Windows 10: Odd issue: Keys except for mouse not working, frozen restart screen

Discus and support Odd issue: Keys except for mouse not working, frozen restart screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was playing a game up until my character on it got stuck. I decided to open up task manager when I realized Ctrl+alt+delete wouldn't work. What the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ohewf, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Ohewf Win User

Odd issue: Keys except for mouse not working, frozen restart screen

I was playing a game up until my character on it got stuck. I decided to open up task manager when I realized Ctrl+alt+delete wouldn't work. What the heck? I clicked restart cause the mouse was the only thing working properly and the restart process WAS taking forever up until it froze. It's currently stuck and I'm assuming I have to wait until my computer runs out of battery. The power button was refusing to work, and the computer wouldn't sleep even after I closed the top of it. I'm worried that my computer will experience this problem again, any help?

:)

Ohewf, Jun 14, 2017
  2. Rodem_887 Win User

System lockup at start screen

After the latest update from windows, I restarted my computer and it frozen at the startup screen. The keyboard, mouse, and Touch Screen did not work. I tried to restart in the safe mode but it just started as before. I disconnected everything except
    the keyboard and mouse. I disconnected the power cable for 1 minute, with the sane results. The only thing that is on the startup page is the network button, which has no response, because the touch screen and mouse will not work. I have tried everyone's
    suggestions with no success. Can you please help?

Rodem_887, Jun 14, 2017
  3. Rodem_887 Win User
    System lockup at start screem

After the latest update from windows, I restarted my computer and it frozen at the startup screen. The keyboard, mouse, and Touch Screen did not work. I tried to restart in the safe mode but it just started as before. I disconnected everything except
    the keyboard and mouse. I disconnected the power cable for 1 minute, with the sane results. The only thing that is on the startup page is the network button, which has no response, because the touch screen and mouse will not work. I have tried everyone's
    suggestions with no success. Can you please help?

Rodem_887, Jun 14, 2017
  4. Ohewf Win User

My computer is still stuck on the restart screen

Ohewf, Jun 14, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Hold the power button in for 15 seconds or so and it will shut down.

spunk, Jun 14, 2017
  6. Ohewf Win User
    I already explained that holding down the power button didn't work.

The issue happened once again.

I am not sure if this is a processor issue or something is breaking my computer

Ohewf, Jun 19, 2017
  7. Ohewf Win User
    Alright my computer ran out of battery so it's off.

What are some solutions to help prevent this again? Cause my computer took over an hour to run out of battery, and I don't want to have to deal with this again.

Ohewf, Jun 19, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

On your next boot if you get to lock screen/wallpaper then desktop perform these steps:

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread
    5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)
    6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)
    7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

zbook, Jun 20, 2017
  9. Ohewf Win User
    I think I found out about the issue. I believe it's my computer overheating since this only has happened twice.

I checked symptoms of overheating, and I believe that's what the issue is since it matched what my computer was doing. I'm planning on getting a cooling pad and probably gonna dust the fans and such. But thanks for the help

Ohewf, Jun 20, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
  11. Ohewf Win User
    Ohewf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd issue: Keys except for mouse not working, frozen restart screen - Similar Threads - Odd issue Keys

2. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop frozen in restart screen: I was unable to write anything so I tryed to restart the laptop but it froze during the restarting process. The power button doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen-in-restart-screen/12146061-62cb-43c6-acc7-15ea6c981dc6
  3. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop frozen in restart screen: I was unable to write anything so I tryed to restart the laptop but it froze during the restarting process. The power button doesn't do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-frozen-in-restart-screen/12146061-62cb-43c6-acc7-15ea6c981dc6
  4. Laptop frozen in restart screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  6. Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen, Keyboard and Mouse Frozen: This is happening in both of my PCs and i don't know what else to do. I'm using my PC normaly and for some reason the screen freezes, the keyboard doesn't work (i try to remove and connect the USB but it doesn't turn on the lights) and the cursor) mouse moves normal for a...
  7. Frozen screen and keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen screen and keeps restarting: My computer randomly started restarting last night. It restarted after about 30 minutes. Then about 10 minutes later it restarts again and had been at the same black screen saying my system didnt shut down cleanly and all diagnostics are at 100% but it wont move past this...
  8. Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen keyboard and mouse at login screen: Recently I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 however this caused several issues with my laptop so I reversed the upgrade back to 8.1. My Kaspersky AntiVirus would then not work leaving just a blank logo on my desktop. I tried to uninstall kaspersky using the uninstall...
  9. Windows completely frozen on restart screen.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows completely frozen on restart screen.: I was playing a game on steam (heros and generals) and suddenly I was unable to quit the game or move my mouse, but the game was still running. I decided to turn off my internet so that the game would close by itself. Normally when my computer lags I restart it, I decided to...
  10. Windows 10 Sleep Issues & Frozen Mouse Cursor on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sleep Issues & Frozen Mouse Cursor on Login Screen: Hi All, I'm new to the tenforums, this will be my first post. Sorry in advance for this being a long post, but it looks like I have no choice but to ship my PC back to have the motherboard replaced with a refurbished one which I'm hesitant at doing (I paid over $2000 for...