Windows 10: odd mouse problem

Discus and support odd mouse problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 / 1903 on an HP 15 f009wm laptop. I installed the drivers from the HP site and everything works correctly except the mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lenberman, Feb 6, 2020.

1. lenberman Win User

odd mouse problem

I reinstalled Windows 10 / 1903 on an HP 15 f009wm laptop. I installed the drivers from the HP site and everything works correctly except the mouse, that exhibits only jerky unusable movement, with both wired and wireless mouse. When I check the device manager there is one issue (see pic) I'm not sure what it is. The mouse works perfectly in safe mode.

:)

lenberman, Feb 6, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread Primary mouse button resets after reboot Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Feb 6, 2020
  4. odd mouse problem

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

Aaaand the ironic thing there is, that no doubt WOULD void the warranty.

Seriously though, thanks for the suggestion but I plan to wait for their response. They said they can't authorize a replacement unless all the troubleshooting steps they emailed me don't work, which they didn't.

I've also contacted Newegg, and they said they'll do anything they can to help get me a manufacturer replacement in the case of the mouse not working with any of Logi's troubleshooting steps and if Logi refuses to replace it.

I had an MX500 that easily outlasted this one with lots of use. Seems to me the more complex the mouse, the more failure prone they are.

Frag Maniac, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

odd mouse problem

1. odd mouse problem - Similar Threads - odd mouse problem

2. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  3. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  4. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  6. Odd file problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd file problem: Hello, my girlfriend has just bought a new computer shes trying to download a sims 4 mod and is haveing some issues with downloading certain ones i have attached a image of what it says the mods are widely used so im really not sure of the issue thank you in advance...
  7. Odd problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd problem with shortcut: Hi PC Spec as per Computer 1 (desktop) I have created a shortcut to an elevated command prompt which I wish to pin to the start menu. I can pin the shortcut to the start menu but here's the problem. When I double-click on the desktop shortcut (not yet deleted this), it...
  8. Odd Problem with mouse binds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Problem with mouse binds: So, on my mouse, the logitech g303, whenever i press mouse3, it registers as mouse1. If there was a way to reset all my key binds to default, that would be great. When I press mouse1, it does not act as mouse3. I have already tried changing all of my key binds through the...
  9. Various Odd Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Various Odd Problems.: For starters, I have a pretty badly organised desktop, so my screen is filled with icons. Every now and then, I'll see all of the icons re-render themselves (no idea why - nothing I've done). Here they flash white, then redraw themselves. However, after this, the normal...
  10. Odd graphical glitch with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd graphical glitch with mouse cursor: Anyone else have this happen? The garbled box is my mouse cursor. It returned to normal once I logged in. This is a random thing. Most of the time, its normal. [img] 33567