Windows 10: ODBC and other problems(cannot start some apps). Rest works OK.

Discus and support ODBC and other problems(cannot start some apps). Rest works OK. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! Desperate of searching and trying things, I hope some can help me with this: In order I used/discovered the following: It started with Outlook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kvenl, Aug 29, 2019.

1. kvenl Win User

ODBC and other problems(cannot start some apps). Rest works OK.

Hi!

Desperate of searching and trying things, I hope some can help me with this:

In order I used/discovered the following:
    • It started with Outlook 2016 closing unexpectedly, without any warning or error. Reproducable.
    • Then ODBC links aren't working anymore (cannot find ODBC source)
    • MS Access cannot open the databases either. Same sort of error (OLE/Active-X)
    • Cannot display JPG files with Windows Photo Viewer (error: too big or damaged file);
      with another app : OK, so file is OK
    • Cannot start VMWare Workstation anymore (cannot initialize logging)
    • Rest works OK (like Word, Excel, utils etc)

What I did:
    • Restored a backup (Image with Acronis) when all worked well; I make a Full Backup every week.
    • Chkdsk on system disk
    • Checked hardware (memory, CPU)
    • Checked Event Viewer : no errors that weren't previously there, which had no impact.
    • Restored even earlier backups.
    • Ran ESET anti4us (no threats)

Now I'm out of options. Well: I could install Windows over again, but that would be a last resort.

Running Windows 10-1809, on a 16 GB machine

Can somebody help me with this?
    Much appreciated

Regards

Kees

Nothing helped this far.

:)

kvenl, Aug 29, 2019
  2. lifetec Win User

Modern apps not connecting to internet, desktop apps work fine.

Is your DNS client service running on your system .

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
    • In the list of services, click DNS Client.
    • Make sure that the Status column displays Started and that the Startup Type column displays Automatic.
    • If the service is not set to Started or if the startup type for the DNS Client service is not set to Automatic, follow these steps:
      • Right-click DNS Client, and then click Properties.
      • In the DNS Client Properties dialog box, click the General tab, and then click Automatic in the Startup type list.
      • Click Start, click Apply, and then click OK.

lifetec, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 unable to add Visual FoxPro ODBC driver

I am attempting to add the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver to my list of active data sources, but am unable to do so.

I have installed the latest driver downloaded directly from microsoft, and I have found the driver .dll file in windows explorer. However, when I attempt to add the data connection via ODBC Data Sources (32-bit), the driver does not come up in the available list.

I checked the list in ODBC Data Sources (64-bit), just to make sure it was not listed there. I am aware that the FoxPro ODBC driver is 32-bit only.

ODBC and other problems(cannot start some apps). Rest works OK. UWKMn.jpg

What next steps should I take in troubleshooting this issue? I've been googling for over two hours now, with no new developments. Thanks.

Alex Ritter, Aug 29, 2019
  4. ODBC and other problems(cannot start some apps). Rest works OK.

ODBC and Admin Name

Hi Bernard,

We acknowledge that you're having issues in setting up ODBC for DB2 connections. We would suggest in posting your concern through our Technet team to get proper support and to have the right information for your concern. You can easily reach out to them
    by clicking this
    link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

ODBC and other problems(cannot start some apps). Rest works OK.

1. ODBC and other problems(cannot start some apps). Rest works OK. - Similar Threads - ODBC problems cannot

2. ODBC Problems with DB2 DB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ODBC Problems with DB2 DB: Hello, I have some problems with ODBC not sure if this is the correct Community. I'm trying to connect, with ODC, to a DB2 Database but I do get License Error SQL1598N An attempt to connect to the database server failed because of a licensing problem. SQLSTATE=42968. I do...
  3. Camera works in some apps but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera works in some apps but not others: Dell XPS 13 2021, Windows 11 Home up to date h/w and s/wWhen it boots, Windows says “cannot start your camera” and I can't use face signin..Camera works fine in Signal, WhatsApp and Zoom.But I get a black image in Camera and Skype , although the white LED is lit.I ran the...
  4. Camera works in some apps but not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera works in some apps but not others: Dell XPS 13 2021, Windows 11 Home up to date h/w and s/wWhen it boots, Windows says “cannot start your camera” and I can't use face signin..Camera works fine in Signal, WhatsApp and Zoom.But I get a black image in Camera and Skype , although the white LED is lit.I ran the...
  5. My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP: The Windows start button as well as the Windows Store app and the Email App plus the Action center won't work. Whenever I try to click on the Email button it shows Explorer.exe Class not found. But I also can't look at the calendar either or get to my settings. In order to...
  6. My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP

My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP: The Windows start button as well as the Windows Store app and the Email App plus the Action center won't work. Whenever I try to click on the Email button it shows Explorer.exe Class not found. But I also can't look at the calendar either or get to my settings. In order to...
  7. My Start Button, Settings and some other Apps are not working PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. OPEN FILE LOCATION NOT WORKING FOR SOME FILES Others OK ??? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OPEN FILE LOCATION NOT WORKING FOR SOME FILES Others OK ??? Windows 10: When I type into the search bar and bring up the name of a file - Then RIGHT CLICK and CHOOSE OPEN FILE LOCATION - nothing happens at all no file explorer comes up, but some files ARE working?...
  9. start menu and other apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and other apps not working: whenever I click on my start button a blue message pops up saying 'Critical Error' and it asks me to sign out. I also can't use the search bar, Spotify or even go into my settings. Is there something wrong with my PC or is it just some sort of a bug? I would appreciate it if...
  10. Problems starting some Store apps (not all).

Problems starting some Store apps (not all).: I've had this problem ever since Anniversary upgrade on one of my machines (a Dell). At the same time, the problem does not exist on my older HP. I've discussed it here before, but I still have not gotten any results, so I thought a new thread would be better... Summary:...