Windows 10: Odd crashing

Discus and support Odd crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a while of usage, all apps on my PC stop responding one by one. Ending the task and ctrl+alt+delete don't work when this occurs, and interacting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pokeawesome, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Odd crashing

After a while of usage, all apps on my PC stop responding one by one. Ending the task and ctrl+alt+delete don't work when this occurs, and interacting with other apps seems to cause them to freeze. For instance, I was playing a game while talking with my friends in a voice chat and the voice chat software stopped working. I used the windows key to tab out of my game and tried to restart it, but ending the task didn't work so I kept playing. My game then crashed after a while so I tapped the windows key again, but this time it didn't work. I then wanted to open task manager by hitting ctrl+alt+delete but, of course, that didn't work anymore. Usually by then everything stops working except my mouse where I then give up and shut the pc down. This also happened while I tried to reset my computer in an attempt to fix it, and it froze many times either while resetting or reinstalling windows. I would know it froze and wasn't just being slow when I pressed a key and the loading animation stopped as a result. I'm not sure this is a windows issue but I'm really not sure who to ask about this. Hope my description is detailed enough, thanks!

:)

Pokeawesome, Jul 9, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 9, 2019
  3. MoonPig Win User
    Odd Crash from Games

Hey,

A mate of mine seems to be getting some odd crashes. The computer boots to Windows fine and stable, but then abit into playing games, it crashes to a black screen with looped sound.

The CPU is at stock, and the cooling is really good.

Spec:
    E7200
    P5K Premium Black Pearl
    4 x 1GB Kingston
    Samsung 500GB Green
    XFX 9800GTX

I'm going to be out, so i can't reply, but he'll be reading this topic, so can you just post suggestions.

Thanks

MoonPig, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Odd crashing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Odd crashing

1. Odd crashing - Similar Threads - Odd crashing

2. Odd behavior for desktop taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd behavior for desktop taskbar buttons: I think I posted about this before with no solution, but I discovered another element that I hope will be familiar to someone or lead to an answer. This only affects desktop taskbar buttons to file explorer folders, not buttons to programs or browsers. I will click on a...
  3. WINDOWS 10 - Odd Folder on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WINDOWS 10 - Odd Folder on my Laptop: Hi - In File Explorer (Windows 10) on my laptop there is a folder called: DrFoneForAndroid. Is it supposed to be on my laptop? There are 754 files in this folder with file names as follows: local00000001 next file local00000002 and so on. I have no idea what they are. The...
  4. Odd and confusing External USB 3.0 HUB behavior.. Only 1 port works for only ONE specific...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd and confusing External USB 3.0 HUB behavior.. Only 1 port works for only ONE specific...: 2 days ago I opened up my laptop to put new cooling paste on the CPU and GPU, it went somewhat ok, had to redo the opening part once because it didn't function properly. Now it works fine, but something have happened with my Externally powered 7port USB 3.0 hub. I used to...
  5. KB4503286 causing odd problems with Lenovo Yoga connected to CalDigit Dock - sleep or power...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4503286 causing odd problems with Lenovo Yoga connected to CalDigit Dock - sleep or power...: I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 connected via thunderbolt to a CalDigit dock. Normally, I start the PC with lid open in order to start "Thunderbolt* Software". I typically have to start the program, then right click in the system tray and "Manage approved devices" in order for the...
  6. Odd Windows 10 Technical Problems (Long boot times, Steam not launching sometimes, blank...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd Windows 10 Technical Problems (Long boot times, Steam not launching sometimes, blank...: Hey y'all, So after talking with MS support on the phone they made it clear I'd have to pay money to actually get this thing fully solved so I'm asking to see what y'all can do for me. Hopefully I can avoid such an outcome :D I have a Windows 10 PC that I've rebuilt a few...
  7. getting odd crashes Trouble shooter says CPU cores have errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    getting odd crashes Trouble shooter says CPU cores have errors: I have been getting slowdowns and crashes since upgrading to a new Gigabyte motherboard and a Ryzen 2700x I also got new Ram and I suspected that. I tried windows mem diagnostic and it reboots to a blank screen so that's no good. I ran the windows Hardware troubleshooter and...
  8. Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error: Can someone tell what the powershell errors means? when i put this commend ((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode i get...
  9. Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Once a day PC reboot, no dumps or log. also odd crash just now: Hey, Since awhile I fixed most my pc issues, it was stable except that my GPU driver crashed once after booting PC, restored itself and that was it. I could live with that. Now since a week or two my pc will always reboot after boot. Not instantly, but after 10 minutes...
  10. Odd error message "windows find manager has crashed"

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd error message "windows find manager has crashed": For the last 2 days I've been repeatedly getting the error box with wings saying, "windows find manager has crashed" no solution available. Yes, it says "find" manager. I've been looking everywhere for that error message online but not even 1 result. Does anyone know what...