Windows 10: October Update Roll Out

Discus and support October Update Roll Out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidgsmith, Jan 10, 2019.

1. October Update Roll Out

Hi Everyone,
    The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to wait for the roll-out to my computers. Has anyone heard how long it's going to take Microsoft to get this one out to everyone?
    Thanks all,
    Dave

:)

davidgsmith, Jan 10, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jan 10, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jan 10, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

October Update Roll Out

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond October Update Roll Out :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

October Update Roll Out

1. October Update Roll Out - Similar Threads - October Update Roll

2. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please roll out a fix in updates: Hello Microsoft,I am posting this because of who I work for.In December 2021, an update was rolled out when the issue was first rolled out. My computer started to slow down. Keep in mind, my computers are not old. All of the computers in my home started to slow down. My main...
  3. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please roll out a fix in updates: Hello Microsoft,I am posting this because of who I work for.In December 2021, an update was rolled out when the issue was first rolled out. My computer started to slow down. Keep in mind, my computers are not old. All of the computers in my home started to slow down. My main...
  4. Please roll out a fix in updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. When will the Windows 10 October update finish rolling out?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When will the Windows 10 October update finish rolling out?: I really want to update to the new Windows 10 update, but for some reason, my computer isn't getting it. Can someone please tell me when the rolling out period will end?...
  6. Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out to users: Today, Microsoft confirmed that Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as version 20H2, is now available for download. Microsoft says the update is rolling out to ‘seekers’ or those users who opt to install it by manually checking for updates in the Settings app. After...
  7. Select October 2019 Xbox Update 1910 Features Rolling Out to Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Select October 2019 Xbox Update 1910 Features Rolling Out to Insiders: [ATTACH] As Xbox Insiders, your feedback is incredibly valuable to help us test and refine features to ensure we’re delivering the best experiences possible on Xbox. In preparation for the October 2019 Xbox Update, we’re excited to share some more details on new features...
  8. October Update Roll Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    October Update Roll Out: Hi Everyone, The last I heard Microsoft fixed the early issues and has continued the roll out. But one could update now using Windows Update. I want to wait for the roll-out to my computers. Has anyone heard how long it's going to take Microsoft to get this one out to...
  9. Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update is rolling out once again: After solving a long turmoil caused by some weird bugs, Microsoft is finally releasing the most anticipated Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) today. This update is full of exciting new features such as Your Phone app, Cloud clipboard, dark theme for File...
  10. October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out

in Windows 10 News
    October 2018 Xbox Update Rolling Out: 8T8k5yq_C8A If we could pull your attention away from exploring the beautiful scenery and becoming a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain with Forza Horizon 4, we have some new Xbox One features to share. The October 2018 Xbox Update adds new ways to express yourself with...