Windows 10: Odd behaviour.

Discus and support Odd behaviour. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 and I have recently had the most annoying behaviour start happening. Out of nowhere it just started randomly opening the start menu,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by samuelduggan, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Odd behaviour.

I use Windows 10 and I have recently had the most annoying behaviour start happening. Out of nowhere it just started randomly opening the start menu, task manager and auto-clicking the button that initiates scroll with my trackpad. It does it randomly and gets right in my face with it.

Basically:

- Start menu clicks itself with no initiation by me in any way. It happens even if I am not actually by my computer.
    - Task manager opens by itself and at random times
    - The button that lets me initiate scrolling with the tracking-button (the little red one on Lenovo PC's) presses by itself.

Apart from that nothing else. Just these three things.

I just quit smoking and this is so annoying. Please, if anyone has any advice or needs more information to help, let me know.

:)

samuelduggan, Jun 13, 2016
  2. tiny62 Win User

Rather odd behaviour.

I agree I have only had my phone a few days so I am thinking of taking it back

tiny62, Jun 13, 2016
  3. 3G_FTW Win User
    Rather odd behaviour.

Haha no I'm acutally in London. I wans't planning on using the triagnlar feature to find my location , rather just browse the maps if you get my drift. I didn't even know that it calculated your postion in such a way , I don't recall seeing the feature
    ?

3G_FTW, Jun 13, 2016
  4. Odd behaviour.

Welcome aboard, Samuel. And congratulations on giving up smoking.

There are several possible causes, so there are several possible solutions. I had this problem years ago, and it turned out that my mouse button was either stuck or worn out. I bought a new mouse and the problem disappeared.

You can also go into Device Manager and check your mouse., but it will probably tell you that it is working properly.

Vince Massi, Jun 13, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    *Ditto

If I had been there, I would have tried to check the keyboard and the mouse pad of the laptop.

6. Thanks for the reply. I am trying a different mouse to see if it fixes it. But I have tried disconnecting before, but I never disconnected the reciever so I will try to completely remove it and see if it continues.

You say check the mousepad (the laptop thing). How would I do that? Troubleshoot in device manager? Or is there a tool that I can download for trustworthy diagnostics?

samuelduggan, Jun 13, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Your specs says it is a Lenovo X140E laptop; and so I said it.
    Laptops hardware are difficult to deal with. It sounds like you are not savvy with laptop hardware. Then better you get it checked than checking it. Take it to a repair shop.

8. Odd behaviour.

Try this:
    Unistall Spybot Search & Destroy
    Make sure Windows Defenders is the active AV product
    Reset your Hosts file to the default
    Restart your machine.

My bet is on Spybot, but to rule out any infection....
    Run the following utilities:
    Click here to download Old Timer-TFC.
    >> save the application to your Desktop.
    *Info Old Timer-TFC is a standalone application, there is no install.

Save your work and close all open windows.
    TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!

Right click, run as administrator TFC

Click the Start button to begin the cleaning up temporary files and folders.
    Do not work on other things while TFC is running - most applications use some sort of temporary files. Just let TFC run by itself on the machine until it completes.

*Busted Restart your machine immediately after TFC completes.[/QUOTE]

AdwCleaner is a two step process. Scan then Clean

Click here to download AdwCleaner (author: Xplode)
    --> save the application to your Desktop.

• Right-click AdwCleaner.exe on your Desktop and select Run As Administrator to run the scanner with full privilege rights.
      AdwCleaner is a standalone executable, there is no install.

• Click on the Scan button.
      • AdwCleaner begins scanning your system. It might take some time to complete.

• Review the detected objects grouped under each of the tabs.
        --> If there is something you KNOW should NOT be cleaned, clear the checkbox
        Odd behaviour. [​IMG]
        next to the object. If you're not sure about an object, paste the scan logfile (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) in a new post for a member to review and advise you.
        Otherwise, go to the next step.

• After the scan has finished and you have reviewed the objects to be cleaned, click on the Clean button.
      • Answer OK to the close all programs prompt, then follow the onscreen prompts.
      • Answer OK to the restart the computer prompt to complete the removal process.
        The AdwCleaner log file is opened in your default Text editor when the machine has restarted.
        Each time AdwCleaner runs, the log file number [#] is incremented, the highest number is the most recent. There are two log files, one for the scan (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) and one for the clean (AdwCleaner[C#].txt).
    Paste the entire clean logfile (AdwCleaner[C#].txt) in your next post.
    --> AdwCleaner logs are located in the C:\AdwCleaner folder if you need to reference them again

And finally (for now anyway)
    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free - Windows 7 Help Forums

Slartybart, Jun 13, 2016
  9. I think that Arc means to check the touchpad on the laptop.

Vince Massi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Odd behaviour.

1. Odd behaviour. - Similar Threads - Odd behaviour

2. Odd Logitech F710 behaviour in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Logitech F710 behaviour in Windows 11: Dear All,I am experiencing some odd behaviour of Logitech F710 gamepas in Windows 11.Basically, it works fine after being set up, but only until next system restart.Every single time I want to play a game I need to rerun Logitech F710 connect utility.Also, what I can do to...
  3. Odd Logitech F710 behaviour in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Logitech F710 behaviour in Windows 11: Dear All,I am experiencing some odd behaviour of Logitech F710 gamepas in Windows 11.Basically, it works fine after being set up, but only until next system restart.Every single time I want to play a game I need to rerun Logitech F710 connect utility.Also, what I can do to...
  4. Odd number pad behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd number pad behaviour: Hello! Something odd has happened with my number pad over the last couple of weeks. I have the num lock on and this works for the numbers, but I cannot enter the plus, multiply or divide symbols without pressing shift at the same time. The minus symbol works okay. I have...
  5. Odd Start Menu Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Start Menu Behaviour: Hi, In addition to the odd behaviour of shortcuts on one machine (detailed in this thread: Odd problem with shortcut) I also have this oddity. The laptop has a start menu that is wide enough to fit 4 large 'live tiles' (?) side by side or 8 small tiles. The desktop has a...
  6. Odd Trackpad Behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Trackpad Behaviour: Windows 10 ver 20H2. SONY VAIO laptop with Samsung 860 SSD, 4GB RAM. Initially, the laptop worked fine. Recently an odd problem has surfaced. I prefer to use a wireless mouse (Logitech V450 Nano) which behaves as expected. However, the laptop's own trackpad is (for want of a...
  7. How to use my CPU's full potential? Windows 10 seems to have an odd behaviour regarding CPU...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use my CPU's full potential? Windows 10 seems to have an odd behaviour regarding CPU...: Hi, I will refer in this question to the Nintendo Switch emulator Yuzu, but this can be relevant to any other software i may run on my laptop. Please be advised that unlike running native PC video games, using emulators relies mostly on CPU and much less on GPU. When I run a...
  8. After upgrade to Win10 PRO 2004 it fails to create a system image and other odd behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrade to Win10 PRO 2004 it fails to create a system image and other odd behaviour: Win10 64 PRO, ASUS Z270AR Mobo, 32GB 3200Mhz ram, i7 KL CPU at 4.2GHz, LQ cooler, 850W PSU, Gfx MSI nVIDEA RTX1080 Ti TRIO 11GB iTB Samsung nVme 970 PRO SSD, Crucial nVme SSD, 4 x HDD 7200 drives , Msoft kbrd and mouse Two nights ago my PC auto upgraded to Win10...
  9. Odd behaviour of Format Painter

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Odd behaviour of Format Painter: Hi folks. I'm getting some very odd behaviour with Format Painter in Word 2016. First of all, I know how format painter works, I have been using it for years! However, on this new installation of both Windows 10 Pro (ver 2004) and MS Office Pro Plus 2016 Version 2005 (Build...
  10. Odd CD Drive Behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd CD Drive Behaviour: Hi All Any help would be much appreciated. I put a CD in my Win10 PC. Nothing happens at all till I click on "This PC" in Windows Explorer. Until I do that, Windows Explorer shows the drive as "BD-RE Drive F:" After click on "This PC", drive shows as "BD-RE Drive F:...