Windows 10: October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer)

Discus and support October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recieved the October Update yesterday. I noticed that Windows Explorer has a dark theme after restarting. But the dark theme is ugly and makes me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Johnsix95, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Johnsix95 Win User

October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer)

I recieved the October Update yesterday. I noticed that Windows Explorer has a dark theme after restarting. But the dark theme is ugly and makes me angry, because it's all very unclear.

I tried to search in Explorer's settings but there is not an option for change it back to light theme.

I use a dark theme as default. It is very good for Settings section, Microsoft Photos or search bar (which doesn't have a white color).
    But I chose a light theme in Groove music.

And the same I want to do in Windows Explorer. The main theme I want to have dark and Windows Explorer theme light.

Is there an option I've overlooked? If not, can the theme of the Explorer be changed in registry? Or is there another possibility?

If this does not change, then I will have to uninstall the October Update.

Thank you for any advice!

(PS. I like the color theme in Windows (color change based on the background). But colors in the table header are darker after update. I also do not like it. I'll be glad if there's also a way to make the colors in the headline of the tables lighter.)

Screenshot

:)

Johnsix95, Jan 29, 2019

2. Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme

i downloaded the latest october windows 10 update and enabled the Dark Theme. However the apps and other dialogs opens with the dark theme but the File Explorer does not seem to show the effect.

Kinley-Nidup, Jan 29, 2019
  3. windows dark theme

The dark theme for file explorer would be coming out with the next feature update to Windows 10, called the October update. Releasing soon.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jan 29, 2019
  4. October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer)

Dark Theme Incomplete Implementation

Dark theme for file explorer is coming with version 1809, it is not available in 1803.

1809 or the October update would be released in October.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer)

1. October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer) - Similar Threads - October Update unwanted

2. Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with File explorer in dark theme after Windows update.: Hi I have a problem in file explorer when I am in light mode and highlight a file it shows all the information about file (ie) when and what time it was downloaded, in dark mode if I highlight same file I cannot see information the writing is extremely hard to read. Can...
  3. windows explorer dark theme is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows explorer dark theme is not working: Hello, I have a DELL laptop, I`ve applied last update, and dark theme for windows explorer is not working. I have been selected the dark theme on setting/color, and in windows explorer don`t change anything. I have a desktop computer an my working place where windows...
  4. Dark theme in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark theme in windows explorer: What if I don't want dark theme only in windows explorer, but want it at every other place like windows settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme-in-windows-explorer/ca44e3cb-f4aa-4f47-86cb-239d8e70bd6a
  5. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  6. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  7. October update Dark theme is not working fully.

October update Dark theme is not working fully.: I have updated my win 10 to the new October update which enabled the default app mode to light and dark. But when i choose the dark option the file explorer leaves some part of the explorer and the right mouse button options to white which lefts it unusable. How can i make...
  8. Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme

Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme: i downloaded the latest october windows 10 update and enabled the Dark Theme. However the apps and other dialogs opens with the dark theme but the File Explorer does not seem to show the effect....
  9. Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme

Windows October 2018 Update Dark Theme: i downloaded the latest october windows 10 update and enabled the Dark Theme. However the apps and other dialogs opens with the dark theme but the File Explorer does not seem to show the effect....
  10. Dark Theme Explorer Bug

Dark Theme Explorer Bug: Ever since the dark themed explorer came out, I have this one issue that I tried to fix for quite some time. My explorer looks ugly and well, this. Look at the menu, the accent color, smaller text. Color isn't what it should be, and is unreadable without highlighting AND...