Windows 10: Odd issue with Windows Update on Win 10 1909 Enterprise

Discus and support Odd issue with Windows Update on Win 10 1909 Enterprise in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Win 10 1901 Enterprise, company PC, on a domain. I am a local administrator on this machine. In fact I am an OU admin. After running Windows updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rootman, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Odd issue with Windows Update on Win 10 1909 Enterprise

Win 10 1901 Enterprise, company PC, on a domain. I am a local administrator on this machine. In fact I am an OU admin.

After running Windows updates on my desktop PC and it installing a few updates I can no longer run Windows Update I get an 'Error Encountered' with a code of '0x80248007'. During the MS Updates the screen froze and all apps disappeared, the slowly came back but nothing would run. After waiting 15 minutes I rebooted.

I Googled it up and downloaded the MS Update Trouble shooter. It could not find the issue.

I stopped wuauserv and bits and deleted the \Windows\SoftwareDistibution\Datastore folder contents. Rebooted. Same error in Windows updates.

I ran chkdsk and then ran SFC /scannow. SFC found some stuff and I rebooted. Same error in Windows Updates.

It just so happens I also updated my laptop (Win 10 Enterprise, same domain) which had the SAME updates that it installed and it turned out fine. MS Updates will run on the laptop and it reports I am up to date.

I restored the desktop from a Macrium reflect FULL backup I had just done last night. Came out fine and MS Updates ran again. After getting the SAME updates as last time and rebooting the same damn 0x80248007 error again! No weird screen freeze or apps conking out this time though.

So, essentially the exact same issue on the OS as it was this morning and from a restored OS from last night.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Rootman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rootman, Mar 18, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Odd issue with Windows Update on Win 10 1909 Enterprise

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Odd issue with Windows Update on Win 10 1909 Enterprise

1. Odd issue with Windows Update on Win 10 1909 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Odd issue Update

2. Win 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Enterprise: I have more than 15 new system brand new Fresh installation ,and almost all system freeze/hang up keyboard mouse even not working i couldn't find out any reason related to hardware/software.I found this logs in event logger, Is it related to that or what is the reason of...
  3. Odd Issue With Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Odd Issue With Windows 10: Hello, I'm hoping someone would be able to assist me with an odd issue that started occurring to me recently. Whenever I boot up my PC or restart it, instead of taking me to my user account to enter my pin at the lock screen, it automatically takes me to a different account...
  4. update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise: how do I update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-win-10-pro-to-win-10-enterprise/eb8181f1-c57b-45c4-aedd-ff7fee26ea14
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 still no 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 still no 2004 update: It's August there's still no sign of the 2004 update (at least for me) I've been manually checking for Updates everyday for the past 2 months and my hardware isn't that old.. Hardware : Intel Core i7-8700 + Gigabyte Z370 HD3 motherboard with updated BIOS to the latest OS :...
  6. Upgrade to Win 10 Update 1909

Upgrade to Win 10 Update 1909: I had issues not being able to get any updates. that issue is now resolved, but when I try downloading update 1909, it prepares, downloads to 100% and stops. I left it in limbo for hours but nothing happened, even if I switch off, it is still there on start up. Any solutions...
  7. Updating to Windows 10 1909 on multiple laptops, Enterprise Version

Updating to Windows 10 1909 on multiple laptops, Enterprise Version: Hi All, thanks in advance, Can i update my Windows 10 Enterprise to latest 1909 build using Update Assistant and use same download/esd file in Windows10Upgrade folder as local copy for updating other laptops all of them windows 10 enterprise version. Ps: IT Team is trying...
  8. Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update 1909 Issue: Issue related to internet connection and restart/hibernation on windows after new update. My issue is related to only none edge browsers loading websites slow with some taking 5 minutes or more. This was random and if I tried to use the troubleshooting option the connection...
  9. Win 10 Enterprise 1909 Appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Enterprise 1909 Appearance: Although I have used Win 7 Pro for many years, I just managed to do and activate a Win 10 E 1909 installation on my Dell T3500. I find Win 10's appearance confusing and distracting. At 82, I'm not as swift as I used to be at accommodating changes. Can anybody point me toward...
  10. Win 10 Enterprise - Update issue

Win 10 Enterprise - Update issue: Hi, can you help me to give some solution for this windows update issue. i have used to cloan from my first hard disk to second hard disk, then now i cannot update Windows. i have prepare around 100 computers like this in my company, i want to solve this issue asap....