Windows 10: Odd Issue with Audio: Only Hearing Skype and Spotify

Discus and support Odd Issue with Audio: Only Hearing Skype and Spotify in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So as the title says, I can only hear audio from Skype and Spotify. I am on a laptop I purchased ~6 months ago which runs Windows 10 Home. Just 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JacksonW1, Dec 11, 2019.

1. JacksonW1 Win User

Odd Issue with Audio: Only Hearing Skype and Spotify

So as the title says, I can only hear audio from Skype and Spotify. I am on a laptop I purchased ~6 months ago which runs Windows 10 Home. Just 2 weeks ago, I did not have this problem. It is not a problem with the headphones, as I have tested about 3 other headsets as well as wireless headphones. The speakers work just fine, allowing all sounds on the computer. I have already uninstalled both apps, and I'm open to anything.

(Edit: I also cannot hear system sounds)

Thanks for your time.

:)

JacksonW1, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Spotify Add-in to Skype Insiders

Source: Skype Insider Preview - Microsoft Community

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Spotify Add-in to Skype Insiders Insider

Source: Skype Insider Preview - Microsoft Community

Brink, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Cortana hearing and pronunciation issues

Hi MeiXi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with following information.

· Which build of Windows 10 is installed on the machine?

(Search winver from the Start menu to know the same)

· How was Spotify installed?

· Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which you were not facing this issue?

The issue with the name pronunciation usually occurs if there’s a space added in between. You may want to remove the space between the words, if present, and see if it helps.

The issue with launching Spotify might occur if the app was installed using the Spotify Installer download and not from Windows Store. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you.

· Unlink Cortana through Cortana Settings.

· Login to accounts.spotify.com
    and revoke Cortana access.

· Go to Settings > Apps > Apps and features. Among the list of apps, locate and click on
    Spotify. Choose Uninstall and restart the machine.

· Launch Microsoft Store
    and search for Spotify to install the Windows Store version.

· Once the app is installed, login to
    Spotify and link Cortana.

· Exit Spotify
    and restart the machine to see if the issue persists.

For hearing issues related to Cortana, I would suggest you to refer to the article

Cortana can't hear me
    and see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Odd Issue with Audio: Only Hearing Skype and Spotify - Similar Threads - Odd Issue Audio

2. Can't hear spotify

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hear spotify: Hello i hav e microsfts tore app spotify and i notice that i can't hear anyrhing /.Any help please?i do not have any problem with my local c drive's files ,speakers e.t.c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-spotify/b514704a-bdd7-4dad-a67c-ca5c5a730e24
  3. Can't hear spotify

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hear spotify: Hello i hav e microsfts tore app spotify and i notice that i can't hear anyrhing /.Any help please?i do not have any problem with my local c drive's files ,speakers e.t.c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-spotify/b514704a-bdd7-4dad-a67c-ca5c5a730e24
  4. Bluetooth hearing aids and skype - audio problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth hearing aids and skype - audio problems: I wear hearing aids and they are bluetoothed to my laptop. However, sometimes when I start a skype call to another skype user, the audio input to me won't work. On the skype settings audio page, it says the hearing aids are not connected. However, they are connected if I look...
  5. Stop Teams, skype and spotify

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Teams, skype and spotify: how can I avoid Teams, Skype and Spotify get incialized when I start my surface? thks I didn´t give them permission to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-teams-skype-and-spotify/e8008e4e-ee15-4d31-a8ac-553c5aa535fc
  6. Skype not hearing me at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype not hearing me at all: No one is able to hear me on Skype calls. My internal microphone isis select as default mic still there is no up movement on the bars when I speak to it. Right now I don't have any external mic to check. I am sure there is no issues with the microphone as the device is...
  7. No audio on Spotify

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio on Spotify: I'm using windows 10 ver1903. Currently I'm having issues where the rear audio jack on my pc is not working on windows. My motherboard is gigabyte aorus pro b450. The funny thing is when I tested the sound using Realtek Audio manager I can hear the sound on my headphone but...
  8. New Spotify Add-in to Skype Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    New Spotify Add-in to Skype Insiders: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are excited to introduce the Spotify Add-in to Skype Insiders. Starting today, the Skype Spotify Add-in will be gradually rolled out to all Skype Insiders in the United States on 8.26 builds and higher. Very soon to all Insiders around the world!...
  9. Skype audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Skype audio: Since this morning, my Skype recipients can no longer hear me. I've checked all settings (even though I did not change them) and all seem fine. My microphone works when tested in Windows, but the Echo test on Skype does not....
  10. Very, very odd issue with audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, very odd issue with audio playback: So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one. I use iPhone 5 Earpods (if that is the correct name), though I don't think that is relevant to the issue here. When I am playing music it...