Windows 10: Odd entry in Programs list

Discus and support Odd entry in Programs list in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just got the Oct 2020 update installed on WIn10 Home. Have an unusual reg key-looking entry in programs list: [ATTACH] Clicking on details shows:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HomerJ99, Dec 8, 2020.

1. HomerJ99 Win User

Odd entry in Programs list

Just got the Oct 2020 update installed on WIn10 Home. Have an unusual reg key-looking entry in programs list:

Odd entry in Programs list 32bf5279-e760-4574-b22b-f784da5b59b6?upload=true.jpg

Clicking on details shows:

Odd entry in Programs list 318ead3e-94e2-462f-920d-b83cd57c3324?upload=true.jpg

Never seen this type of entry in Programs before. Any idea what it might be? Cannot uninstall via Windows settings/apps uninstall button grayed out but could remove with IOBit Uninstaller.

:)

HomerJ99, Dec 8, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Petey7 Win User
    Odd bug: strange entry in the list of installed apps

I noticed earlier today a strange entry in my list of installed apps/programs in the state menu. All it says is TrayItem followed by a list of characters. You can see it in the image below. I am not sure why its there, but I do know when it appeared. It showed up after I ran into an issue with the system clock. I didn't notice til this morning that it thought the time zone was Pacific Time. After changing it to eastern and putting it on the right hour, I thought everything was fixed until later I realized it was actually ahead by 12 hours, so I had to change the time to pm from am, and the date back an hour. The action center then kept telling me I had to login again but wasn't giving me an option to do so. Restarting didn't help, and I eventually found a solution online which required switching to a local account and back to back to my Microsoft account. After doing this, the TrayItem appeared but the error went away, and I haven't had any other issues since. I just find the entry being there annoying and want to know if anyone knows how to get rid of it. I've tried opening it, and uninstalling it, but neither of those actually did anything. Is there maybe a registry key that needs to be messed with?

Odd entry in Programs list [​IMG]

Petey7, Dec 8, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Odd entry in Programs list - Similar Threads - Odd entry Programs

2. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  3. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing a stuck program entry from program list: If a program has been kind of removed but is stuck on the program list, are there any better ways to remove or is it only system restore which takes forever?...
  4. Removing a stuck program entry from program list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Program closing oddly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program closing oddly: [ATTACH] For some reason programs like paint and feedback for example don't fully close when I close the app they run for a short time than close and Im unsure if its from using a restore point had something to do with this, or updating nivida graphic card. Is this a bug...
  6. Odd Wifi network list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Wifi network list: Hello, any help appreciated! I have several wifi networks that show up when I click the wifi icon in the lower right of my screen, but do not show up when I go to the manage networks under settings. I want to forget these, as my laptop keeps trying to connect even though I...
  7. Remove "Other Options" entry from "Open With" program list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove "Other Options" entry from "Open With" program list: Hi at all! Does someone know how to remove this entry? [img] Thanks in advance! 123520
  8. Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list: Lately I've started having the following issue: When I click "Uninstall" in the "Uninstall or change program" utility in the control panel, it only removes the entry instantly, but nothing happens, and the program remains on the PC What is it? Thanks 80064
  9. Programs list

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs list: Hello all can anyone tell me where i can find a list of programs so i can start them Thanks 16315
  10. Odd bug: strange entry in the list of installed apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd bug: strange entry in the list of installed apps: I noticed earlier today a strange entry in my list of installed apps/programs in the state menu. All it says is TrayItem followed by a list of characters. You can see it in the image below. I am not sure why its there, but I do know when it appeared. It showed up after I ran...