Windows 10: Odd Eudora 7.1.0.9 problem

Discus and support Odd Eudora 7.1.0.9 problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Frequently when downloading mail, Eudora opens a blank window/folder with the Microsoft symbol in its "title." Interestingly, this only happens on one... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by FrFrog, Feb 24, 2017.

1. FrFrog Win User

Odd Eudora 7.1.0.9 problem

Frequently when downloading mail, Eudora opens a blank window/folder with the Microsoft symbol in its "title." Interestingly, this only happens on one machine and not on two others, but I have had it happen occasionally on another old XP machine.

I had thought it was a problem with a broken filter creating a ghost folder but the filters look good. All Eudora installs are identical in configuration and filters.

It's not a major issue, just an annoyance.*Tongue

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John S.

:)

FrFrog, Feb 24, 2017

2. Eudora Error Message

Linda:

Your response and experience is very heartening, especially if you updated Windows 10 after December 2017 or January 2018.

Perhaps I should re-install Eudor 7.1.0.9 again in Windows 10 for another try.

On installation in Windows 10, did you place the program files in a C: root directory, and the Eudora mailboxes and other folders in a separate folder in your computer's Documents area?

Len

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

LIONELTRAUBMAN, Feb 24, 2017
  3. RoyLewis1 Win User
    Eudora Error Message

I tried one suggestion

> Use Windows Explorer to set Eudora to: Run as Administrator

which did nothing.

Then I edited the shortcut that calls Eudora to Run as Administrator, and that does work,

RoyLewis1, Feb 24, 2017
  4. yimitz Win User

Not sure what causes it, but you're not alone. I've seen this bug since version 6 shipped, and on three OSs (XP, 7 and now 10). It happens to me about 1 in 10 times when I check for mail.

yimitz, Feb 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Odd Eudora 7.1.0.9 problem - Similar Threads - Odd Eudora problem

2. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  3. Odd problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd problem with shortcut: Hi PC Spec as per Computer 1 (desktop) I have created a shortcut to an elevated command prompt which I wish to pin to the start menu. I can pin the shortcut to the start menu but here's the problem. When I double-click on the desktop shortcut (not yet deleted this), it...
  4. Eudora

in Browsers and Email
    Eudora: Here's a question that has to do with the times. A friend wants to know if they can install Eudora 6.1.2 over Eudora 7.1 without losing any email. It seems to be the only way (maybe) of getting rid of the massive headers when forwarding email. They've tried everything they...
  5. How to make Eudora 7 my default email app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make Eudora 7 my default email app: Hi, I 'm using Eudora 7 as a mail client and for well-founded reasons do not wish to change that. I often times need to open it from a web site when clicking on a link for which the underlying code is "mailto:<adresse@mail-service>" where <adresse@mail-service> is the...
  6. Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Working on updates at 0% for 9 hours: Hello people, I'm trying to update Windows 10 from 1809 to 1903. The downloading phase was quick, installation took well over 7 hours and now I'm at the restarting stage. The blue screen says working on updates 0% for 9hours. I was wondering whether these astronomical...
  7. Eudora

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eudora: I am trying to install Eudora on my laptop Windows 10 so I can transfer my email from my Windows 7 desktop but I am having difficulty with setting up. When I try to connect, the connection times out. I really love Eudora and want to remain with that email program....
  8. Eudora 7 fails to load in Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Eudora 7 fails to load in Win10: Just installed Win 10. Now Eudora 7 fails immediately with error message The directory specified in the command line Files doesn't exist or is not writable. I have no idea what this means or where to begin with this. This despite Win 10 crowing upon completion...
  9. connecting to Yahoo in Qualcomm Eudora 7 in window 10

in Windows 10 Support
    connecting to Yahoo in Qualcomm Eudora 7 in window 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded to EUDORA 7.1 and now I cannot connect to YAHOO mail. Is EUDORA on it's way out? Has anyone else been able to connect EUDORA to YAHOO in Windows 10? 32766
  10. Various Odd Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various Odd Problems.: For starters, I have a pretty badly organised desktop, so my screen is filled with icons. Every now and then, I'll see all of the icons re-render themselves (no idea why - nothing I've done). Here they flash white, then redraw themselves. However, after this, the normal...