Windows 10: Odd and Even page problems

Discus and support Odd and Even page problems in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm writing a book. Chapter 1 begins with page 1, which is an odd page footer. There are 8 preceding pages, and I would expect page 1 to begin with an... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Frans279, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Frans279 Win User

Odd and Even page problems

I'm writing a book. Chapter 1 begins with page 1, which is an odd page footer. There are 8 preceding pages, and I would expect page 1 to begin with an odd page footer too, becuase it is the 1st page of the book and must be on the right.
    BUT, the first page beins with an even page footer. I think the cause of all this is that there are 4 separate sections before page 1. I have managed the numbering from chapter 1 (use Link to previous etc) so that works. BUT, when i view the book in Kindle, i see some of the pages before Ch1 are on the left insetad of right. Also, when double clicking the footers, and extra page appears to be created.
    I'm at my wits end and have tried solving this for days. Needless to say, i'd appreciate help. In summary, this problem occurs before page numbering begins with Chapter 1.

Thank you.

:)

Frans279, Jun 6, 2020
  2. sttubs Win User

Odd monitor problem

Odd monitor problem *NEW INFO*

I have a monitor (listed in my specs) that sometimes does not turn on when the computer is started or brought out of sleep mode. If I unplug the power cord & plug it back in it works fine, no other problems with it at all. Any thoughts? Is it eminently going to fail, should I RMA?

sttubs, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Page numbering after odd page break

In my book I want each new chapter to start on an odd page. At the end of a chapter I put in an odd page break. If that is from an odd page, it inserts a blank even page without a page number (which is what I want). It starts the next chapter on an odd page,
    as I want, but it provides no page number at the bottom of page. I want that page number to show. I tried inserting the page number manually as a footer, but that didn't work. What can I do?

Also, my book is divided into sections with several chapters in each. I used an odd page break to go to the next odd page for the section caption in the middle of the page. That worked okay with no page number showing and none of the blank even page.

HowardHallman, Jun 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Odd and Even page problems - Similar Threads - Odd page problems

2. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  3. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  4. Odd Page Headers on some sections of document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Page Headers on some sections of document: Document has 10 sectionsFirst 6 all correct. Section 10 is correct.Section 7-9 has problemsEven page headers correctCan not change the header of odd pages -the same header goes on all 3 sectionsAll sections have ‘section break-odd pages’ apart from the end of section 6-has a...
  5. Odd Page Headers on some sections of document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Page Headers on some sections of document: Document has 10 sectionsFirst 6 all correct. Section 10 is correct.Section 7-9 has problemsEven page headers correctCan not change the header of odd pages -the same header goes on all 3 sectionsAll sections have ‘section break-odd pages’ apart from the end of section 6-has a...
  6. Odd Page Headers on some sections of document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Odd problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd problem with shortcut: Hi PC Spec as per Computer 1 (desktop) I have created a shortcut to an elevated command prompt which I wish to pin to the start menu. I can pin the shortcut to the start menu but here's the problem. When I double-click on the desktop shortcut (not yet deleted this), it...
  8. odd mouse problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    odd mouse problem: I reinstalled Windows 10 / 1903 on an HP 15 f009wm laptop. I installed the drivers from the HP site and everything works correctly except the mouse, that exhibits only jerky unusable movement, with both wired and wireless mouse. When I check the device manager there is one...
  9. Odd Problem with mouse binds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Problem with mouse binds: So, on my mouse, the logitech g303, whenever i press mouse3, it registers as mouse1. If there was a way to reset all my key binds to default, that would be great. When I press mouse1, it does not act as mouse3. I have already tried changing all of my key binds through the...
  10. Various Odd Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various Odd Problems.: For starters, I have a pretty badly organised desktop, so my screen is filled with icons. Every now and then, I'll see all of the icons re-render themselves (no idea why - nothing I've done). Here they flash white, then redraw themselves. However, after this, the normal...