Windows 10: Odd account issues every reboot since Windows 10 2004 Update

Discus and support Odd account issues every reboot since Windows 10 2004 Update in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 2004 (Build 19041.329) I have been experiencing some odd account issues with my PC since the 2004 Feature Update. At login, I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jeffreyabr, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Odd account issues every reboot since Windows 10 2004 Update

Windows 10 version 2004 (Build 19041.329)

I have been experiencing some odd account issues with my PC since the 2004 Feature Update.

At login, I am told that my Outlook account had an issue and I am asked to log back in.

Additionally, Google Music Manager has lost its credentials and I am asked to sign back in. Amazon Photos does not start with the PC as it used to in the 1909 build. Microsoft Outlook will prompt me for my email password when I start it.

Most annoyingly, I have had to remap my Synology drive to my PC every time I reboot. If I try to access the mapped drive, I am told that I need to enter my credentials. If I do that, I am told they are wrong. By deleting it and remapping it, I can access it.

It's almost as if there's an issue with a part of Windows that would be similar to what Keychain is on Mac, that is affected from this latest build.

Is this part of a broader set of issues that others are experiencing? Is there any advice floating around out there?

:)

jeffreyabr, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Odd account issues every reboot since Windows 10 2004 Update :(

Zakin, Jun 14, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Odd account issues every reboot since Windows 10 2004 Update

Brink, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Odd account issues every reboot since Windows 10 2004 Update

1. Odd account issues every reboot since Windows 10 2004 Update - Similar Threads - Odd account issues

2. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  3. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updated since 2004: Hi, My Windows has not been updated since version 2004, which will soon lose support. Every time I try to update the first parts work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. Is there...
  4. Windows not updated since 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not updated since 2004

Windows not updated since 2004: My Windows has not been updated since version 2004 Every time I try to update, the first phases work fine, but on the last reboot it gets stuck at the boot logo, after which I have to force the reset, causing the update to roll back. I did the SFC and DISM commands. All my...
  6. Odd Issue With Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Odd Issue With Windows 10: Hello, I'm hoping someone would be able to assist me with an odd issue that started occurring to me recently. Whenever I boot up my PC or restart it, instead of taking me to my user account to enter my pin at the lock screen, it automatically takes me to a different account...
  7. Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update

Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update: We have two Lenovo P310s and an AIO that were upgraded to windows 10 2004 in June/July 2020. Since upgrading, no windows app or the store opens and general performance is slow on all machines, login times are generally 3-5mins. Steps taken to resolve: wsreset.exe all...
  8. issue since 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    issue since 2004: Hi! so i have this problem since the version 2004, wich i always avoided and reverted, and with the october update now. Basically when i first startup my pc in the morning its is unusable, after the login screen system start lagging, everything is laggins mouse teleport, if i...
  9. Facing issues with task manager since windows 10-2004 update.

Facing issues with task manager since windows 10-2004 update.: Facing issues with task manager since windows 10-2004 update. Click on performance tab results into blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facing-issues-with-task-manager-since-windows-10/03063721-0d50-4261-981f-76b5f2d3ec86
  10. Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird latency issues and stuttering since updating windows 10 to 2004: Hi, yesterday my windows 10 updated to this damn 2004 version of it and ever since I get random weird lag spikes in video and audio, so today I've found out about latecymon and the problem seems to be from the nvidia drivers and storport.sys apparently:...