Windows 10: Odd login issue

Discus and support Odd login issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have three user accounts on my machine including myself, its a family computer. We all use PIN's to sign in. Strangely, whenever the computer is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by fastflyby, Mar 7, 2016.

1. fastflyby Win User

Odd login issue

I have three user accounts on my machine including myself, its a family computer. We all use PIN's to sign in.

Strangely, whenever the computer is rebooted, it automatically signs into my account and desktop without requiring the PIN or password, regardless of who was logged in before shutdown/reboot. I would prefer that it just go back to the lock screen.

The other odd thing is that every so often, maybe once a week, my account switches to asking me for my password to sign back in instead of my PIN. A minor annoyance but it that is only magnified because I can't figure out how to fix it. The other user accounts do not experience this.

Much thanks to anyone who can help me out.

:)

fastflyby, Mar 7, 2016

2. Delete user

That's odd... are you actually able to login to that other account?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 7, 2016
  3. odd login with win to today

this morning when I tried to use the pc for the first time today, Windows asked me to login using my microsoft account.

Which I did,

No problem.

I expected the same later but nothing.

Was there an update over the weekend that may have caused this ?

I have NIS on the machine.

So it should not be "open" !

PhlipWolfe, Mar 7, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Odd login issue

Did you at one time try out the Netplwiz option ?

Here is the tutorial showing users how to login in to a user account automatically without password.
    Try to do the "opposite" of the tutorial and see if that fixes the problem.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

davidhk, Mar 7, 2016
  5. fastflyby Win User
    I don't remember doing it, but I probably did, whether intentional or not.
    That took care of the autologin issue, thanks.

fastflyby, Mar 8, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Odd login issue

1. Odd login issue - Similar Threads - Odd login issue

2. Odd printing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd printing issue: I enjoy crossword puzzles. What I have been able to do via the app the e-paper provides is clip the puzzles, save them to downloads. I then select the puzzle, click the printer icon, what has been coming up on the screen is an oversized document. I can the click "fit to page"...
  3. Odd printing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd printing issue: I enjoy crossword puzzles. What I have been able to do via the app the e-paper provides is clip the puzzles, save them to downloads. I then select the puzzle, click the printer icon, what has been coming up on the screen is an oversized document. I can the click "fit to page"...
  4. Odd Displaying Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Displaying Issues: I have a MSI GS66 Stealth 11uh, everything works fine, screen works fine and everything. But every time I plug in an HDMI and hook up a secondary monitor into it for some weird reason it will only display on the 2nd monitor. I then will go to settings, and it says its set to,...
  5. Odd Displaying Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Displaying Issues: I have a MSI GS66 Stealth 11uh, everything works fine, screen works fine and everything. But every time I plug in an HDMI and hook up a secondary monitor into it for some weird reason it will only display on the 2nd monitor. I then will go to settings, and it says its set to,...
  6. Odd Windows login problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd Windows login problem: I've run into this on several computers recently. People bring me computers to work on from time to time, and often they have MS Accounts with passwords. To automate things like Windows updates, I set the computer to autologin (storing the password in the registry as...
  7. Odd controller issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd controller issue: Every time I connect my dualshock4 controller to my pc the settings, search bar, and home thing scroll up uncontrollably. For instance if I try to scroll through microsoft store apps it scrolls back up to the top so fast I can't even tell that I'm not scrolling down. Anybody...
  8. An odd issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An odd issue: On a friends computer application files are getting the .exe file extension stripped off the name. Of course then they won't launch. Renaming the file and adding the .exe back onto the filename solves the issue temporarily but it happens again. What's even weirder is I can...
  9. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...
  10. Odd Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd Network issue: 1 x Desktop and 2 x laptops, 64 bit. Anniversary update done on all 3 machines. I now cannot access one of the laptops - network path not available , error code 0x80070035. Laptop in question has full internet access AND can access both desktop and other laptop via the...