Windows 10: Odd Hard Drive Problem

Discus and support Odd Hard Drive Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to fix a 9 year old Sony SVR-HDT500 video recorder which contains a 500 GB hard drive optmised for video recording. The fault symptoms are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Odd Hard Drive Problem

I'm trying to fix a 9 year old Sony SVR-HDT500 video recorder which contains a 500 GB hard drive optmised for video recording.

The fault symptoms are slow loading of menus and jittery playback. I removed the hard drive and checked it connected to a PC. There are no obvious errors but the transfer rate is very slow which would explain the fault symptoms. I'm assuming the disk is beyond repair unless someone has a bright idea.

I would normally install a new drive but Sony have cunningly linked the serial number of the hard drive to the serial number of the mainboard requiring bespoke Sony software I don't have to register the drive before it can be used!

:)

Steve C, Jul 27, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 27, 2020
  3. little cat, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Odd Hard Drive Problem

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Odd Hard Drive Problem

1. Odd Hard Drive Problem - Similar Threads - Odd Hard Drive

2. hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive problem: after formatting my pc when i shuting down my pc and turn on it say not bootable device found in every shutdown must to installing windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-problem/40b5440e-7efa-4a87-a112-466985b71eab
  3. hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive problem: after formatting my pc when i shuting down my pc and turn on it say not bootable device found in every shutdown must to installing windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-problem/40b5440e-7efa-4a87-a112-466985b71eab
  4. Problem with Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Hard Drive: There is some problem with my hard drive I am not able to copy files even less than an MB, sometimes folder takes time to load and in the meantime, file explorer doesn't respond. Sometimes opening some folder a popup occurs saying location unavailable and after refreshing,...
  5. Hard drive problems?

Hard drive problems?: Hello my lenovo loptop ideapad 100-15ISK is suddenly down and im not sure but when windows didn’t load properly and then from then on it had boot problems after that i tried searhing for solutions through automatic repair advanced options cmd method and i type C: or the...
  6. hard drive problem

hard drive problem: hello, since about a month ago i have been getting hard drive problems, i first got a bsod saying 'inaccessible boot device', after a bit of research i found that my hard drive had totally deleted windows, all of my files and all my games. i had no input on this happening....
  7. Hard Drive Problem

Hard Drive Problem: I've been using Commodo Icedragon Browser for several months with no problem. Last night, I got a pop-up that said it was updated with a notice if I wanted to install Commodo Cloud A/V. I declined and closed the pop-up. Next thing, my computer is slow, stutters, and freezing....
  8. Odd hard drive behavior

Odd hard drive behavior: Two days ago I defraged my primary hard drive before I went to bed. When I woke up the next day my laptop was on a black screen so I held the power button until it shut down. When I tried to boot it up I got a message saying no hard drive was found. After a while of searching...
  9. Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC'

Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC': [img] [img] See Pictures, 'Local Disk E' appears twice at the side, not an issue, but I don't know why any ideas? 40043
  10. Odd hard drive behavior

Odd hard drive behavior: I have one month old 1tb hybrid hard drive and yesterday I was experiencing issues with it. It started to run slower than usual. Games wouldn't load as quickly and when I first booted into windows the desktop icons appeared as blank pieces of paper. Then when I opened...