Windows 10: October Update has messed up my Bluetooth drivers

Discus and support October Update has messed up my Bluetooth drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since the last update I've been having an issue where I can't connect devices to my bluetooth adapter. However, I noticed that if you put the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sonicnerd14-[xboxvenue], Oct 28, 2018.

1. October Update has messed up my Bluetooth drivers

Ever since the last update I've been having an issue where I can't connect devices to my bluetooth adapter. However, I noticed that if you put the device in point blank range of the adapter then it sees it. It seems like something in the last update destroyed the range of bluetooth. I've tried the follow:

1. Different devices. Controllers, bluetooth headsets and speakers, and nothing seems to work.

2. Uninstalling & reinstalling drivers

3. Different bluetooth adapter

4. Restarting the local service, and checking log on option in properties.

5. Going into the registry and changing current version from 6.3 to 6.2 (It changes back when I restart my computer)

6. Running the bluetooth troubleshooter.

I've basically tried every option, and nothing seems to work. Before this update my bluetooth adapter was working fine until this last update, and it just seems that every W10 update likes to break everything. I've had this issue once before, and it was cause by a Windows update, and the issue seemed to correct itself after a while. I'm wondering if there's a fix that I can do right now that I might have missed.

:)

sonicnerd14-[xboxvenue], Oct 28, 2018

2. Bluetooth's mobile phone drivers

Hi David,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers as the initial troubleshooting steps and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager
    • Locate Bluetooth drivers, expand, right click and click on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to uninstall
    and re-install the Bluetooth drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
      Driver’s setup file
      for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Can't update bluetooth driver

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are facing issues updating Bluetooth drivers. Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Few more details would help us to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Did you follow the below steps to update the Bluetooth driver?

• Right-click the Start menu, and select Device Manager.

• Expand Bluetooth

• Right-click on Bluetooth Device and select Update Driver Software…

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software
    3. "I have already gone into the app manager and uninstalled the programs that were for Bluetooth", did you uninstall from
    device manager?

If not, let us try to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows + X keys when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

I suggest you to install the latest Bluetooth driver from the computer manufacturer website.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

a. Right click/tap twice the driver setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

b. Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

c. Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.

d. Try installing the driver/software and check.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 28, 2018
  4. musek Win User

October Update has messed up my Bluetooth drivers

ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

October Update has messed up my Bluetooth drivers

1. October Update has messed up my Bluetooth drivers - Similar Threads - October Update has

2. latest update has messed up my video display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update has messed up my video display: The monitor screen is stretched out and all round icons are now egg shaped and the rectangular icons are square. I am unable to open any photos from photoshop now. People look squashed out. Help. this all happened after the latest Microsoft "update"...
  3. update by microsoft has messed up audio

update by microsoft has messed up audio: Here we go again, I had an update done yesterday and then I tried to watch a video and computer audio has a terrible echo in it so I hardly hear the audio even with sound turned way up. I need step by step instructions to fix it asap....
  4. Bluetooth drivers messed up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth drivers messed up: Bluetooth randomly turned off and the Bluetooth drivers are messed up, and i did absolutely nothing. and the Bluetooth driver is up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-drivers-messed-up/ec315143-39e2-4f6b-b608-0730ef15ac0f
  5. The newest windows update messes up my Bluetooth audio.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The newest windows update messes up my Bluetooth audio.: I thought it couldn't get worse but here we are. Windows kept asking me to update my os so I did, and my audio got stuttery and choppy so I had to rollback. Does anyone have a fix? submitted by /u/zbikuuu [link] [comments]...
  6. Update has messed up my computer

Update has messed up my computer: Can't open start menu, settings or anything like that. The way i display my homescreen has changed completely, internet not working and when i restart my computer nothing changes. i updated my computer last night after being prompted and now I just can't do anything on it....
  7. I messed up my drivers

I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC (MSI GS65 Stealth) with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key (first time I did that). My computer was very fast (9th gen i7, SSD). For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I...
  8. I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC MSI GS65 Stealth with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key first time I did that. My computer was very fast 9th gen i7, SSD. For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I decided to...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 update messing up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 October 2018 update messing up my computer: Hi, I have a new Dell 3670 desktop with Dell support. After my October 2018 windows 10 update my computer has serious problems. What happens is the Windows Logo does not work. I can not open Dell SupportAssistant (Dell's program to fix your computer.) In order to...
  10. Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard

Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard: Hi All, I'm running Win 10 on an HP Pavilion. I installed update 1809 just now and now my keyboard is messed up. Some keys are now not working. What is the best way to fix this? Try to update the keyboard driver? Some other solution? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. last update messed up bluetooth

2. latest win 10 update messed my bluetooth up

3. windows 7 messed up last update november