Windows 10: Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue)

Discus and support Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The ONLY source I have been able to find that even acknowledges an issue like this exists is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUq1QWHGK-o. When I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aarixxx, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Aarixxx Win User

Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue)

The ONLY source I have been able to find that even acknowledges an issue like this exists is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUq1QWHGK-o. When I open Gears of War 4 on my computer, I only get "Invite only" and "Friends Only" and James doesn't show up, only a black background and anything season pass related such as maps are blacked out. They eventually load after MINUTES, but only with friends and it's a lot of messes with "Server allocation failed" Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue) [​IMG] Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue) d6b374ae-f65b-49cd-87ec-bc173acf4512?upload=true.png

The solution in the video was restart to "Windows pushtoservice" and "Windows Update" services in "services.msc" and toggle (not leave off) the firewall. That used to work, then I had to keep doing it over and over between that and rebooting before it finally went. Now nothing. I've reinstalled that game (it's 132GB, I'm not doing it again), reset it. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary when this started happening. One thing I've noticed is incoming connects are blocked, I enable them and firewall throws a hissy fit and turns off. I can't add an exception because this is not a .exe.

I might be forgetting some other things I've done to remedy the situation. sfc /scannow now yielded nothing different. Any ideas would REALLY be appreciated. I miss playing this.

Again all of the images EVENTUALLY show up but I'm still at the mercy of LAN.

:)

Aarixxx, Oct 30, 2018

2. Gears of War 4 launch issues

Hi,

Corrupted game components or system files may cause the Gears of War 4 to crash on your computer. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you
    run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps on your computer by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter
    button on this link.

We also suggest that you reset the game from the Settings menu. This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

If the issue persists, click on this link for the steps
    to perform a clean boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Will Gears of War 4 be available in Disk

Hi,

As per your query, I suggest that you refer to the link provided below and check if they are of any assistance.

Link 1:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/gears-of-war-4

Link 2: Gears of War 4 Beta and pre-order info

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/gears-of-war-4-beta

Also, I suggest that you contact our Xbox support team for further assistance with the same.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-on-windows?xr=shellnav

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue)

how to download gears of war 4?

Hi Charis,

We suggest that you directly contact the Software Developers
    to download the game (Gears of War 4) and for them to check on the system requirements and its compatibility to your PC.

Have a great day!

Barbara Cue, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue)

1. Odd issue with Gears of war 4 (Possibly a firewall issue) - Similar Threads - Odd issue Gears

2. Gears of War 4 Crashes Constantly - Possible Graphics Card Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gears of War 4 Crashes Constantly - Possible Graphics Card Issue: Hey, I've been playing Gears 4 online for months now but within the past few weeks the game's been crashing every half an hour or so. The game would freeze and I would get alerts in the notification centre but I can't remember exactly what they said. I'm sure that they were...
  3. Gears of War 4 Install Restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 4 Install Restarting: So I'm attempting to install Gears of War 4 on PC, I got 50% through (70GB) and restarted my PC. The Xbox app and the Windows store do not recognise that 50% and want me to start the install again - HOWEVER I no longer have the required storage space, because the 70GB from...
  4. Gears of War 4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gears of War 4: I'm pretty sure it isn't my internet because for 98 gigs, I was downloading at 80 mb/s, now it just says "downloading" and there's no download speed that shows. Can anyone help me fix this please? I really just wanna play Gears of War 4....
  5. Gears Of War 4 pc

Gears Of War 4 pc: Hello, my download was 120gb downloaded.now 135gb that was the total to download Gears 4 .... rose to 195gb !!!!!!! !!I really do not understand this MS store how to fix it as the download only increases....
  6. Gears of war 4

Gears of war 4: gears of war 4 is taking forever to install. the size of the game said it would be around 130 gigs but so far its downloaded 244 gigs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-of-war-4/556d24e0-c7d0-4cbc-aff1-e1169530909f"
  7. Gears of War 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of War 4: Hi today I get an issue with the game. After the launch I get the[IMG] After OK, app closing I install it today and first 3 launching was fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gears-of-war-4/075f823f-fb1b-4240-b180-fab38b18a15c
  8. Gears of war 4 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of war 4 issues: I have been playing quietly for 2 days gears of war 4, today I went to the main menu to go to windows and simply went directly to windows without showing the main menu (obviously was a crash). Now every time I try to play it just crash to windows in main menu all the time....
  9. Where is the real Microsoft support; Gears of War 4 known issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the real Microsoft support; Gears of War 4 known issue: No offense to anyone here but half of the suggestions to fix a broken game are complete nonsense. Please provide me with a way to contact Microsoft. Suggesting that i clean the cache or reboot my computer has nothing to do with the fact that Microsoft owes one hundred dollars...
  10. Gears of war 4 downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears of war 4 downloading: Hey so i just bought gears of war 4 for pc right, and at first the download file was 130 Gb and then it failed so i tried it again and then the file size was 201 Gb but i didnt think anything of it so i let it keep downloading. It failed again but thought i'd try it one more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gears of war firewall

2. gears of war 4 firewall settings

3. gears of war 4 firewall

4. GEARS 4 THROW ME BACK IN MAIN MENU firewall,
  5. gears of war 4 fire wall,
  6. gears 4 firewall ,
  7. gears of war firewall settings,
  8. Gears 4 pc firewall,
  9. firewall settings gears of war 4,
  10. gear of war 4 coop windows 10 firewall