Windows 10: Odd keyboard problem aft upgrading to Win 10 v1903. Must be Gremlins!

Discus and support Odd keyboard problem aft upgrading to Win 10 v1903. Must be Gremlins! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I like my old 2009 iMac keyboard. So much so I keep it after building my new PC (I no longer have the iMac). I photo edit with Photoshop CS6 EX &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GARoss, May 31, 2019.

1. GARoss Win User

Odd keyboard problem aft upgrading to Win 10 v1903. Must be Gremlins!

I like my old 2009 iMac keyboard. So much so I keep it after building my new PC (I no longer have the iMac).

I photo edit with Photoshop CS6 EX & noticed one of my keyboard shortcut combos quit working (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F) after upgrading to Win 10 v 1903.

In Photoshop Edit\Keyboard Shortcuts mode I could see the proper Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F was still there where it should be. But pressing the shortcut keys doesn't work anymore.

I decided to delete that keyboard shortcut & re-write Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F again in its place. But nothing appeared in the menu window after pressing the keys Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F & the menu remained blank. I tried different combos & they did work. I tried Shift+F & several other combos using the letter F & they all worked. I even tried Shift+Ctrl+Alt+G & that DID work & still using that one.

In fact, any 2 key combo using the letter F works as well as any 3 key combo using the letter F works but not the 4 key combo using the letter F will work. Weird! Why not, Shift+Ctrl+Alt+F? I can only guess that v1903 has replaced the original keyboard driver with something else. Very odd. The F key works fine otherwise. If the keyboard was bad the F key wouldn't work at all.

Shift+Ctrl+Alt+G works fine & I'll continue using that but it is weird. GREMLINS !! *Devil

:)

GARoss, May 31, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 31, 2019
  3. GLD
    GLD Win User
    Windows 10 gremlins.

I have the free upgrade from Windows 7 now on both my PC's. The are both Win 10 home. I am generally happy with 10 but the stinking gremlins in it is driving me nuts!

I disable system restore and check back after awhile and it is re-enabled. Same thing with the windows driver dl option. I set it to NO do not dl mfg. drivers, but it re enables its self. The screen saver is another. It will stay with my settings for quite awhile then it gets disabled to "none" a lot of times. This happens to both my rigs. ARGH!

Anyone else experience this BS? Is it just me? Is there a fix?

4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 gremlins.

If you are still having issues GLD you might try a fresh format. I have had issues with the upgrade but fresh OS reinstalls have gone great.

Solaris17, May 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Odd keyboard problem aft upgrading to Win 10 v1903. Must be Gremlins! - Similar Threads - Odd keyboard problem

2. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade problem: Hello ,I have a problem with the upgrade of windows 10 from installation media of windows 10. First, It takes almost 5 minutes to install:Whenever I, install windows 10 then it always stuck my processor and in the screen it is written "Working on updates":After, a lot of...
  3. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Upgrade problem: Hello ,I have a problem with the upgrade of windows 10 from installation media of windows 10. First, It takes almost 5 minutes to install:Whenever I, install windows 10 then it always stuck my processor and in the screen it is written "Working on updates":After, a lot of...
  4. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 upgrade problem

Win 10 upgrade problem: I went to upgrade Windows 7 on my Dell desktop utilizing Activation Key and got this error before I had a chance to enter the key. This is the error code 0xc1900101-0x20017...
  6. Gremlin in computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gremlin in computer: Twice today I’ve found my HP desktop computer unresponsive with the fan whirring furiously. The screen was black and the keyboard was unresponsive. I was able to shut down the computer using the power button. I waited a few minutes and then was able to restart the computer...
  7. BSOD UPGRADING FROM WIN 10 PRO V1903 to V1909

BSOD UPGRADING FROM WIN 10 PRO V1903 to V1909: Hello again. I previously posted my failed attempts to update to WIN 10 V1909. After all of the BSODs during this process, I successfully restored my PC to a stable version 1903 configuration that has worked without BSOD for several weeks. I paused all updates until Dec...
  8. No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903: Win 10 v1903 (upgrade 3 days ago). Wireless printer HP ENVY Photo 6255. I have 3 PCs - two have been on v1903 for quite awhile and the wireless printer works fine from those PCs. Those PCs were already on v1903 when this new printer was added to the network. The wireless...
  9. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 v1903

Can't upgrade to Windows 10 v1903: Everyone is talking about this new upgrade to version 1903, but I can't get it. Why? There are many phases Windows Update has gone through over the last couple of months. Most of the time, nothing shows up in Windows Update, except updates to the Windows Defender...
  10. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.: When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 in 2016 everything worked OK but I couldn't type in the search field for Edge or Cortina. I couldn't find a solution online before the back out period expired so I backed out of the update. I have continued using Win 7 since then. I would...