Microsoft support there is no support. It appears Microsoft...
  9. Downgrade windows Pro to home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade windows Pro to home: I have installed windows 10 pro version 1803(i.e. not genuine) which is not activating as I have licence for windows 10 home single language edition . so, i ran troubleshooter and the troubleshooter told me that i have digital code for windows 10 home single language can I...
  10. Downgrade Windows Pro to Home

Downgrade Windows Pro to Home: Hi, I've been given my work laptop (running Windows Pro) for personal use under the condition that I buy my own license for it. I've bought a Windows home product key and tried to change the product key to my new 'home' key but it failed. Reading on the web this does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mai2019 update downgraded me to home