Windows 10: Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites

Discus and support Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I’m baffled still on this drop down menu issue. This started happening literally about 2 weeks ago. On virtually all sites, drop down menus... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Chadi, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Chadi Win User

Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites

I’m baffled still on this drop down menu issue. This started happening literally about 2 weeks ago.

On virtually all sites, drop down menus (including two of my own sites) that used to work fine, do not work on mouse *hover* anymore. I have to click the menu for it to drop down, it was never like this before. I replicated this odd enough, on many other sites and multiple browsers.

However, I installed Ubuntu desktop via VirtualBox and was unable to replicate the issue, it worked there. I’m out of ideas. I tried troubleshooting by uninstalling java, a few security apps too. Any ideas?

I even went ahead and did a fresh install of Windows 10 default, and still faced the same issue within a clean install before any plugins/apps were installed. Mind boggling.

:)

Chadi, Mar 20, 2017

2. HTC-TOUCH Lots of problems

That's odd. Make sure you're clicking the text within the dropdown and not accidently selecting the dropdown menu again.

TwitchOf05, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Arun_98 Win User
    ASP.net web site not rendering CSS on a windows 10/IE11 combination

We have asp.net web forms applications developed using visual studio 2010/framework 4.0. The applications use master pages which have reference to the CSS files and the ajax script manager. These applications render the CSS correctly on a users machine with
    any combination of windows and IE, but DO NOT with the windows 10/IE11. The CSS is not rendered at all and sub menus from the menu control which uses sitemap do not open.

We have the browser fix added to our applications in the app_browser folder.

The odd thing is that we have one application which uses telerik controls and script manager which is also developed with VS2010/Framework 4.0 which has no issues rendering on windows 10/IE11.

Has anyone else faced this issue and is there a solution to this

Arun_98, Mar 20, 2017
Thema:

Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites

1. Odd Issue, No CSS/Java Dropdown Menus Work on All Sites - Similar Threads - Odd Issue CSS

2. Odd Jittery Movement on only Windows Apps and menus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd Jittery Movement on only Windows Apps and menus?: As of about a week or two ago, my computer has been doing something odd. Whenever I open any kind of Windows 10 App or the settings, there will be this off putting jittery movement. It seems to lock itself to a place on the scroll (usually the bottom) and scroll up and down...
  3. Java Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java Issue: Hi All! My java has stopped working. I get this message (see attached pic) when I try and run it... What do I do? Thanks!
  4. menus are all in Spanish.

in Windows 10 Customization
    menus are all in Spanish.: i purchased a new Lenovo IdeaPad 320 in Mexico and the menus are all in Spanish. I did the settings region and tried to switch it to English so SOME of the software is now in English but the log in and core menus are still in Spanish. How do I get rid of all the Spanish...
  5. Antivirus issue, odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus issue, odd.: My NOD32 ran out, and i renewed through an online vendor. Windows 10 is asking me to renew every reset, very annoying. Any ideas? My antivirus software is definitely active. 16824
  6. div li my site navigation menus not working since last week

in Browsers and Email
    div li my site navigation menus not working since last week: I have a number of sites, about 14, all with a li and dive navigation menu system. Each site is separate. On some sites they still work, and on some they only work on the front page/article. works on this one: Crest of a Star front page/article only: BlinkBlink...
  7. Odd login issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login issue: I have three user accounts on my machine including myself, its a family computer. We all use PIN's to sign in. Strangely, whenever the computer is rebooted, it automatically signs into my account and desktop without requiring the PIN or password, regardless of who was...
  8. All Java programs have stopped working.

All Java programs have stopped working.: Hi, I recently updated my computer to Windows 10 which worked fine. Today, I started to do some programming in Java which I do a lot. I noticed that when I ran my java application, or ANY java application, within a few seconds it would say "Java SE Binary has stopped...
  9. Java issue?

Java issue?: I'm trying to remote into my work PC, which I've done numerous times in the past. I can get in from my Windows 10 desktop, but on my Win 10 laptop I'm all of a sudden unable to get in. The error I'm getting on my laptop says "Secuity exception" and "Found unsigned entry...
  10. Odd Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Network issue: 1 x Desktop and 2 x laptops, 64 bit. Anniversary update done on all 3 machines. I now cannot access one of the laptops - network path not available , error code 0x80070035. Laptop in question has full internet access AND can access both desktop and other laptop via the...