Windows 10: Odd problem with one PC and Internet-only traffic

Discus and support Odd problem with one PC and Internet-only traffic in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been struggling with this one for a while.... sporadically, my main desktop (Win10 build 14316.rs1_release.160402-2217) has terrible internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by exjmc, Apr 22, 2016.

1. exjmc Win User

Odd problem with one PC and Internet-only traffic

Been struggling with this one for a while.... sporadically, my main desktop (Win10 build 14316.rs1_release.160402-2217) has terrible internet connectivity. This has persisted through numerous Insider builds on this machine. I am connecting wirelessly (802.11ac) on the same AP and channel as all my other devices. Reboots do not solve it.

Here's what I've tried:

If I access the internet (through any browser, for example, or an FTP client), my speeds are terrible. I have FiOS (75/75 plan) and I test with the FiOS SpeedTest server regularly. When everything works fine, I actually get ~83mb down and ~92mb up. When I have the problem, I max out around 2mb each direction.

If I transfer a file to another machine on my local network or my NAS Drobo, it flies along without an issue, so I'm assuming the driver and connection are OK. (Connection info looks solid with various tools.)

All other devices on my home LAN can get full speed from that same FiOS server at the same time. My SP4 right now is getting full speed, while the desktop chugs along.

I tried removing my AV software, as I know it had a web filtering module, but this affects other protocols like FTP also, so it seems inherent to the IP stack itself somehow.... no change with or without the AV.

Very confused on this one, and running out of ideas.... only affects this PC, only affects Internet traffic, and seems to come and go at random. AV/malware scans are all coming up empty. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike

:)

exjmc, Apr 22, 2016

2. Sync contacts with N70

Hi, I have a 'missing contacts' problem after synchronising my N70 with MS Outlook via Nokia PC Suite (6.70.22). The missing contacts, it's only the odd one or two out of 300-odd, are ones that I access frequently.

All the contacts are stored on the phone (not on the SIM card). The setting for the synchronisation direction is PC to phone only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robin Kay Leicester, England

robinkay---01, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Voice guidance option missing

Since my answer was posted, I've lost my traffic option, but traffic is still considered when the phone makes driving directions calculation. Odd.

So when you tap the screen, no voice happens?

Entegy, Apr 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Insider builds are basically Alphas. The release builds will always be Betas. If you are having issues with the Insider builds, which a lot of people have been having with the latest ones. You need to report that information through the channels available to Insiders.

I ran Insider builds for the first month when 10 came out. Nothing but headaches. I stick to the regular builds now.

bro67, Apr 22, 2016
  5. exjmc Win User
    Thanks bro67. In general I've done OK with Insider builds, and I'm not entirely convinced this is a Windows issue and not a third-party issue, but I'm running out of things to test... Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

exjmc, Apr 24, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    The past couple of Insider builds have been hell on some people. They are getting everything figured out for Redstone, which a lot of us are wondering if it is going to be worth it when it rolls out, or in the case like myself, which I deal mainly with Linux. If I should just bite the bullet and replace 10 at that time with Linux Mint.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd problem with one PC and Internet-only traffic - Similar Threads - Odd problem Internet

2. Internet Speed slow only on one PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Speed slow only on one PC: I've noticed that when the new Windows Update released , my internet was acting a bit weird on my Windows 10 Notebook PC,programs like YouTube have huge buffering times to play videos and Steam takes Hours to download 1GB games. i have a 300mb/s Internet connection, and all...
  3. Unknown internet traffic

Unknown internet traffic: There is approximately 40% of additional internet traffic waste comparing to what was actually used to browse the web or download. Regardless of the apps, either it's a browser, or a client network app that downloads something, if I download say 10GB, the amount of traffic in...
  4. Internet so slow on one PC only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet so slow on one PC only: Please let me know if you need any more info about the PC itself. I've had this machine for a long time and it usually does what I want with no problems. Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHZ Installed Ram: 8GB System Type: 64-bit Windows 10 Home 20H2 Desktop is about 1.5m...
  5. ODD PROBLEM: "Windows Search" Only Finding Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    ODD PROBLEM: "Windows Search" Only Finding Folders?: Hi all, When I do a search in the Windows 10 "Search bar" in the top right hand corner I only seem to get back "Windows Folder" search results that contain the word I searched for, but not individual files like .DOC files... I can find the .DOC files by just looking myself...
  6. Non stop traffic on PC one port

Non stop traffic on PC one port: I was watching wireshark for something and noticed that one of the PCs on my network is sending UDP packets of 263 bytes about twice a second, non stop, to the network broadcast address 192.168.1.6 --> 192.168.1.255 UDP port 54915 --> port 54915 263 bytes. Is this normal?...
  7. Internet acting odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet acting odd: Hello all. My PC (Windows 10 64) has been running slow lately, and today it has gotten considerably worse. I am connected to my home WiFi and get an okay speed. Apps like discord and Spotify are stuck on loading, and same for many websites. Spotify gives me a “app not allowed...
  8. Odd traffic while Wireshark capture loopback interface - normal?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd traffic while Wireshark capture loopback interface - normal?: Hello, I am learning Wireshark and auditing packets on my home PC and noticed some odd packets sourced from loopback to loopback. Is this normal Windows traffic? Not sure what to make of it? Any ideas if this is something Windows does? Thanks. Microsoft Windows [Version...
  9. Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC

Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC: Hello, I asked this question before but after going through the answers the problem was not solved. I purchased a refurbished PC which is extremely slow when loading web pages, browsing etc. I have reset the PC, updated the network adapter, troubleshooted and nothing has...
  10. Odd internet behavior

Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...