Windows 10: October update OK --- some questions

Discus and support October update OK --- some questions in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The October update arrived yesterday, it seems to have installed OK. So far it is running well, and it cleared up some problems. although one remains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by clayto, Mar 3, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

October update OK --- some questions

The October update arrived yesterday, it seems to have installed OK. So far it is running well, and it cleared up some problems. although one remains as I still cannot purchase any apps from the Store (free ones install OK).

Although I had a USB Flash drive connected if needed, I was glad it installed and ran directly from the integral SD Card. I had asked if it was possible to use my Card rather than a Flash drive but had not had a reply. The more the Card can be used the better it is for my 'small storage' 2-in-1 tablet PC. I use the Card as if it is another Partition of C. The update was wrongly reported as having been downloaded to a CD / DVD drive which is impossible as no such Drive was connected. I suppose the mistake is related to being an ISO.

Should I now create a new Reflect Disk Image? And should I remove the old one or keep it a while 'just in case'? I have accidentally deleted Windows Old, I had intended to keep it for a few days, so it is fortunate the new Windows 10 is working well, so far.

I have the impression that the use of Restore Points is becoming less important, perhaps because it is easy to restore the OS from the ISO or a backup Disk Image and many apps / files are kept on an SD Card or USB Flash? I have not used a Restore Point for several years and only maintain one, to save on storage space. What is the difference between a Restore Point and a Shadow Copy. please?

:)

clayto, Mar 3, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Mar 3, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Mar 3, 2019
  4. October update OK --- some questions

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

October update OK --- some questions

1. October update OK --- some questions - Similar Threads - October update questions

2. Ok I have a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ok I have a question: if I have a java account does that mean I'm legally allowed to use altening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ok-i-have-a-question/e2c7e6dc-a0db-45a1-8012-76324bfee93b
  3. Ok, Dumb Question.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ok, Dumb Question.: So, ive been wanting to know the awnser to this for a very long time, it keeps me up at night. What I need to know is if its possible to take a bunch of 4 port usb hubs and plug them into eachother about 50 times and then plug usb sticks into the 3 other ports on each one...
  4. Some questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some questions: I'm a noob on this stuff but I want to build a gaming PC but all this OS stuff scares me. Would I have to pay for Windows 10 or does it come in the monitor or whatever. A friend told me Windows 10 is only good on a computer for a little while, is this true? submitted by...
  5. Some questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions: So, I'm on Windows 1909 18363.449 x64 and I have some questions: 1. I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I...
  6. Some questions

Some questions: So, I'm on Windows 1909 18363.449 x64 and I have some questions: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I...
  7. Some questions

Some questions: So, I'm on Windows 1909 18363.449 x64 and I have some questions: I can't disable some security and maintenance settings (the windows update, microsoft account, spyware and unwanted software protection, windows activation, device software, startup apps and homegroup [I...
  8. October Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October Update: Is the October Update still being distributed? My wife still did not get it and our library Win 10 computer also has not gotten it. I know there were delays, but this seems very late. I actually got my October Update on Dec. 11 which I believe was too early because I am...
  9. Will it be ok if i download windows october update right now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will it be ok if i download windows october update right now?: heard that windows new October update is wiping out all the data of the users. So, is it safe at this moment to download the October update?...
  10. Some questions:

in Windows 10 Support
    Some questions:: Win10Pro-x64, i5 2500, 16GB RAM 1) TrustedInstalleiter: When will you finally make this system easily overridable? I'm not even master in my own system then? 2) UAC: Often I'm prevented from installing programs by UAC, same question: when will you make this finally...