Windows 10: Odd looking file icon

Discus and support Odd looking file icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone know what the 2 wee squares mean ? 161826 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James1093, Aug 1, 2020.

1. James1093 Win User

Odd looking file icon

Anyone know what the 2 wee squares mean ?

:)

James1093, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Windows 10 Image Icons All Look the Same

Hi,

I would like to inform you that the icons that represents image files all look the same with no way to tell jpegs from gifs, pngs, etc. So, I suggest you to enable Windows to show extensions for known
    file types. To do so, kindly do these following steps:

• Click Start and then click File Explorer.
      Start
      can be accessed by pressing the Windows key or by clicking the
      Windows Icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Click File and then click Change folder and search options.
    • Click View and then uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
    • Click OK.

You can now see the file extensions, enabling you to identify jpegs from gifs, pngs, etc.

Feel free to ask us for more assistance with Windows.

Allan Mej, Aug 1, 2020
  3. File Explorer "Photos" icon now missing since Creators Edition update

I appreciate the suggestion, but sadly that doesn't fix the problem when viewing in details or list mode. I prefer using details/list modes as I mix images with other files in the same folder sometimes, and the long lists look better that way. Image only folders look great in thumbnail mode, but for mixed file folders it is not good. I realise this is not a major issue and is purely cosmetic, but something went wrong, so be good to fix if possible Odd looking file icon :)

BlizzardUK, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Odd looking file icon

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Odd looking file icon

1. Odd looking file icon - Similar Threads - Odd looking file

2. idrk what this is but it looks odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    idrk what this is but it looks odd: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alpi_exe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11v1abz/idrk_what_this_is_but_it_looks_odd/
  3. Windows 10 Task bar icons look odd.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Task bar icons look odd.: I have installed a third party application to customize windows and it ruined my task bar icons. I have re-verted all the changes and uninstalled the app and that did not help.see image for reference . Icons like Ethernet , volume, notification center are broken. ps. I know I...
  4. File Explorer - Need assistance opening a file with an odd icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Need assistance opening a file with an odd icon: My file has a clock icon with an incomplete circle ending in an arrow surrounding it. Any suggestions on how to upload or open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-need-assistance-opening-a-file-with/f0e36b17-e3ab-484b-8b37-bc2d08780681
  5. Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?: [ATTACH] I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and ever since, my notifications in action center for some reason have a small icon above them and look different. Here is how discord looks normally vs how mine looks:...
  6. Odd Looking folder and files in user folder total 60+GB

Odd Looking folder and files in user folder total 60+GB: Hi, i have an odd looking file in my user folder which exceeds 60GB and no file in it has a date stamped newer than 2 years ago. the files in these folders have no file extension also. I'm wondering if i can delete these files i have searched using resource monitor and...
  7. Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon

Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon: Any idea as to what the Wi-Fi icon with the white box over it means ? [img] 161849
  8. Some file icons look weird

Some file icons look weird: after documents the download icon shrunk. Idk it looks weird[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-file-icons-look-weird/3467abc7-739a-4abd-a39e-79c19dd530e7
  9. White box around icons on taskbar and odd looking interfaces

in Windows 10 Customization
    White box around icons on taskbar and odd looking interfaces: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] These are two snips i took of my computer's interfce, it looks very off now, i turned it off on friday and when i turned it on today everything looks bad. my desktop and lock screen image was reset and there are white boarders around almost every icon....
  10. Found odd looking files on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Found odd looking files on laptop: In the last four or five days I have discovered files folders and files which recently appeared. In my C: drive two folders - abpackage 150 and Xdetails 212 D: (Recovery) three folders ahscan 17, aimages 77, Uwrap 101 E: Vlog 131, Attransfer 5223 F: Uworking 48,...