Windows 10: OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10

Discus and support OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I HAVE A PROGRAM CREATED WITH VB6 USING SOME OCX ACCESSING DATA. AFTER INSTALLATION ON NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10, THE OCX CAN NOT RETREIVE DATA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trabelsi Behij, Oct 4, 2018.

1. OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10

I HAVE A PROGRAM CREATED WITH VB6 USING SOME OCX ACCESSING DATA.

AFTER INSTALLATION ON NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10, THE OCX CAN NOT RETREIVE DATA FROM THE ACCESS DATABASE.

THE OCX ARE SHERIDAN DBCOMBO.

I WANT TO FIX THIS,SOME ONE HELP?

:)

trabelsi Behij, Oct 4, 2018

2. comdlg32.ocx Help

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration when things don't work as expected.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

When you install software that uses the comdlg32.ocx, the software should automatically register the file for you. In some cases your OCX file may not register properly, and as a result, will provide a "comdlg32.ocx not registered" error. Fortunately,
    you can use a built-in utility called "Microsoft Register Server" (regsvr32.exe) to re-register your comdlg32.ocx file.

How to re-register comdlg32.ocx from an elevated command prompt (Windows 10).

• Click the Start button.
    • Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit
      ENTER yet!
    • While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit
      ENTER
    • You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
    • Click Yes.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /u comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
    • Type the following command: regsvr32 /i comdlg32.ocx.
    • Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
    • Close the command prompt window.
    Re-start the program associated with comdlg32.ocx error.

Hope this helps resolving the issue, if issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    comctl32.ocx

Hi Joe,

If you’re trying to look for a replacement of comctl32.ocx, it’s possible that it was corrupted or an invalid related registry entry has occurred. Now, let’s try to
    manually register this using Microsoft Register Server. Follow these steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on the result, then select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: regsvr32 /u comctl32.ocx.
    • Press Enter to un-register the file.
    • Type this command: regsvr32 /i comctl32.ocx.
    • Press Enter to re-register your file.
    • Close the command prompt.
    • Restart your computer and check the result.

Let us know if concern has been resolved.

Louie Del, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Rod_Stone Win User

OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10

Windows 10 and ocx controls not registering

Problem:

After installing a program that was designed in Visual Studio 6 and running it as "Run As Administrator" you receive issues that various OCX controls are not registered. One of the most common ones is mscomctl.ocx.

You do not receive these messages when you do not "Run as Administrator".

If your windows 10 was an upgrade you will not receive these errors.

If, after you install your program, you create a new windows local user, then login to that user, you will also not receive the error when you select "Run as Administrator'

This has been verified on Windows 10 Pro and Home, Retail and OEM.

This will also happen if you do a Reset/Refresh of Windows 10 and have it erase all files.

One Solution:

You can run two simple commands at an elevated command prompt to resolve the issue (I do not recommend doing this unless you are on a clean install. Doing so may impact other programs that run 32bit OCX's)

for %f in (c:\windows\syswow64\*.ocx) do regsvr32 -u -s %f

for %f in (c:\windows\syswow64\*.ocx) do regsvr32 -s %f

This will unregister all ocx controls in the syswow64 folder and then reregister them.

Another Solution:

If you do not feel that you wish to un-register / re-register your ocx's, simple create a new "LOCAL" user in windows 10, log into it. This will fix the issue that is mentioned here.

I have seen many posted issues related to OCX's and Windows 10 not registering with MVP's and other telling you to reregister your ocx. This may resolve an issue with that single OCX, however, the next program you install may need another. I hope that
    someone at Microsoft will actually read this, look into it and post a fix. Since there are still many companies that user VS6 applications that rely on these ocx's , this will save many hours of troubleshooting.

If you have any other suggestions that may assist with this, or know of a fix that can be applied to resolve this, Please post your solution.

Thanks

PS.. Posting this question to Microsoft Support Team requires a support contract.

Rod_Stone, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10

1. OCX DATA CONTROL AND W10 - Similar Threads - OCX DATA CONTROL

2. CMDLG32.OCX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMDLG32.OCX: I need the following file: COMDLG32.OCX Can I get this file from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmdlg32ocx/19b13c05-f88b-4e60-809e-f5724372d8ed
  3. DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX under windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX under windows 10: I have recently started using windows 10 and need to install DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX for VB6. The versions of these OCXs I have previously used to not appear to work, I.e. I get the message "The module ... was loaded but the entry-point was not found. Make sure that ......
  4. MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSCOMCT2.OCX AND MSCOMCTL.OCX NOT SHOWING UP IN THE ADDITIONAL CONTROLS DIALOGBOX: Hello, I have installed the mscomct2.ocx and mscomctl.ocx on my pc but non is showing up in the additional controls dialog box. I registered the two controls. After the registration I received a message which read "registration successful". Kindly help me on what to do next....
  5. MSCOMM32.OCX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSCOMM32.OCX: Dear Admin, I would like to use MSCOMM32.OCX to communicate my excel with an Arduino board by serial port. I did it a lot of time easily on different laptops but now, I have a problem. OS is x-64 based Win10 home single language 10.0.18362 on AMD A6-6220, office is...
  6. W10 always downloading data

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 always downloading data: Greetings First im not the average pc user im a bit tech savvy very experienced windows user (i run 7 since 2009) now im testing 10 for 2 weeks (clean iso trial where it asks for the serial) but now this problem is driving me nuts ; basically i disabled the updates in...
  7. W10 always downloading data

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 always downloading data: Greetings First im not the average pc user im a bit tech savvy very experienced windows user (i run 7 since 2009) now im testing 10 for 2 weeks (clean iso trial where it asks for the serial) but now this problem is driving me nuts ; basically i disabled the updates in...
  8. comdlg32.ocx

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    comdlg32.ocx: I have a program in VB6. When I try to run it, I get an error relating to comctl32.ocx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/comdlg32ocx/bfb84ace-e390-4cd1-984f-4e13640c2ad9
  9. COMCTL32.OCX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COMCTL32.OCX: Where can I download COMCTL32.OCX, Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/comctl32ocx/b51613e2-e032-45ac-b4cf-2b8e58c2096e
  10. Music controls on W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music controls on W10: I was listening to many European radio stations before W10 now nothing works as before. What do I need to do to get the media back. Thanks 20103