Windows 10: Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks

Discus and support Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've no idea what the source of this is or whether this section of the community is where the problem should be shared. But here goes:I cannot paste a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Curmudgeon10, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks

I've no idea what the source of this is or whether this section of the community is where the problem should be shared. But here goes:I cannot paste a hyperlink in any web page opened in any browser I use Edge and Firefox. Only the translated plain text is pasted, no matter what selection I make from a right clicked dialogue box.Is this a setting problem?

:)

Curmudgeon10, Jan 22, 2022

2. Windows 10 would not paste links properly. When you paste a hyperlink, it would only be pasted as text!

Since Upgrading to Windows 10, non of my pc's would cut and paste hyperlinks properly. I use a lot of hyperlinks when listing on ebay. The links would copy but when you paste them, the link becomes text and loses its hyperlink feature.

I thought it was a Microsoft Edge problem, but it's the same when I use Chrome or Firefox. It must be a Windows 10 problem!

Anyone got a solution? or is Microsoft working on a solution for this?

AlfredPunzalan, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Pro hyperlink problem.

Hi,

For us to provide you the right solution to address your concern properly, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Does it also happen when clicking on a hyperlink through web Skype app?
    • Does the issue occur when clicking a hyperlink on a certain website?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

As for the initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try to download the latest version of Windows 10 through this

link
    and see this error will be resolved.

We look forward to your response.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks

windows 10 hyperlink opening

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you have Internet Explorer set as a default program?
    • Do you face the issue only with the hyperlinks from an email?
    • On which email application do you face this issue?

We would suggest you to copy the hyperlink or use an hyperlink from a wordpad and check if you face the same issue.

Get back to us with the details to further assist you.

Ravinath P, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks

1. Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks - Similar Threads - Odd Problem Cannot

2. Hyperlink Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyperlink Problem: Hi,How do I get a Hyperlink *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not to become a Hyperlink when I copy/paste it to another document or email?Thanks,Tony https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-problem/ed28cb05-c132-42ac-a118-b0b9947ff4e3
  3. Hyperlink Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyperlink Problem: Hi,How do I get a Hyperlink *** Email address is removed for privacy *** not to become a Hyperlink when I copy/paste it to another document or email?Thanks,Tony https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyperlink-problem/ed28cb05-c132-42ac-a118-b0b9947ff4e3
  4. i can't copy/paste hyperlinks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't copy/paste hyperlinks: I Used to copy text with links. But now when I try, it copies only text, not the link. So Far Tried i Different browser edge, mozila and chromeii Disable all extension iii Tried in incognito mode iv No antivirus, did full scan for viruses No threats found v Cleared all...
  5. i can't copy/paste hyperlinks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't copy/paste hyperlinks: I Used to copy text with links. But now when I try, it copies only text, not the link. So Far Tried i Different browser edge, mozila and chromeii Disable all extension iii Tried in incognito mode iv No antivirus, did full scan for viruses No threats found v Cleared all...
  6. i can't copy/paste hyperlinks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks: I've no idea what the source of this is or whether this section of the community is where the problem should be shared. But here goes:I cannot paste a hyperlink in any web page opened in any browser I use Edge and Firefox. Only the translated plain text is pasted, no matter...
  8. Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Problem --- Cannot PASTE Hyperlinks: I've no idea what the source of this is or whether this section of the community is where the problem should be shared. But here goes:I cannot paste a hyperlink in any web page opened in any browser I use Edge and Firefox. Only the translated plain text is pasted, no matter...
  9. Email Hyperlink Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Email Hyperlink Problem: [img] The problem I'm having is a hyperlink problem. As you can see in above photo, the hyperlink to get to the appropriate location is the first highlighted url, but it takes me to the first page in Ten Forums. As you can see, the highlighted hyperlink extends to the...
  10. Hyperlink Not Working In Document, But Copy/Paste Into Browser Does

in Windows 10 Support
    Hyperlink Not Working In Document, But Copy/Paste Into Browser Does: To add, and so you will know, in File Explorer or wherever the .reg file is stored you can right-click it and use Edit, BUT only if you know what needs changing, one misstep when merged will allow reinstalling Windows. [Knowledge is power]