Windows 10: Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID?

Discus and support Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, the highlighted string in my screenshot. Does it have a purpose? The game hasnt been on G in years. I moved it to I:\ which it was just on until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Apr 6, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID?

So, the highlighted string in my screenshot. Does it have a purpose? The game hasnt been on G in years. I moved it to I:\ which it was just on until about a month ago, then it was then moved to S:\ which will be its perma home for some years to come. (hard drive upgrades are fun)

Anyhow, upon launching, the MatchedExeFullPath updated from I: to S: just fine. The UtmItemID string is not only not present on most of the subkeys under gameconfigstore\children, but the ones that it is - all seem to point to an old drive location 2 locations old.

Is this able to be deleted or does it tie in somewhere else?

Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID? [​IMG]

:)

klepp0906, Apr 6, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

REGEDIT NAME OF NUMBERS GAMECONFIGSTORE CHILDREN PARENT ...

Hi Tairoruiz

That is not a file, it is a registry key and deleting registry keys is not advised, you can brick your Windows by editing the registry . . .

May I ask what are you trying to do on your PC that led you to trying to edit the child keys of gameconfigstore and perhaps we can help you to do that . . .

DaveM121, Apr 7, 2020
  3. RHale Win User
    Delete Registry String

I bought a program to edit the registry in Windows Mobile 6.1 on a Samsung Omnia.

I am trying to change the registry to have the phone store synced email to the storage card. I accidentally created too many string entries. They are easy to create, but how do you delete one?

RHale, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID?

ordering strings alphanumerically

You don't loop it, it does via .Sort(IComparer). In my example, it would like like...
    Code: List<string> list = new List<string>(); list.Add("2"); list.Add("1"); list.Add("0"); //sort it OffsetLengthPairComparer comparer = new OffsetLengthPairComparer(); list.Sort(comparer);[/quote] Obviously my comparer doesn't work for strings because it is for a custom type but, you get the idea.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID?

1. Odd gameconfigstore\children registry strings? UtmItemID? - Similar Threads - Odd gameconfigstorechildren registry

2. String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table: I'm trying to complete the installation of the BS-240 clinical chemistry analyzer that is to be connected to a Windows 10 computer. Whenever I run the 'setup.exe' file to start the installation, I see this error pop up immediately - String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not...
  3. String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not found in string table: I'm trying to complete the installation of the BS-240 clinical chemistry analyzer that is to be connected to a Windows 10 computer. Whenever I run the 'setup.exe' file to start the installation, I see this error pop up immediately - String OBJ_STATUS_DISKSPACE_SPACE was not...
  4. Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell: Hi,im trying to detect the current windows home location and write a new string value in the Registry for a specified location using a Power Shell Script. Scenario is as below1. i use Get-WinHomeLocation to get the result and result will be below GeoId HomeLocation -----...
  5. Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell: Hi,im trying to detect the current windows home location and write a new string value in the Registry for a specified location using a Power Shell Script. Scenario is as below1. i use Get-WinHomeLocation to get the result and result will be below GeoId HomeLocation -----...
  6. Get-WinHomeLocation and Write a registry string value to a specified location using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. a build string

a build string: How do you add a build string https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-build-string/b6729d1b-db97-4d91-b75d-ec5d1c943b59
  8. Context Menu Command Prompt and AppliesTo Registry String

Context Menu Command Prompt and AppliesTo Registry String: Please see the last three or four threads in: Add or Remove Command Prompt Open Here Context Menu in Windows 10 as they have pictures. I want to add Command Prompt to the right click menu and to show up on Folder Right-Clicks and Folder Backgrounds. Problem is, the registry...
  9. Windows Registry Strings and Keys…what do they mean?

Windows Registry Strings and Keys…what do they mean?: I want to add custom folders to Windows 10 Pro x64 Control Panel, This PC and Navigation Pane. I found several tutorials (tenforums and winaero) that offer pre-made registry scripts to add applets and folders to control panel and file explorer. However, I would like to know...
  10. Windows Registry Strings and Keys…what do they mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Registry Strings and Keys…what do they mean?: I want to add custom folders to Windows 10 Pro x64 Control Panel, This PC and Navigation Pane. I found several tutorials (tenforums and winaero) that offer pre-made registry scripts to add applets and folders to control panel and file explorer. However, I would like to know...