Windows 10: Odd exclusions in Windows Defender

Discus and support Odd exclusions in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all. I just ran a quick scan as I frequently do and discovered a bunch of exclusions that I did not add with the exception of the one for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PloKoon, Jun 6, 2018.

1. PloKoon Win User

Odd exclusions in Windows Defender

Hi all. I just ran a quick scan as I frequently do and discovered a bunch of exclusions that I did not add with the exception of the one for Malwarebytes. Did Windows do this itself? Can these be safely removed?

Lastly since I mentioned it, is the Malwarebytes exclusion necessary?

:)

PloKoon, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Tommy6860 Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Thanks for the reply,

I already know how to do that, so I guess I should have included that. Doing that for each app would be a little bit of a hassle. Admittedly, I really do not use many apps unless they pique my interest. Anyhow, these same apps didn't incur the same warning
    from Windows Defender in Windows 8.1 when Pokki was installed by default. It just seems odd now it does this with Windows 10.

Tommy6860, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Odd exclusions in Windows Defender

1. Odd exclusions in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Odd exclusions Defender

2. Can't remove an exclusion window defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove an exclusion window defender: A file type name 'exe' unable to remove in the exclusion.I clicked the remove button multiple of times but it didn't work.And i think that a virus because when i'm playing game it keep getting the'Blue screen' when i join the game.It's very annoying uncomfortable...
  3. Can't remove an exclusion window defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove an exclusion window defender: A file type name 'exe' unable to remove in the exclusion.I clicked the remove button multiple of times but it didn't work.And i think that a virus because when i'm playing game it keep getting the'Blue screen' when i join the game.It's very annoying uncomfortable...
  4. Adding Exclusions of Drives to Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Exclusions of Drives to Windows Defender: I need to add some drive letters as exclusions in the settings of Windows Defender in order that the drives with those letters may not be scanned when they are later created internally on the hard disk or are connected externally to the computer. But when I try to add an...
  5. windows defender exclusions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender exclusions: My excluded list does not show up..so i cannot remove an added exclusion.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-exclusions/86936ada-950c-4a94-8bc3-28269b62a257
  6. There is no exclusion option in my Windows Defender

There is no exclusion option in my Windows Defender: I'm just gonna add this picture, that I think it says it all: [ATTACH] Why is it like this, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/there-is-no-exclusion-option-in-my-windows/8d59161d-1251-44fc-916f-5e428e1858a4
  7. Windows Defender behaving oddly...

Windows Defender behaving oddly...: Hi. Several manual attempts to run Defender in Windows 10 Pro on a Dell 7280 (RAM 16g and SSD at 65% capacity) resulted in only 15 files being scanned using both Quick and Full scan modes. Windows, Defender and all updates appear to be current. Defender was set for...
  8. Windows Defender ignoring exclusions

Windows Defender ignoring exclusions: I have exclusions set up on several folders I don't want Windows Defender to scan. It seems that Windows Defender is ignoring that setting and is scanning and quarantining files in those folders anyway. Is there a reason this is happening and is there a way to fix it?...
  9. Windows Defender ignoring exclusions

Windows Defender ignoring exclusions: I have exclusions set up on several folders I don't want Windows Defender to scan. It seems that Windows Defender is ignoring that setting and is scanning and quarantining files in those folders anyway. Is there a reason this is happening and is there a way to fix it?...
  10. Windows Defender not honoring my exclusions

Windows Defender not honoring my exclusions: OK so I have some terminal emulator software in which we dump a bunch of data to a .txt file for later analysis. Windows Defender (Windows 10) was scanning the files making that capture very slow. So I did the following: 1) Excluded the emulator software via process and...