Windows 10: October Windows 10 update issues

Discus and support October Windows 10 update issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 10 October update. Now I can't create a new folder on my desktop by right clicking. How do I fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RandyWhitten, Jan 27, 2019.

1. October Windows 10 update issues

I updated to Windows 10 October update. Now I can't create a new folder on my desktop by right clicking. How do I fix this

:)

RandyWhitten, Jan 27, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

October Windows 10 update issues

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

October Windows 10 update issues

1. October Windows 10 update issues - Similar Threads - October update issues

2. Windows 10 October Update Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 October Update Issues: Ever since I updated Windows 10 from version 2004 to version 20H2, I am having two issues so far and those issues are: I can only use my pin despite having a password. While my second reason may be unrelated to the topic, it is still an issue I have. Every time I left click...
  3. Windows 10 October Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October Update Issues: After many tries I did get windows to boot up, but, all my bookmarks for both Chrome and Edge are gone. I was logged out of every website I was logged in to. A folder on the desktop where I kept seldom used icons is gone. The background image I used was gone. Edge and Chrome...
  4. CHARGING ISSUES WITH THE WINDOWS 10(BOTH OCTOBER UPDATE AND INSIDER UPDATE)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CHARGING ISSUES WITH THE WINDOWS 10(BOTH OCTOBER UPDATE AND INSIDER UPDATE): Respected Sir/Mam, Most respectfully I am facing an issue of dark screen while the battery is used up.This issue occurs in both October Update and INSIDER UPDATES OF WINDOWS 10.Several troubleshooting steps are done from toll free number of Microsoft.But still such issue...
  5. Windows 10 october update issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 october update issues: Can anyone help me with this issue and how to update my intel driver..Error message I get while trying to update is : "The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver....
  6. Windows 10 October Update.......

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 October Update.......: Just wondering, I installed the October Update when it was first released using Windows Update...They say it has now been re-released and has been fixed. I read that you could manually download it using the Update Assistant but when I try to do that it tells me immediately...
  7. Windows 10 October update driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 October update driver issues: I keep having issues with device drivers after updating to windows 10 32 bit october update on my toshiba satellite L305D-S5900 and i log this in feedback hub i need help anyone [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 October Update Issue

Windows 10 October Update Issue: My Home PC installed Windows 10 Updates October and it now displays, We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don't turn off computer. It's been showing this for 4 hours, what should I do? Power it off and try again? Leave it alone, to see if it puts itself...
  9. Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October: After updating windows 10 October (1809) I'm facing display brightness issue. It happens when I switch from any black background to white background or vice-versa (i.e. during switching if there is a color difference in the background), then in black background brightness...
  10. October update issues.

October update issues.: Hi, I inadvertently clicked on check for updates and this resulted in the October 2018 update being downloaded. Obviously I do not want to install this due to the issues previously mentioned. I am running Windows 10 Home Edition and it initially let me set a date of 11...