Windows 10: Odd key translation problem on Windows 10 tablet?

Discus and support Odd key translation problem on Windows 10 tablet? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a Chuwi Hi10 Pro Windows 10 tablet with the idea of working on a mobile version of a database program that I've developed for my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NormAtHome, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Odd key translation problem on Windows 10 tablet?

I bought a Chuwi Hi10 Pro Windows 10 tablet with the idea of working on a mobile version of a database program that I've developed for my desktop computers using Embarcadero RAD Studio Delphi. I also have Ultra VNC installed so I can work on the tablet from my desktop.

I've run into an odd problem that I believe is some kind of problem with Windows 10 on this tablet. First when I'm using Ultra VNC to control the tablet from my desktop it almost seems like there are times when I'm tying that the tablet seems to think that either the Alt / Ctrl or Windows key is pressed when in fact it isn't; i.e. when I have an explorer window open on the tablet and with a couple hundred files and I try and scroll down by typing the first couple letters of the file name like "co" on the local keyboard the remote screen shows messages like "Auto Rotate Off" or "Projector Settings".

Within my VCL based program on the tablet when I need to enter text into a search box for example I pop up a built in on screen keyboard (a TTouchKeyboard component) and for example when I type Shift and then F what I get is Alt-F which is a keyboard shortcut for going to the first item in the database rather than adding a capital F into the edit / search box.

One thing that I also find odd is that if I bring up the Windows 10 on screen keyboard and press Shift F on that I don't have the problem with Alt F being sent instead of Shift F like I do with the VCL built in keyboard..

Does this seem familiar to anyone? Have any idea's how to overcome it?

:)

NormAtHome, Apr 14, 2019

2. Bing translator with windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Let me keep you informed, to translate any text through Bing translator in Internet Explorer, you just have to follow two simple steps as follows:

• Select the text you want to translate.

• Right click on the selected text and select the option translate with Bing.

As of now the option to set Bing Translator to the Edge is not available.

I suggest you to use the feedback app in the insider and send your thoughts directly to the team building Windows.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Translator

Hi,

One way of stopping Microsoft Translator is by uninstalling it. In order for you to uninstall the app, we recommend that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key and type "translator".
    • Right-click Translator and select Uninstall.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Odd key translation problem on Windows 10 tablet?

WIn 10 and IE 11 Google translate reports translating site but nothing happens.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to add the Google translate website in compatibility mode and check if it helps:

Follow the steps:

• Open internet explorer.
    • Click on ALT key in key board.
    • Click on tools tab
    • Select compatibility view settings
    • Add the website
    • Click ok.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Divya Murugan, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Odd key translation problem on Windows 10 tablet?

1. Odd key translation problem on Windows 10 tablet? - Similar Threads - Odd key translation

2. coins Translate problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    coins Translate problem: how to fix "there was a problem communicating with the Microsoft translation service" coins translate in autocad 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coins-translate-problem/2f39e549-f337-411c-8f84-0aebf2fbabb4
  3. coins Translate problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    coins Translate problem: how to fix "there was a problem communicating with the Microsoft translation service" coins translate in autocad 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/coins-translate-problem/2f39e549-f337-411c-8f84-0aebf2fbabb4
  4. Odd Windows login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd Windows login problem: I've run into this on several computers recently. People bring me computers to work on from time to time, and often they have MS Accounts with passwords. To automate things like Windows updates, I set the computer to autologin (storing the password in the registry as...
  5. Odd Windows 10 install problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd Windows 10 install problem: When I install windows to a drive after it done the full windows download it takes me back to my bios any one know how to fix this. submitted by /u/Financial-Result978 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4khca/odd_windows_10_install_problem/
  6. Bad translation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad translation problem: For some reason I have bad translation problems like msconfig's being System Configuration instead of being in my native language ("Configuração de Sistema"). Even after doing a clean install I still have bad translation problems. 144774
  7. Odd Windows Activation Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Odd Windows Activation Problem: Hi! I have an odd activation problem. I built a back up windows 10 machine about a year ago. At that time when I bought the parts, I bought a copy of Windows 10 Home. Windows was activated no problem, then the machine has been off line and idle since just after it was...
  8. Very odd Printing problem in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very odd Printing problem in windows 10: So, this problem is a strange one indeed; I work for a company and we have a laser printer hooked up to a windows 10 machine in on of our warehouses via usb a to b, it's a brother HL-L2320D. When anyone (user or administrator) tries to print a document, the document shows...
  9. Win 10 tablet - problem with offline Google Translator!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 tablet - problem with offline Google Translator!: I have an Acer Win10 Tablet and since going Windows from my old Android Tablet I cannot get OFFLINE Google translator. This is important to me as I need to translate Greek sometimes when on my hols and there is no wifi available. I know I used to have it - so is it because of...
  10. odd windows shortcut key problem

in Windows 10 Support
    odd windows shortcut key problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 build 15063 on an X99 motherboard. Odd problem: There must be at least one application open and visible on my desktop in order for any of my user-defined shortcut keys to work. I have several shortcuts to which I've given Ctl-Alt sequences...