Windows 10: Odd issue developed - boot option screen

Discus and support Odd issue developed - boot option screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any idea why on the odd occasion when I start my notebook the menu appears to select the boot option, the last being to start windows? I just go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stuarttunstall, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Odd issue developed - boot option screen

Any idea why on the odd occasion when I start my notebook the menu appears to select the boot option, the last being to start windows? I just go to this and hit enter and all is OK

It has done it twice now in the last couple of weeks..

Stuart

:)

stuarttunstall, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Owen N Win User

reload windows 10 - ongoing problems.

I am trying to boot into the reloader disk to reload windows 10 from scratch,

rather than just reset it, or update it.

There are some ongoing degradation problems I am trying to solve,

plus an odd clock issue.

The chkdsk comes out OK.

As do the tests previously mentioned in my other posts on previous

update efforts.

see topics:

"Time service faults in windows 10"

"solving problems which develop odd twists?"

I upgraded to the latest BIOS. that may help a little??

It has had these problems ever since I got it, in windows 7

The trick is to get the ASUS to boot into the windows loader disk.

I suspect the asus notebook can only boot off usb or disk if set to uefi mode,

and the Microsoft software has a "hernia" if I do that.

The boot disk looks like it is supposed to boot from an efi file, too.

Owen N, Nov 11, 2016
  3. ParisGr. Win User
    Glance Screen stop showing notifications - Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview

I'm experiencing this odd problem. Since I installed Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview on my phone the glance screen has stopped showing me notifications. I go to the Settings -> Glance Screen but the option of showing notification does not exist anymore!
    The only options I get is to set it as "Peek" etc., night color and time.

I've noticed that only on my phone. I'm using a Nokia Lumia 820. My friend's Lumia 925 and key sister's Lumia 720 work perfectly. Before the update my phone had the option of showing notifications on Glance Screen. I tried to update Glance Screen, but nothing
    changed.

Any ideas? Is this a bug affecting only Lumia 820?

ParisGr., Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

Odd issue developed - boot option screen

1. Odd issue developed - boot option screen - Similar Threads - Odd issue developed

2. Odd printing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd printing issue: I enjoy crossword puzzles. What I have been able to do via the app the e-paper provides is clip the puzzles, save them to downloads. I then select the puzzle, click the printer icon, what has been coming up on the screen is an oversized document. I can the click "fit to page"...
  3. How to boot into windows without this odd screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot into windows without this odd screen: Every time I go to turn my PC on it brings me to a page called “new cpu installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTMP/PSP NV structure changed.” Every time this comes up I restart my computer I spam N and it boots right into windows, I just want it to boot right into windows how...
  4. How to boot into windows without this odd screen

How to boot into windows without this odd screen: Every time I go to turn my PC on it brings me to a page called “new cpu installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTMP/PSP NV structure changed.” Every time this comes up I restart my computer I spam N and it boots right into windows, I just want it to boot right into windows how...
  5. Odd Displaying Issues

Odd Displaying Issues: I have a MSI GS66 Stealth 11uh, everything works fine, screen works fine and everything. But every time I plug in an HDMI and hook up a secondary monitor into it for some weird reason it will only display on the 2nd monitor. I then will go to settings, and it says its set to,...
  6. Odd controller issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd controller issue: Every time I connect my dualshock4 controller to my pc the settings, search bar, and home thing scroll up uncontrollably. For instance if I try to scroll through microsoft store apps it scrolls back up to the top so fast I can't even tell that I'm not scrolling down. Anybody...
  7. An odd issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An odd issue: On a friends computer application files are getting the .exe file extension stripped off the name. Of course then they won't launch. Renaming the file and adding the .exe back onto the filename solves the issue temporarily but it happens again. What's even weirder is I can...
  8. Odd occasional boot issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd occasional boot issue: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1909 Build: 18363.476 RAM: 16GB Processor: Intel i7-4790K @4.00GHz Boot disk: Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Every so often when my PC boots, it runs like a complete dog. I mean it lags like made on simply moving the mouse. Opening a browser can take an age....
  9. an odd situation has developed with windows defender updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    an odd situation has developed with windows defender updates: Hi! When I first got this computer, Windows Defender Updates were automatically installed. Then, in recent months, they weren't. When I realized this, I clicked Check For Updates in Windows Defender, but it just kept checking and never stopped, but no updates were...
  10. Odd Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Network issue: 1 x Desktop and 2 x laptops, 64 bit. Anniversary update done on all 3 machines. I now cannot access one of the laptops - network path not available , error code 0x80070035. Laptop in question has full internet access AND can access both desktop and other laptop via the...