Windows 10: Odd hard drive behavior

Discus and support Odd hard drive behavior in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Two days ago I defraged my primary hard drive before I went to bed. When I woke up the next day my laptop was on a black screen so I held the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JRHNBR, Nov 12, 2015.

1. JRHNBR Win User

Odd hard drive behavior

Two days ago I defraged my primary hard drive before I went to bed. When I woke up the next day my laptop was on a black screen so I held the power button until it shut down. When I tried to boot it up I got a message saying no hard drive was found. After a while of searching online I decided to reinstall windows with a bootable USB device. I installed my second back up hard drive (has nothing but miscellaneous files and programs. Nothing windows related) to get a few important files onto it for when I reinstall windows. With the second hard drive installed the computer booted normally from the primary drive. I thought this was just a glitch of some sort and forgot about it.

Today I removed the second hard drive to use on another computer and when I tried booting my laptop it said there was no hard drive installed. So my laptop won't recognize any drive unless both hard drives are installed.

:)

JRHNBR, Nov 12, 2015
  2. miamicx4 Win User

N95 Odd Screen Behavior..

Hello Odd hard drive behavior :)

2 days ago, when I turned the N95 V20 on, the system booted as usual, a little while later the screen lights went off, which is normal since there was no activity.

I put the phone on my bed, and like 5 seconds later the screen lights (only the screen lights, not the keys)came on by itself, like I pressed on button or something.

Like 5 seconds after the lights come on, a SMS message appeared on screen.

Usually, when there is a new SMS message, the screen light comes on and immediately after the screen lights come on, the message appears on screen with the corresponding sound.

But in this case, there were 5 seconds or so delay...

Should I worry about this issue?

??

Thank you.

John

miamicx4, Nov 12, 2015
  3. N95 Odd Screen Behavior..

i dont think u should worry..in the worst case its a software problem..wich is not that hard to repair..

crematorium, Nov 12, 2015
  4. JRHNBR Win User

Odd hard drive behavior

Ok so I looked at both the hard drives in disk management and the second hard drive has a 200 MB partition called "EFI System Partition".

JRHNBR, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

Odd hard drive behavior

1. Odd hard drive behavior - Similar Threads - Odd hard drive

2. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  3. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  4. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu: As of a few days ago one, and only one, of the icons pinned on my start menu stopped responding to mouse clicks, right or left. It sits there not responding. In addition when I scroll my start menu up or down that particular icon stays in the same physical location on the...
  6. Odd behavior of Windows 10 recently...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd behavior of Windows 10 recently...: Recently my Windows 10 Pro has started placing an icon in the system tray area on startup. Not sure if this just started after recent updates but it has never happened before. It is very annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? Thanks....
  7. Odd Hard Drive Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Hard Drive Problem: I'm trying to fix a 9 year old Sony SVR-HDT500 video recorder which contains a 500 GB hard drive optmised for video recording. The fault symptoms are slow loading of menus and jittery playback. I removed the hard drive and checked it connected to a PC. There are no obvious...
  8. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...
  9. Odd internet behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...
  10. Odd hard drive behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd hard drive behavior: I have one month old 1tb hybrid hard drive and yesterday I was experiencing issues with it. It started to run slower than usual. Games wouldn't load as quickly and when I first booted into windows the desktop icons appeared as blank pieces of paper. Then when I opened...