Windows 10: Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep

Discus and support Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI I have noticed on two occasions now when I wake the notebook from sleep the mouse pointer stays over the left hand lower corner and the menus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stuarttunstall, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep

HI

I have noticed on two occasions now when I wake the notebook from sleep the mouse pointer stays over the left hand lower corner and the menus keep flashing up as if it is pressing the button but the pointer/trackpad is unresponsive... after a couple of minutes it is OK again.. any ideas why?

As I say I have had the notebook 5 weeks now and it has only done it twice and both times when waking
    Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep [​IMG]
    normal power up after shut down is OK

Stuart

:)

stuarttunstall, Sep 23, 2016
  2. CEGIII Win User

After Upgrade To Windows 10 My PC Keeps Returning To Sleep Mode

Months later I noticed this issue had returned. It likely returned after the anniversary update. It went back to going to sleep shortly after walking away from my PC after waking it up from sleep mode. This happened if I waked it by mouse or by keyboard.

This time around I tried something new, waking it with the power button, and it's working. No issues if I make the effort to bend over and push the power button on my Optiplex.

CEGIII, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Designer Mouse wakes pc but mouse unusable, paired but won't connect after reboot

I have run Win 10 on a early 2015 MacBookPro using BootCamp 6 since August. All was fine until late November/early December when I began having problems waking my sleeping laptop using the bluetooth Microsoft Designer Mouse. I had to open the lid and use
    the power button to wake it. Over the holiday I tried to solve this following advice from numerous threads, making sure drivers were current, reinstalling BootCamp, making sure power options were set properly etc.

Now clicking on the mouse buttons wakes the PC, but the mouse cannot move the cursor- I need to open the lid and use the MBP trackpad to get to the login. After login the mouse works fine until I reboot. When I reboot the Designer Mouse shows as paired
    but not connected, and I must delete the mouse and reinstall it every boot.

I have exhausted the resources I can find. I don't know if these issues stem from the November update, some minor update, or some other issue.

Has anyone suggestions for resolving these issues, or a similar experience?

runninglate1, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep

Not sure if this is driver related....

On the 9th it installed automatically the "Synaptics - Pointing Drawing - Synaptics SMBus TouchPad" driver now version 19.2.4.10 was 19.2.4.0 from out of the box... Could this be the cause?

I have had it in sleep mode for about 90 mins tonight and when opening the lid the trackpad was totally unresponsive for quite a while with menus flashing open, Cortana opening and closing... all without me doing anything...

Should I roll back the driver?

stuarttunstall, Sep 23, 2016
  5. I have just used the driver "Roll Back" button in device manager to go back to the original "Synaptics - Pointing Drawing - Synaptics SMBus TouchPad" driver, version 19.2.4.0 that was installed from day one, to see if that cures this odd issue....

On the 9th September Windows update changed this to 19.2.4.10 which is around the time the issue started so "fingers crossed" this is the issue ... Seems strange the trackpad was OK after waking from sleep prior to this...

stuarttunstall, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep

1. Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Odd mouse trackpad

2. Wake from Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from Sleep issues: I've tried everything I can find, but my Windows 10 desktop won't fully wake from sleep. I can move the mouse and the computer starts to wake (lights, hard drive), but the keyboard won't activate (no lights) and the monitor doesn't wake. I have a web camera with Windows Hello...
  3. wake from sleep issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wake from sleep issue?: I have a brand new Artesian NZXT H1 pc (SFF PCs — Artesian) with a Asus Rog Strix B550-I motherboard and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When my pc "sleeps"......I have to move the mouse/type on keyboard or hit the power button......AND THEN HIT THE POWER BUTTON A SECOND TIME, to get...
  4. Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep

Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep: Often when I wake my laptop from sleep, my trackpad stops working. I've enabled ctrl to show where the cursor is, and it does not move. The trackpoint does not work either. In "ELAN Trackpoint for..." it shows the trackpoint as off with the toggle greyed out. After multiple...
  5. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button...
  6. Wake from sleep issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  7. Wake from sleep issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  8. Trackpad/mouse issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad/mouse issues: Ok, so this all started after i factory reset my computer. On Windows 10, the settings have mouse settings, and relate to mouse settings, which would be great, but i have a trackpad, and not a mouse. This is a pain because i cant right click. Any fixes?...
  9. Frozen Mouse After Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frozen Mouse After Wake From Sleep: Hi All, I just recently received my new Alienware Aurora R5 desktop computer and I'm having issues with my SteelSeries Sensei wired mouse freezing after waking the computer from sleep. This includes the CPI high/low button not responding after waking from sleep even though...
  10. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: New to tenforums. I work in the forestry field. We utilize Dell tablets running Windows 10 anniversary edition (10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393).These devices are used to collect data in the forest. We are collecting data for 6 to 8 hours at a time. The Dell tablets last this long...