Windows 10: October Update Features Missing

Discus and support October Update Features Missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated Windows on 10/2/2108. According to Windows Update, I am up to date but it says I'm only running Windows 10 Home Version: 1803, OS Build:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thepipe, Oct 4, 2018.

1. thepipe Win User

October Update Features Missing

I updated Windows on 10/2/2108. According to Windows Update, I am up to date but it says I'm only running Windows 10 Home Version: 1803, OS Build: 17134.320. Shouldn't it be version 1809, at least?

When I look for certain features, they are nowhere to be found. For example - in Notepad there is no Search with Bing function. I clicked the start menu and searched for Your Phone and Snip & Sketch, but nothing was found.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

thepipe, Oct 4, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 4, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 4, 2018
  4. October Update Features Missing

Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

October Update Features Missing

1. October Update Features Missing - Similar Threads - October Update Features

2. The next Windows 10 feature update is coming in October

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 feature update is coming in October: Microsoft released the first feature update for Windows 11 this week. The Windows 11 2022 Update introduced several usability improvements and changes to Microsoft's newest operating system and additional content, including File Explorer tabs, will be launched next month....
  3. Missing feature after downloading the feature update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing feature after downloading the feature update.: Hi, You must be familiar with this picture below that is the part of Windows 20H1 update. [ATTACH] So basically, 4 days ago, I update my Windows from 1909 to 2004 version by which after that the header in my settings app has gone missing. INTERESTINGLY,...
  4. Feature update in October or November 19?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature update in October or November 19?: As we move towards almost 6 months since the last feature update to 1903 I am wondering if we are due another one soon in October or November? Or has MS finally seen sense to reduce their frequency? I’ve seen no mentions of a feature update incoming and normally this forum is...
  5. windows feature update October 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows feature update October 2018: the windows feature update October 2018 thread is already closed but I got this update yesterday - e.g. in April 2019 - OK running cleaning program after this update 8707 fragments 540 registry entries 458 MB junk files nobody takes care about clearing after the work is...
  6. Fall October Feature update 1809

Fall October Feature update 1809: It's Christmas next week. Where is our Fall October Feature update 1809? It's been over a month since the November 13th launch of the above update. When will we see it in Automatic Updates?...
  7. Clipboard history feature in Windows 10 October 2018 update missing (not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard history feature in Windows 10 October 2018 update missing (not...: Well, after looking forward to the new clipboard history feature in the October 2018 Windows 10 update, I am very disappointed to find that "Clipboard" is not listed in Settings > System like it's supposed to be in order to turn the feature on. This is true on two computers...
  8. Windows 10 October Feature update to version 1809

Windows 10 October Feature update to version 1809: During the installation of the update to version 1809 that I received from Microsoft, or any other repository like Windows update, I get half way through the process then I receive an error stating the following: "Windows could not configure one or more of the system...
  9. Windows 10 October Feature update to version 1809

Windows 10 October Feature update to version 1809: During the installation of the update to version 1809 that I received from Microsoft, or any other repository like Windows update, I get half way through the process then I receive an error stating the following: "Windows could not configure one or more of the system...
  10. The new Office—October feature update

in Windows 10 News
    The new Office—October feature update: Welcome to our first new Office update post in which we share the features we are delivering to our Office customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Office Online. This month we expanded Skype integration in Office Online, introduced an Office Online extension for...