Windows 10: Odd and confusing External USB 3.0 HUB behavior.. Only 1 port works for only ONE specific...

Discus and support Odd and confusing External USB 3.0 HUB behavior.. Only 1 port works for only ONE specific... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 2 days ago I opened up my laptop to put new cooling paste on the CPU and GPU, it went somewhat ok, had to redo the opening part once because it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UngweL, Jun 28, 2019.

1. UngweL Win User

Odd and confusing External USB 3.0 HUB behavior.. Only 1 port works for only ONE specific...

2 days ago I opened up my laptop to put new cooling paste on the CPU and GPU, it went somewhat ok, had to redo the opening part once because it didn't function properly. Now it works fine, but something have happened with my Externally powered 7port USB 3.0 hub.

I used to have my Xbox 360 USB wireless dongle, 1 USB 3.0 External SSD, some USB Steelseries Headphones, and 3 other items only for power (Lamp, Phone charger etc)

Now, after first boot the ONLY port that works when it comes to making the lamp lit (as it communicates with the computer) is port 4 (the middle one) But it gets worse there as it only works with the external harddrive (SSD) Nothing else works, no port, not even the same port if I Eject the external harddrive. But I am still able to get the power from all ports, so I can use the charger etc, just no other ports for data transfer of any kind.

I'm really confused about this error

Info from "Device manager -> Universal serial bus controllers -> Generic superspeed USB hub -> Events showing the following

Device USB\VID_2109&PID_0812\6&23cae741&1&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_04E8&PID_685D\5&16bdd27b&0&2

Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122

Present: false

And a 2nd one of the same devicename (Generic superspeed usb hub) showing these events

Device USB\VID_2109&PID_0812\5&16BDD27B&0&21 was deleted.

Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

Would be super happy if anyone could guide me and get this fixed without having to reinstall my computer Odd and confusing External USB 3.0 HUB behavior.. Only 1 port works for only ONE specific... :)

:)

UngweL, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Lugh Win User

External Hard Drives Won't Work on Two Specific USB Ports

I would never have large external drives powered off USB. It may work, but not something I'd count on long-term. Why they work on some ports but not on ones on the back of your machine is odd—usually back ports are the best.

If you can't plug the externals directly into a power source outside the PC, then I suggest getting a powered USB hub—ie it plugs into your UPS or power strip—and using that.

Did you add any new hardware shortly before this started happening? Something which caused the PC's PSU to become stressed.

Yes, thumb drives draw much less power.

3. 7 Port High Speed USB 3.0 Hub

they were asking for this... https://geeks.com/collections/best-...h-speed-usb-3-0-hub-windows-mac-os-compatible so that they did not have to search the page for it. Common courtesy when listing a hot deal really.

sneekypeet, Jun 28, 2019
  4. foxslink Win User

Odd and confusing External USB 3.0 HUB behavior.. Only 1 port works for only ONE specific...

USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Odd and confusing External USB 3.0 HUB behavior.. Only 1 port works for only ONE specific... - Similar Threads - Odd confusing External

2. Only one of my USB ports out of 3, is working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one of my USB ports out of 3, is working.: I have an Asus Vivobook 15 X512JP running Windows 10 Home. Suddenly the 2 left side USB ports stopped working. Only the right side port works. I already tried uninstalling and installing the USB Drivers....
  3. Only one of my USB ports out of 3, is working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one of my USB ports out of 3, is working.: I have an Asus Vivobook 15 X512JP running Windows 10 Home. Suddenly the 2 left side USB ports stopped working. Only the right side port works. I already tried uninstalling and installing the USB Drivers....
  4. Only one of my USB ports out of 3, is working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows

Only USB 3.2 Gen 1 usb ports working in Windows: So, when i start my pc and go to my bios all my Usb ports work, but when i go to windows they stop working. Every usb port still hast power but there is no data transfer. Like written above only the Usb 3.2 Gen 1 ports work fully. I have upgraded my power supply and...
  6. Only one USB port not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one USB port not working.: My HP Notebok Laptop is currently running on Windows 11 home edition which I purchased two weeks ago.There are 2 USB ports in my laptop,but only 1 port is functional while other port is only giving power.The malfunctioned port is not detecting or showing devices on MYPC,it...
  7. Only one USB port not working.

Only one USB port not working.: My HP Notebok Laptop is currently running on Windows 11 home edition which I purchased two weeks ago.There are 2 USB ports in my laptop,but only 1 port is functional while other port is only giving power.The malfunctioned port is not detecting or showing devices on MYPC,it...
  8. Only one USB port will work on my computer

Only one USB port will work on my computer: Yesterday my computer was working fine, but earlier today I noticed that my mouse wasn't working. So I tried it on a different computer and it worked, then I came back to my computer and tried to get it working again. For some reason, it only works when it's plugged into the...
  9. USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 3.0 transfer speed drops to 0 only on one port. USB port and external drive are NOT...: I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop with two USB 3.0 ports. I connect a Seagate expansion drive to the left USB port and transfer a 4GB test file. It transfers about 1GB at 150MB/s and then transfer speed drops to 0. Then it picks up again after 3-4minutes, then drops again...
  10. One USB 3 port only works with one brand of flash drive

One USB 3 port only works with one brand of flash drive: Folks, There is something very odd going on with JUST ONE of my USB 3 ports (one of the two on the front panel) on my new system that has a "clean" install of Win 10 Pro. A few days ago I tried to use that port and Windows did not recognize any USB drive that I inserted....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb hub confuses windows