Windows 10: Odd Access "trusted location" and Outlook "cannot receive" errors

Discus and support Odd Access "trusted location" and Outlook "cannot receive" errors in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; We have five computers on our network - all running Windows 10 Pro 1903 and Office 365. Our 'server' is simply a system dedicated to storing shared... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by nhanimator, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Odd Access "trusted location" and Outlook "cannot receive" errors

We have five computers on our network - all running Windows 10 Pro 1903 and Office 365. Our 'server' is simply a system dedicated to storing shared files. On the server we have three internal hard drives - one as a boot/system drive, the others are dedicated to data and are called (and shared as) Data 1 and Data 2. From each of the other four computers, drive L: is assigned to the Data 1 share and M: is Data 2.

We have a new PC which is able to map and access all files, including Word, Excel, images, PDFs etc, without a problem. But there are two odd things going on:

1. In trying to run Access, the file opens but sort of craps out when an early macro is encountered and gives a 2950 error, which seems to be related to "trusted locations." I have tried adding the necessary locations manually. I have also chosen to "Enable Content" when presented with that security warning. But no combination seems to work. It keeps telling me that it can't compile a particular equation - essentially that there is a field type error. But that seems to be a red herring. That same macro works everywhere else and the '2950' number points to a "trusted location" issue of some sort. When combined with the other problem (below), it seems as though there is a network issue. (Note: The database is split, with the front end stored on the user's C: drive and the data on the Data 2 share.

2. In Outlook, our PST files have always been stored on Data 2. In first installing Office 365, Outlook created a local PST file. We added the older (existing) PST that was on Data 2 as a data file and then made it the default file. From the Account Settings/Email dialog box, we then clicked on the lower button for "Change Folder" and told Outlook to store incoming messages to the Data 2 PST file (instead of the default local PST).

The Send/Receive function works fine when mail is being told to be stored in the local PST, but it hangs on the receiving portion if the messages are supposed to go to the Data 2 PST (even if there is no mail actually incoming). The Data 2 PST appears fine within Outlook and email can be move/deleted etc. into and out of that data file without an issue. The ONLY thing that doesn't seem to be working correctly is receiving mail directly to the networked share.

Any idea on what to try?

Thanks much in advance,
    John

:)

nhanimator, Jan 18, 2020
  2. greenfx Win User

Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f

To make more space on the C: drive, I moved onedrive folder to another another drive. Didn't realize that the pst file is residing under onedrive. I linked the outlook 2010 data file to the new location of pst file but cannot send or receive emails.

Keep on getting outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f error.

Can somebody guide pls ? Thanks !

greenfx, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Lis7 Win User
    Outlook send/receive issue after moving pst files to Drive D

I need some advice, as this issue is driving me pretty crazy and the solutions I've found online so far don't seem to work or have negative downstream consequences.
    Win 10 (oem), v.1903
    Office 2019 Home and Business (oem)
    Internal Drive C: program files (but the oem install has the Documents folder on Drive C too for some reason)
    Internal Drive D: data files
    Background

1. After activating Outlook 2019, Windows automatically placed each pst file in C:\\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files\L: [email protected] Instead, I would like to store each Outlook pst file (have multiple email addresses/pst files) in a Documents folder (or some other folder) on Drive D.
    2. To move the original Documents folder from drive C to Drive D I closed Outlook, right-clicked the original Documents folder and used the Properties/Location tab to move it to a new Documents folder I had previously created on drive D. That step seemed to work correctly, and each pst file was now in the new Documents folder on Drive D.
    3. After the folder move, I launched Outlook and used the resulting "Outlook can't find" popup to specify a new file path for each pst file. However, while I can see each new file path in Outlook's Account Settings, it throws send and receive error messages (e.g.: "Sending reported error (0x8004010F): Outlook data file cannot be accessed") and won't send or receive for each account. This continues to happen after closing and reopening Outlook.
    4. I moved the Documents folder back to where it was on drive C. I tried this several times, using the Outlook error popup to try to remap each email account to the new Documents path on Drive D.
    Bottom line is that this Outlook send/receive issue is also preventing me from moving my Documents folder to the D drive where I want it, because when I move it, it messes up Outlook.
    Question

• After I move each pst file and specify the new file paths in the Outlook popup, how do I get Outlook to send/receive for those email accounts?
    Thank you in advance.

4. Try3 Win User

Odd Access "trusted location" and Outlook "cannot receive" errors

the link image are not displayed in outlook 2013

In Outlook 2007 this behaviour is set by default but can be changed. Perhaps it is the same with Outlook 2013.

• In Outlook 2007 this behaviour can be unset at Tools, Trust centre, Automatic download.
    • In Outlook 2016 this behaviour can be unset at Outlook options, Trust centre, Automatic download.
    • In Outlook 2013 I would expect the relevant setting to be in a similar location to one of these, probably close to that of Outlook 2016.

Denis

Thema:

Odd Access "trusted location" and Outlook "cannot receive" errors

1. Odd Access "trusted location" and Outlook "cannot receive" errors - Similar Threads - Odd Access trusted

2. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations: I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this already, but not 100% sure. If I put a UNC name into trusted sites such as file:///\\<Server_IP or ServerName> OR file://<Server_IP or ServerName>then all the shares and subfolders on that server are trusted as well, correct? If no, then...
  3. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations: I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this already, but not 100% sure. If I put a UNC name into trusted sites such as file:///\\<Server_IP or ServerName> OR file://<Server_IP or ServerName>then all the shares and subfolders on that server are trusted as well, correct? If no, then...
  4. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Send and receive error in Outlook 2016.: Windows 10 did an update in August and ever since then, I am getting error messages for sending and receiving e-mails in Outlook and anytime I try to do something, I have to enter my password. I have tried to reconfigure the e-mail, and set up a new account. but now it...
  6. Windows cannot access network location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access network location.: Hi, got a really werid issue wondering if anyone has any ideas. I run an old Dell Optiplex system with a bunch of hard drives in. This runs Windows 7 and is used purely to sit quietly in the corner and to be forgotten about and runs my network drives. I've ran this setup...
  7. How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to repair an Invalid or revoked Trusted Certificate -- Odd error w/ diagnostics: I have a Windows 10 Pro system, upgraded from 8.1 (or .2). It is a Dell desktop PC. The certificate store indicates that DST Root CA X3 has been revoked by its certification authority. I also have a Surface Pro 2017 with Windows 10 Pro. That machine indicates that certificate...
  8. Cannot Receive e-mail on Mail or Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Receive e-mail on Mail or Outlook: I'm no longer able to receive e-mail on a POP account through Outlook 2010 or Mail apps. Windows keeps asking for the password, and I keep entering it. I re-entered the password in the two apps, and still, it gets rejected. The password hasn't been changed, and it still...
  9. access to trusted sites?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    access to trusted sites?: How do I allow a website thru the firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-trusted-sites/976dd057-e7e2-4fed-870c-09e990365850
  10. Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 - outlook sending and receiving error - 0x8004010f: To make more space on the C: drive, I moved onedrive folder to another another drive. Didn't realize that the pst file is residing under onedrive. I linked the outlook 2010 data file to the new location of pst file but cannot send or receive emails. Keep on getting...