Windows 10: Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites

Discus and support Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I’m baffled still on this drop down menu issue. This started happening literally about 2 weeks ago. On virtually all sites, drop down menus... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Chadi, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Chadi Win User

Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites

I’m baffled still on this drop down menu issue. This started happening literally about 2 weeks ago.

On virtually all sites, drop down menus (including two of my own sites) that used to work fine, do not work on mouse *hover* anymore. I have to click the menu for it to drop down, it was never like this before. I replicated this odd enough, on many other sites and multiple browsers.

However, I installed Ubuntu desktop via VirtualBox and was unable to replicate the issue, it worked there. I’m out of ideas. I tried troubleshooting by uninstalling java, a few security apps too. Any ideas?

I even went ahead and did a fresh install of Windows 10 default, and still faced the same issue within a clean install before any plugins/apps were installed. Mind boggling.

:)

Chadi, Mar 20, 2017

2. HTC-TOUCH Lots of problems

That's odd. Make sure you're clicking the text within the dropdown and not accidently selecting the dropdown menu again.

TwitchOf05, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Arun_98 Win User
    ASP.net web site not rendering CSS on a windows 10/IE11 combination

We have asp.net web forms applications developed using visual studio 2010/framework 4.0. The applications use master pages which have reference to the CSS files and the ajax script manager. These applications render the CSS correctly on a users machine with
    any combination of windows and IE, but DO NOT with the windows 10/IE11. The CSS is not rendered at all and sub menus from the menu control which uses sitemap do not open.

We have the browser fix added to our applications in the app_browser folder.

The odd thing is that we have one application which uses telerik controls and script manager which is also developed with VS2010/Framework 4.0 which has no issues rendering on windows 10/IE11.

Has anyone else faced this issue and is there a solution to this

Arun_98, Mar 20, 2017
Thema:

Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites

1. Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites - Similar Threads - Odd Issue CSS

2. I can't click on dropdown menus, or in some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click on dropdown menus, or in some games.: I recently had this issue on windows 11, I thought something on my harddrive was corrupt since I could not fix it, so I bought an SSD, wiped my harddrive and reinstalled windows via a brand new USB. It worked for a while but now I'm back at the start.When I rightclick my...
  3. I can't click on dropdown menus, or in some games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click on dropdown menus, or in some games.: I recently had this issue on windows 11, I thought something on my harddrive was corrupt since I could not fix it, so I bought an SSD, wiped my harddrive and reinstalled windows via a brand new USB. It worked for a while but now I'm back at the start.When I rightclick my...
  4. Dropdown Functionality Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropdown Functionality Not Working: OK, I could not find anything relating to this after quite a few searches.Dropdown Functionality and right click functionality stops working intermittently. However, it will begin working again when I dock the screen to one side i.e., windows button + right/left arrow. Once...
  5. Dropdown Functionality Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropdown Functionality Not Working: OK, I could not find anything relating to this after quite a few searches.Dropdown Functionality and right click functionality stops working intermittently. However, it will begin working again when I dock the screen to one side i.e., windows button + right/left arrow. Once...
  6. Dropdown menus not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dropdown menus not working: Hello experienced Microsoft users. Recently within the past week or so I've been noticing problems with dropdown menus on websites- regardless of which browser I use, they only appear for a split second before disappearing. Sometimes, they stay up for about a half of a...
  7. Taskbar overlaps dropdown menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar overlaps dropdown menus: In some programs, I have to select options from a dropdown menu. However, the taskbar overlaps the last options, and I can't select them. Can someone help solve this issue?...
  8. Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge: In both Edge and Chrome browsers, when I click on a drop down menu, the list is unresponsive for several seconds before I can scroll down the list. After scrolling for a few seconds, the list will become unresponsive again. For example, a dropdown list of the 50 states or a...
  9. An odd issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An odd issue: On a friends computer application files are getting the .exe file extension stripped off the name. Of course then they won't launch. Renaming the file and adding the .exe back onto the filename solves the issue temporarily but it happens again. What's even weirder is I can...
  10. menus are all in Spanish.

in Windows 10 Customization
    menus are all in Spanish.: i purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad 320 in Mexico and the menus are all in Spanish. I did the settings region and tried to switch it to English so SOME of the software is now in English but the log in and core menus are still in Spanish. How do I get rid of all the Spanish...