Windows 10: odd notifications

Discus and support odd notifications in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm getting frequent notifications that my McAfee has expired I haven't had a McAfee account in years as well as notifications informing me that my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GailMiller2, Apr 1, 2020.

1. odd notifications

I'm getting frequent notifications that my McAfee has expired I haven't had a McAfee account in years as well as notifications informing me that my search history isn't private. It says Chrome is letting me know but the link attached is so.alltogetheresquestrian.com Anyone heard of this before? I have a pop-up blocker activated but these 'notices' still pop up a few times a day. I haven't clicked on them.

:)

GailMiller2, Apr 1, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Apr 1, 2020
  4. 1nf3rn0x Win User

odd notifications

Odd windows notification

I haven't used my desktop for a while (3-4 weeks) and last week I installed a GTX 670. Still didn't turn it on though. Anyways today switched it on and found a windows notification to install my "system power management driver". I clicked it and downloaded AMD coolnquiet utility.

Do I install? Or just archive the notification.

1nf3rn0x, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

odd notifications

1. odd notifications - Similar Threads - odd notifications

2. Very odd behavior of Microsoft Phone Link while App is active on phone and computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very odd behavior of Microsoft Phone Link while App is active on phone and computer and...: This is very peculiar. Perhaps someone else has observed this behavior. Here is the scenario. I am running Windows 10 on my PC and latest version of Android on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I am working on a spreadsheet Excel from Office 2019. I am performing many cuts/copies...
  3. Very odd behavior of Microsoft Phone Link while App is active on phone and computer and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very odd behavior of Microsoft Phone Link while App is active on phone and computer and...: This is very peculiar. Perhaps someone else has observed this behavior. Here is the scenario. I am running Windows 10 on my PC and latest version of Android on my Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra. I am working on a spreadsheet Excel from Office 2019. I am performing many cuts/copies...
  4. Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question: I need help. I am experiencing the windows 10 bug where my user selection at the login screen isn't present. The only account it will bring up is my sons account, which is corrupt. Where it get's sticky is that I can find a way to bring up a login to get into my admin...
  5. Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - User selection bug - odd question: I need help. I am experiencing the windows 10 bug where my user selection at the login screen isn't present. The only account it will bring up is my sons account, which is corrupt. Where it get's sticky is that I can find a way to bring up a login to get into my admin...
  6. New somewhat odd USB hub notifications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New somewhat odd USB hub notifications: Recently I have been getting this odd USB notification. I say 'odd' because I have never had as many as 5 hubs. It has just appeared again now, when I only have one connected and I rarely have more than two. 177727
  7. Odd Notification on Personal Laptop....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd Notification on Personal Laptop....: So my personal laptop just gave me a notification saying "Your organization requires your device to restart in 15 days." Like I said, this is my personal laptop, and it is not associated/registered to any organization or company. A little concerning if you ask me....Has...
  8. Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?: [ATTACH] I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and ever since, my notifications in action center for some reason have a small icon above them and look different. Here is how discord looks normally vs how mine looks:...
  9. Notifications and Actions oddness

in Windows 10 Support
    Notifications and Actions oddness: Settings/System/Notifications and Actions is very odd. It is showing applications in the "Show notifications from these apps" section that are no longer installed. It is NOT showing other applications like Skype that are installed. I've tried the Clear Icon...
  10. How to delete odd entries in "Get notifications from these senders"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete odd entries in "Get notifications from these senders"?: Hi, Is there any way to remove these entries? They aren't any programs that I use and they seem to be labelled differently with underscores and such. [img] 103511