Windows 10: Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard...

Discus and support Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having some annoying issues ever since I rebuilt my PC and switched to AMD back in July. When I am doing anything slightly demanding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Popperoni, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Popperoni Win User

Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard...

Hello, I have been having some annoying issues ever since I rebuilt my PC and switched to AMD back in July. When I am doing anything slightly demanding on my computer, usually chatting in discord or playing a game, sometimes, randomly, maybe once every hour or 4 hours I will get a stutter. Video and audio, along with the RGB lighting in my case will get choppy for a few seconds and then return to normal. I've been able to deal with it because it hasn't really affected my use of my computer, albeit annoying. But now, tonight and yesterday, I have been playing the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

:)

Popperoni, Sep 25, 2022

2. Video and audio stuttering

I recently bought a brand new pc -

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 Tray
    Corsair DDR 4 64G (32Gx2) 3200 CL16 Vengeance LPX CMK64GX4M2E3200C16
    Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler Special Edition for AM4
    Asus PRIME X570-PRO
    A-DATA SSD 2TB XPG Spectrix S40G RGB M.2 2280
    Corsair iCUE 465X RGB Mid-Tower Smart Case Black

Seagate HDD 4.0TB 256MB SATA3 BarraCuda

Gigabyte RTX 2080TI GAMING OC 11GB

Corsair RM750 750W PSU 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Edifier 2.0 Luna Eclipse 74W Black Bluetooth

Plus I run a duel monitor setup-

microstep MSI MAG272CQR (Brand new)

DELL P2317H (Old)

From the very moment I fired up the PC I had experienced stuttering in both video and audio, the video stuttering was pretty constant and the audio stuttering happened at random but frequently. Just by draggin a tab across the screen was enough to see the
    stutters, and as for the audio, I could use the "test" function to replicate the audio stutters. This problem seem to come and go at random, and restarting the pc seems to fix it for a while, but it always comes back. I tried re-installing my gpu driver and
    audio driver, even reseting my pc. No cigar so far. Please someone help, I payed an arm and a leg for this rig and I can't even watch videos on it without the experience being completely ruined by these stutters

Jonathan Gov, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Video and audio stuttering

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you in resolving your stuttering issue with Video and Audio. I would suggest you follow the below fixes one by one to resolve the issue.

Fix #1:

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type CMD

Step 2:

Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

Step 3:

Type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic and press enter.

Step 4:

Restart PC and Verify

Fix #2:

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Troubleshoot

Step 2:

Click on Troubleshoot

Step 3:

Then select Video Playback and click Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart PC

Fix #3:

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Troubleshoot

Step 2:

Click on Troubleshoot

Step 3:

Then select Audio Playback and click Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart PC

Let me know the status after performing the above and if in case the issue still persists then will provide you with further steps to resolve this issue.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 25, 2022
  4. BeBlunt Win User

Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard...

No more video thumbnails; RGB split glitched, automatically scrolling video; screen blackouts; cursor and text choppy, RGB split and illegible

• Videos used to be RGB split glitched on ACG Player
    The problem started probably when I installed ACG Player on my Windows 11 laptop. I suddenly notice a huge screen blackout one day, spanning a couple of seconds, following which, the resultant video output on ACG Player came to be RGB split glitched. Only way to fix this would be a restart, which worked only till the next blackout.

• A video on MS Teams once started scrolling automatically when played alongside ACG Player
    Once while using the video player on MS Teams simultaneously with ACG player, the screen went completely dark, and when it reopened after some stuttering, I found the video on MS teams scrolling right-to-left like a banner whilst playing. ACG Player kept running very coolly however.

• Cursor and certain texts glitchy
    The cursor often goes choppy, kind of RGB split, kind of pixelated and broken after such blackouts. Texts like "shutting down" get choppy and broken too and become impossible to read. A restart becomes necessary.

• Screen blackouts at random points in time whilst playing videos on VLC
    Following these incidences, I had to uninstall ACG Player. I had to use the workaround of VLC. Even VLC keeps giving black screens intermittently. The glitchy cursor and text issue also crops up at times, although less frequently. However, the RGB split issue has subsided.

• No thumbnails for videos created after a certain date
    The most painful alteration I cannot seem to reverse through this peril is that videos created on my laptop after a certain date don't show thumbnails. I know that this is a problem with specific videos, and after some certain date, because videos created or imported or copied from before still show perfect thumbnails.

BeBlunt, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard... - Similar Threads - Odd intermittent stuttering

2. Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard...: Hello, I have been having some annoying issues ever since I rebuilt my PC and switched to AMD back in July. When I am doing anything slightly demanding on my computer, usually chatting in discord or playing a game, sometimes, randomly, maybe once every hour or 4 hours I will...
  3. Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd, intermittent stuttering audio/video/rgb lighting that I cannot pinpoint. Also, hard...: Hello, I have been having some annoying issues ever since I rebuilt my PC and switched to AMD back in July. When I am doing anything slightly demanding on my computer, usually chatting in discord or playing a game, sometimes, randomly, maybe once every hour or 4 hours I will...
  4. Video and audio stuttering

Video and audio stuttering: I recently bought a brand new pc - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 Tray Corsair DDR 4 64G 32Gx2 3200 CL16 Vengeance LPX CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler Special Edition for AM4 Asus PRIME X570-PRO A-DATA SSD 2TB XPG Spectrix S40G RGB M.2 2280 Corsair iCUE 465X RGB...
  5. Odd intermittent freezing

Odd intermittent freezing: Hi! About a month ago I started suffering from BSODs (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION) whilst using Prepar3d v5 (Flight Simulator). These occurred within 2-30 minutes of starting a flight and seemed to only affect one particular aircraft....
  6. Reoccurring but intermittent audio and video playback stuttering, then blue screen and boot...

Reoccurring but intermittent audio and video playback stuttering, then blue screen and boot...: I have never posted here before so please forgive me if I am unfamiliar with the proper etiquette. I have tried to give a brief overview of steps I have taken in case I have done anything daft and also my uneducated guess as to what might be the problem. An even briefer...
  7. Video Stutter/Audio Buzz

Video Stutter/Audio Buzz: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  8. Win10 Audio and video stutter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Audio and video stutter: Hi, I have tried everything and have not found a solution. About a week ago I played around with the Windows audio enhancements while listening to youtube videos - no issues from that. Then, with my HDD running very slowly (has been for a while), I installed Acronis True...
  9. RGB case lighting & RGB strip not in sync?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RGB case lighting & RGB strip not in sync?: Bought a prefab custom PC that came with case lights and an RGB strip on the bottom of the case, along with a remote. Both sets of lights aren't in sync when I strobe, flash, etc. Other times, I need to hit the power-on button on the remote twice just to get one or the other...
  10. Intermittent video stuttering across multiple platforms.

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent video stuttering across multiple platforms.: Hi. After i upgraded to win10 i've encountered a problem i can't seem to figure out what is causing it. This happens on youtube in firefox, on twitch in opera and in vlc playing local files (all apps are latest version) But it's not a constant issue, it's intermittent. So...