Windows 10: Odd Log File In Temp Files

Discus and support Odd Log File In Temp Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 2004 (O.S. Build 1904.153 Hi Does anyone have any idea what these Log Files in my Temp Folder are, and should I be worried about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sporties, Mar 23, 2020.

1. sporties Win User

Odd Log File In Temp Files

Windows 10 Version 2004 (O.S. Build 1904.153

Hi

Does anyone have any idea what these Log Files in my Temp Folder are, and should I be worried about them?
    They're named DESKTOP-GDP#####.log.
    Thanks in advance!

Mike

Code:
    :)

sporties, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 23, 2020
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Odd Log File In Temp Files

[Help] Log File

Hey all,

Has anyone used the log file with powershell? I am looking to parse the log file but it is not being friendly. I save the log file as an XML and/or CSV but it doesn't really format the data correctly.

jam1239665, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Odd Log File In Temp Files

1. Odd Log File In Temp Files - Similar Threads - Odd Log File

2. 2 log files created in windows temp

in Windows 10 Support
    2 log files created in windows temp: Hi I have 2 log files created over and over again in Windows temp folder: 1. aria-debug-xxxx.log xxxx changes between files. The content is either empty or includes one line: Logging inited C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\aria-debug-12272.log 1 I read it might be related to OneDrive but...
  3. %temp% folder spammed with hundreds of log files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    %temp% folder spammed with hundreds of log files: I just noticed today, that my %temp% folder is spammed with hundreds of 0kb sized mat-debug-xxxx.log files since 2 weeks, maybe since 1909? They are all empty, and created every few minutes. There are some some files called aria-debug-xxx.log and one of them had this content...
  4. Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp: Hello people! My PC started out of a sudden registering a hell lot of Event Log files usually in the pattern "Application_<some serial number>" or "Microsoft-Windows-<some thing>-<some serial number>" and paired up with "AppxErrorReport_<serial>.txt" files. I noticed it...
  5. Temp file in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp file in File Explorer: Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each time it appears it...
  6. Temp Files

Temp Files: Files are being created in my Temp folder, several thousand per day. The files are all named the same except for the number. The following is typical: ISUSMP_9073000915651819688_TEMP. What is the reason for this and how can I stop it?...
  7. Delete Temp Files

Delete Temp Files: Hello Community: I have an HP Compaq SFF 8200 desk top PC, MY operating system is Windowa 10 Home 64 bit. while doing housekeeping on my pc, I go to the disk cleanup mode, one of the items that I check is " Temporary Files" after the cleanup process is...
  8. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files: My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution...
  9. temp file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temp file: I tried to use a external hard drive to update my laptop but how do I do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/temp-file/c81f5999-5c27-4067-9a7f-96e6596182f4
  10. Temp Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Temp Files: I don't have a folder named C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCach\IE When I run Disk Cleanup or CCleaner,It says there are temporary internet files there. Why don't I see this folder? [img] [img] 85601