Windows 10: Odd issue developed - boot option screen

Discus and support Odd issue developed - boot option screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any idea why on the odd occasion when I start my notebook the menu appears to select the boot option, the last being to start windows? I just go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stuarttunstall, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Odd issue developed - boot option screen

Any idea why on the odd occasion when I start my notebook the menu appears to select the boot option, the last being to start windows? I just go to this and hit enter and all is OK

It has done it twice now in the last couple of weeks..

Stuart

:)

stuarttunstall, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Owen N Win User

reload windows 10 - ongoing problems.

I am trying to boot into the reloader disk to reload windows 10 from scratch,

rather than just reset it, or update it.

There are some ongoing degradation problems I am trying to solve,

plus an odd clock issue.

The chkdsk comes out OK.

As do the tests previously mentioned in my other posts on previous

update efforts.

see topics:

"Time service faults in windows 10"

"solving problems which develop odd twists?"

I upgraded to the latest BIOS. that may help a little??

It has had these problems ever since I got it, in windows 7

The trick is to get the ASUS to boot into the windows loader disk.

I suspect the asus notebook can only boot off usb or disk if set to uefi mode,

and the Microsoft software has a "hernia" if I do that.

The boot disk looks like it is supposed to boot from an efi file, too.

Owen N, Nov 11, 2016
  3. ParisGr. Win User
    Glance Screen stop showing notifications - Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview

I'm experiencing this odd problem. Since I installed Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview on my phone the glance screen has stopped showing me notifications. I go to the Settings -> Glance Screen but the option of showing notification does not exist anymore!
    The only options I get is to set it as "Peek" etc., night color and time.

I've noticed that only on my phone. I'm using a Nokia Lumia 820. My friend's Lumia 925 and key sister's Lumia 720 work perfectly. Before the update my phone had the option of showing notifications on Glance Screen. I tried to update Glance Screen, but nothing
    changed.

Any ideas? Is this a bug affecting only Lumia 820?

ParisGr., Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

Odd issue developed - boot option screen

1. Odd issue developed - boot option screen - Similar Threads - Odd issue developed

2. an odd situation has developed with windows defender updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    an odd situation has developed with windows defender updates: Hi! When I first got this computer, Windows Defender Updates were automatically installed. Then, in recent months, they weren't. When I realized this, I clicked Check For Updates in Windows Defender, but it just kept checking and never stopped, but no updates were...
  3. Boot Issues Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Issues Screen Flicker: Hi, I updated the other day to build 17134.228 and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes off and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes. Anyone else see this occurrence in this or other instances or have any ideas?...
  4. Odd KB4338819 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Odd KB4338819 issue: Hello, I tried to install the update KB4338819, but on the first time, it was stuck on 68% installation, so I physically reset PC, made a chkdsk, retried the update, and all went fine. But now, in the update chronology it's showed as (KB4338819) (2). Why there is the number...
  5. Odd Windows Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Windows Sound Issue: I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound device and made sure I got the latest drivers from HP but the sound is still very low. I...
  6. Antivirus issue, odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus issue, odd.: My NOD32 ran out, and i renewed through an online vendor. Windows 10 is asking me to renew every reset, very annoying. Any ideas? My antivirus software is definitely active. 16824
  7. Odd login issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login issue: I have three user accounts on my machine including myself, its a family computer. We all use PIN's to sign in. Strangely, whenever the computer is rebooted, it automatically signs into my account and desktop without requiring the PIN or password, regardless of who was...
  8. Odd BSOD error issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd BSOD error issue: My pc will freeze and require a hard reset if I play Medal of Honor Allied Assault. So far it has not frozen on any other games yet but I have only played a few, for example it will not have any issues running crysis on max settings. It will often freeze and repeat a audio...
  9. Odd Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Network issue: 1 x Desktop and 2 x laptops, 64 bit. Anniversary update done on all 3 machines. I now cannot access one of the laptops - network path not available , error code 0x80070035. Laptop in question has full internet access AND can access both desktop and other laptop via the...
  10. Problem with booting screen with options

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting screen with options: Set startup with different boot options. this works fine and waits the set 3 seconds before launching the default boot option....but if I accidentally move the mouse then it never boots just sits there with this screen, don't suppose much can be done about this...as it's...