Windows 10: Odd bug: strange entry in the list of installed apps

Discus and support Odd bug: strange entry in the list of installed apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed earlier today a strange entry in my list of installed apps/programs in the state menu. All it says is TrayItem followed by a list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Petey7, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Petey7 Win User

Odd bug: strange entry in the list of installed apps

I noticed earlier today a strange entry in my list of installed apps/programs in the state menu. All it says is TrayItem followed by a list of characters. You can see it in the image below. I am not sure why its there, but I do know when it appeared. It showed up after I ran into an issue with the system clock. I didn't notice til this morning that it thought the time zone was Pacific Time. After changing it to eastern and putting it on the right hour, I thought everything was fixed until later I realized it was actually ahead by 12 hours, so I had to change the time to pm from am, and the date back an hour. The action center then kept telling me I had to login again but wasn't giving me an option to do so. Restarting didn't help, and I eventually found a solution online which required switching to a local account and back to back to my Microsoft account. After doing this, the TrayItem appeared but the error went away, and I haven't had any other issues since. I just find the entry being there annoying and want to know if anyone knows how to get rid of it. I've tried opening it, and uninstalling it, but neither of those actually did anything. Is there maybe a registry key that needs to be messed with?

Odd bug: strange entry in the list of installed apps [​IMG]

:)

Petey7, Oct 3, 2014
  2. eepyaich Win User

Marketplace apps creating weird entries in "Remove Programs" list.

I'm also seeing these strange entries in the Remove Programs list. However, I'm also seeing in "My applications" in Marketplace that

- most of my apps are still listed in "ready to install", even though I have installed (and used) them
    - only a few of my apps are listed in the "Remove an app" page.

I suspect this latter behavior is related to the strange names appearing in the Setting->Remove Progam list.

FWIW - I am using the Win Mo 6.5 upgrade for the HTC TP2 that was released yesterday.

Ed

eepyaich, Oct 3, 2014
  3. Nokia podcast app does not delete downloads correctly

I've re-installed it a few times.

The odd thing is that there are MANY audio files in the /Podcasts folder on my memory card. They do not show up in the directory list of the media player and they do not show up as loaded in the podcast app.

strange isnt it?

salimfadhley, Oct 3, 2014
  4. Petey7 Win User

Well, now I feel silly. I right-clicked the item, clicked "Open File Location" and it showed the shortcut file. I deleted it, signed out and back in, and its no longer listed there. Feel like an idiot for posting before figuring out I could do that.

Petey7, Oct 3, 2014
Thema:

1. Odd bug: strange entry in the list of installed apps - Similar Threads - Odd bug strange

2. Strange email entries in contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange email entries in contacts: I'm having strange email entries in many of my contacts. Here is an example: Other email [necid: fq+cmm0sh6tjgrnqbnj0smqaacihmvdgaaaaabcjq8jn59bdgqwavbdlc5shaa50e0klskfkq/mla3xjopeaaaaaaq4aaa50e0klskfkq/mla3xjopeaaaaahncaabe=] This is in my daughters entry. I cannot edit...
  3. strange entry in Aministrative Events log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange entry in Aministrative Events log: Was having trouble with W10 switching between desktop and tablet mode. Was so bad for a few days I could hardly use my computer. I looked through the windows logs to see if there were any unusual events. Found an item with a very unusual font that is difficult to read. I...
  4. Windows 10 odd fullscreen bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 odd fullscreen bug: An odd bug is happening to me on my main monitor. I currently have two monitors and whenever I open a tab that's already maximized, it has this wide white/transparent bar at the top that make it impossible to use some apps. I have a work around this, when I Press F11 to...
  5. Strange task scheduler entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange task scheduler entry: Hello, I have a entry in my task scheduler under Microsoft>Windows>rempl> "shell" Primary shell invocation for sediment pack trigger everyday. Can anyone tell me what is this and what it does? For the record, I already scanned my computer with Malwarebytes anti-malware, found...
  6. Start Menu Broken Apps List entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Broken Apps List entry: So I recently tried to uninstall the pre-installed version of Microsoft Office from my computer, and install Office 365 from my educational institution in its place. To my knowledge I did so successfully, with a small exception. I managed to remove most of the original...
  7. Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange bug with 'collapseable' folders: Hello everyone, I've encountered a visual glitch in Windows 10 when collapsing certain folders or even alt tabbing into a game, it does it for brief second. I rolled back my a few versions, used DDU, reinstalled it completely, tried different versions... Even reinstalling...
  8. Strange Entry in Sigverif

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Entry in Sigverif: So I have an Asus Hero VIII board, Win10 and my current Realtek audio driver is 6.0.1.8040. I found out at the ROG site that when installing these driver that a file called atkex_cmd.exe gets deposited in the Realtek folder in the HDA area. this file causes a system entry of...
  9. Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button - All Apps: Strange Group Entry: Nov. 25, 2015 Hello all O/S: WIN 10 PRO Build 10586 See attachment. When I select the 'All Apps' button, There's a group called 'Other' [which I didn't create] with 5 entries which I don't know what they are. I tried deleting each entry by right mouse button...
  10. Strange Log Entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Log Entry: Has anyone ever seen an entry to admin log file like this: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Date and time: 1/11/2183 - 10:46:25 pm. How would someone even go about fixing this from reappearing since this is the third...