Windows 10: Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon

Discus and support Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any idea as to what the Wi-Fi icon with the white box over it means ? [img] 161849 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustRay, Aug 2, 2020.

1. JustRay Win User

Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon

Any idea as to what the Wi-Fi icon with the white box over it means ?

Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon [​IMG]

:)

JustRay, Aug 2, 2020

2. Wrong wi-fi icon?

what if you try a simple disabling of the wifi network connection then enable it again and see if the icons change? It shows the Broadband connection as disabled anyways, so I cant think that would effect the icon status of the enabled wi-fi.

sneekypeet, Aug 2, 2020
  3. allant51 Win User
    wi fi connection

After windows 1903 update I don't have any wi fi connection or icon showing and have tried many suggestions on how to get it, but none have worked.

Can you provide a step by step instruction on how to get wi fi icon and network.

allant51, Aug 2, 2020
  4. johnny234 Win User

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Odd looking Win 10 Wi-Fi icon - Similar Threads - Odd looking icon

2. Wi-Fi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi icon not showing: Am unable to enable Wi-Fi icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-icon-not-showing/905bc625-6ebc-42b3-b145-fb972cd174f9
  3. Wi-Fi icon not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi icon not showing: Am unable to enable Wi-Fi icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-icon-not-showing/905bc625-6ebc-42b3-b145-fb972cd174f9
  4. Wi-Fi Icon Disappeared Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Icon Disappeared Windows 10: Hello hope you're having a good time Yesterday i installed a driver update program and it updated my drivers but then after a restart i realized that my wifi icon is disappeared and in network and internet settings it doesn't show anything even though i am connected to my...
  5. Windows 10 Task bar icons look odd.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Task bar icons look odd.: I have installed a third party application to customize windows and it ruined my task bar icons. I have re-verted all the changes and uninstalled the app and that did not help.see image for reference . Icons like Ethernet , volume, notification center are broken. ps. I know I...
  6. Odd looking file icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd looking file icon: Anyone know what the 2 wee squares mean ? 161826
  7. WI-FI icon missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WI-FI icon missing: Wifi icon is missing, but i can able to import the profile and connect using the command prompt. GUI is not wokring. I tried reinstalling the driver and all the possible ways...
  8. Win 10 Wi-Fi not working

Win 10 Wi-Fi not working: My HP Pavilion 17 has only been connected to the internet via Wi-Fi. In the past week every time I start the laptop it only displays the Ethernet option. Troubleshooter only reads "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken". The only way I can even find...
  9. Пропал значок Wi-Fi/ Wi-Fi icon missing Windows 10

Пропал значок Wi-Fi/ Wi-Fi icon missing Windows 10: Пропал значок вай фай в панели задач, а если открыть сеть то там тоже нет иконки вай фай для просмотра доступных сетей, пробовал обновить драйвера и сбрасывать сеть, много чего попробовал не помогает ничего. Прошу помогите :( The wi-fi icon disappeared in the taskbar, and...
  10. wi-fi icon

wi-fi icon: ... does not appear on the task bar and nothing I do brings it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wi-fi-icon/649c0c61-f7de-4830-8655-ba1a88dd090c