Windows 10: Odd BSOD behaviour

Discus and support Odd BSOD behaviour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, and I hope you are all doing well. My laptop has recently been subjected to a few BSODs. The first one was about a few weeks ago.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by phantomedge8, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Odd BSOD behaviour

Hello everyone, and I hope you are all doing well.

My laptop has recently been subjected to a few BSODs. The first one was about a few weeks ago. The BSODs typically involved the screen going a pink fuzzy texture (graphics messing up), and restarting. It started showing the blue screen more recently. Sometimes, the computer would start up very slowly, so I decided to open task manager. The ram occasionally decreased from ~6GB to ~1.5 GB (RAM reserved), but it would be quickly rectified upon restarting again.
    Blue screen typically stated (IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL).

I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday (from Windows 7 Home Premium), and received another BSOD screen just there. This time it stated (KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED).

I also ran whocrashed (not sure if it helps), and it said

On Thu 06/08/2015 06:35:47 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80344E7F765, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear back soon.
    Gerald

:)

phantomedge8, Aug 5, 2015
  2. tiny62 Win User

Rather odd behaviour.

I agree I have only had my phone a few days so I am thinking of taking it back

tiny62, Aug 5, 2015
  3. 3G_FTW Win User
    Rather odd behaviour.

Haha no I'm acutally in London. I wans't planning on using the triagnlar feature to find my location , rather just browse the maps if you get my drift. I didn't even know that it calculated your postion in such a way , I don't recall seeing the feature
    ?

3G_FTW, Aug 5, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Odd BSOD behaviour

Hello, Phantomedge8 and welcome to the forums. You have 1 dump file. This is what it says.

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80344e7f765, 0, ffffffffffffffff} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReservePtes+205 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] Please Run Memtest86+

Odd BSOD behaviour [​IMG]

Odd BSOD behaviour [​IMG]
    Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes consecutively or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

essenbe, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Hello essenbe,

I downloaded the USB installer for MEMTEST86+. After installing it and booting it from a USB, it ran for about 15 hours. 8 passes, no fails.

Thank you,
    Gerald

phantomedge8, Aug 7, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    Phantomedge8, There is no way it should take 15 hours to run 8 passes with your 6 GB of ram.

Please go to Device Manager and post a screenshot of it and go to Add/Remove Programs and post a screenshot of all the programs you have installed. How to post screenshots is in the link below. The same way you uploaded the first DM Log collector.

Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

If you have another BSOD Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums.

essenbe, Aug 7, 2015
  7. I thought it was rather strange too. After sleeping for around 10 hours, it had only passed 5 times.

Here are the installed programs screenshots:

Attachment 29617
    Attachment 29618
    Attachment 29619

And the device manager screenshots are in the next post, since I can only upload 5 in one post.

phantomedge8, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Odd BSOD behaviour

Device manager screenshots:

Attachment 29621
    Attachment 29622
    Attachment 29623
    Attachment 29624

Thanks,

Gerald

phantomedge8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Odd BSOD behaviour

1. Odd BSOD behaviour - Similar Threads - Odd BSOD behaviour

2. Odd Start Menu Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Start Menu Behaviour: Hi, In addition to the odd behaviour of shortcuts on one machine (detailed in this thread: Odd problem with shortcut) I also have this oddity. The laptop has a start menu that is wide enough to fit 4 large 'live tiles' (?) side by side or 8 small tiles. The desktop has a...
  3. Odd Trackpad Behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Trackpad Behaviour: Windows 10 ver 20H2. SONY VAIO laptop with Samsung 860 SSD, 4GB RAM. Initially, the laptop worked fine. Recently an odd problem has surfaced. I prefer to use a wireless mouse (Logitech V450 Nano) which behaves as expected. However, the laptop's own trackpad is (for want of a...
  4. Odd behaviour of Format Painter

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Odd behaviour of Format Painter: Hi folks. I'm getting some very odd behaviour with Format Painter in Word 2016. First of all, I know how format painter works, I have been using it for years! However, on this new installation of both Windows 10 Pro (ver 2004) and MS Office Pro Plus 2016 Version 2005 (Build...
  5. Odd CD Drive Behaviour

Odd CD Drive Behaviour: Hi All Any help would be much appreciated. I put a CD in my Win10 PC. Nothing happens at all till I click on "This PC" in Windows Explorer. Until I do that, Windows Explorer shows the drive as "BD-RE Drive F:" After click on "This PC", drive shows as "BD-RE Drive F:...
  6. Robocopy Odd behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Robocopy Odd behaviour: I had to replace a drive and once done, I made a backup or the entire drive using robocopy with this command: robocopy "D:" "L:\Drive_D" /R:10 /W:30 /NS /NC /NDL /E /MOT:5 /MT:8 /XD "D:\$RECYCLE.BIN" "D:\System Volume Information" Took a while, the destination drive was an...
  7. Odd WMP behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd WMP behaviour: I burn CD's to use in my car to save wrecking the original disk and have done so for some time now. I now have a little problem that I have never seen before in that in 10 WMP picks the last three tracks and marks them as having a problem with burning. I first thought...
  8. Odd software behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd software behaviour: In my Win10 build 10565 file browser/explorer I usually like to set the folder view to sort by date order. This works fine in Win10 directly. There is sometimes a short delay whilst the folder reorganises itself. However if I THEN use a third party program such as Photoshop...
  9. Usb driver odd behaviour?

Usb driver odd behaviour?: Hi! This is long term issue for me, i was not able to find a clear answer for why this happens, since to me it's not working as intended. So what happens when i use FTDI 230x as Comport and attach or detach USB device to my system, for reason or another RTS signal...
  10. Odd behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd behaviour.: I use Windows 10 and I have recently had the most annoying behaviour start happening. Out of nowhere it just started randomly opening the start menu, task manager and auto-clicking the button that initiates scroll with my trackpad. It does it randomly and gets right in my...