Windows 10: Odd problem with one PC and Internet-only traffic

Discus and support Odd problem with one PC and Internet-only traffic in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been struggling with this one for a while.... sporadically, my main desktop (Win10 build 14316.rs1_release.160402-2217) has terrible internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by exjmc, Apr 22, 2016.

1. exjmc Win User

Odd problem with one PC and Internet-only traffic

Been struggling with this one for a while.... sporadically, my main desktop (Win10 build 14316.rs1_release.160402-2217) has terrible internet connectivity. This has persisted through numerous Insider builds on this machine. I am connecting wirelessly (802.11ac) on the same AP and channel as all my other devices. Reboots do not solve it.

Here's what I've tried:

If I access the internet (through any browser, for example, or an FTP client), my speeds are terrible. I have FiOS (75/75 plan) and I test with the FiOS SpeedTest server regularly. When everything works fine, I actually get ~83mb down and ~92mb up. When I have the problem, I max out around 2mb each direction.

If I transfer a file to another machine on my local network or my NAS Drobo, it flies along without an issue, so I'm assuming the driver and connection are OK. (Connection info looks solid with various tools.)

All other devices on my home LAN can get full speed from that same FiOS server at the same time. My SP4 right now is getting full speed, while the desktop chugs along.

I tried removing my AV software, as I know it had a web filtering module, but this affects other protocols like FTP also, so it seems inherent to the IP stack itself somehow.... no change with or without the AV.

Very confused on this one, and running out of ideas.... only affects this PC, only affects Internet traffic, and seems to come and go at random. AV/malware scans are all coming up empty. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike

:)

exjmc, Apr 22, 2016

2. Sync contacts with N70

Hi, I have a 'missing contacts' problem after synchronising my N70 with MS Outlook via Nokia PC Suite (6.70.22). The missing contacts, it's only the odd one or two out of 300-odd, are ones that I access frequently.

All the contacts are stored on the phone (not on the SIM card). The setting for the synchronisation direction is PC to phone only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robin Kay Leicester, England

robinkay---01, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Voice guidance option missing

Since my answer was posted, I've lost my traffic option, but traffic is still considered when the phone makes driving directions calculation. Odd.

So when you tap the screen, no voice happens?

Entegy, Apr 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Insider builds are basically Alphas. The release builds will always be Betas. If you are having issues with the Insider builds, which a lot of people have been having with the latest ones. You need to report that information through the channels available to Insiders.

I ran Insider builds for the first month when 10 came out. Nothing but headaches. I stick to the regular builds now.

bro67, Apr 22, 2016
  5. exjmc Win User
    Thanks bro67. In general I've done OK with Insider builds, and I'm not entirely convinced this is a Windows issue and not a third-party issue, but I'm running out of things to test... Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

exjmc, Apr 24, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    The past couple of Insider builds have been hell on some people. They are getting everything figured out for Redstone, which a lot of us are wondering if it is going to be worth it when it rolls out, or in the case like myself, which I deal mainly with Linux. If I should just bite the bullet and replace 10 at that time with Linux Mint.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd problem with one PC and Internet-only traffic - Similar Threads - Odd problem Internet

2. Problems with DHCP and one specific network, only on my PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with DHCP and one specific network, only on my PC.: Hi all, I've got a really weird problem and I can't figure out what is causing it. At my home I have powerline wi-fi hotspots made by TP-Link. They work fine except on my laptop. Whenever I connect it says "Connected, no Internet", even though my phone is able to access the...
  3. Very odd internet disconnects

Very odd internet disconnects: Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I am having an issue with my Ethernet internet connection dropping (Windows 10) if i open any game applications that require internet connection. IE, Joining a server, Sitting in a server list waiting for a spot, Leaving a server and...
  4. Internet speed unstable on one computer only.

Internet speed unstable on one computer only.: Hi So, I didn’t use my gaming laptop for a month and when I got back to it the internet speed was very unstable. I tried testing it with ookla speedtest and most of the time it shows decent download (60-70mbps) and ok upload (8-10mbps). Sometimes however, when I notice my...
  5. One Note save to PC only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Note save to PC only: How to disable one note in order and save to PC in office 365 latest version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-note-save-to-pc-only/f354929b-7acb-402e-a93e-703b9ba35bc8
  6. Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC

Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC: Hello, I asked this question before but after going through the answers the problem was not solved. I purchased a refurbished PC which is extremely slow when loading web pages, browsing etc. I have reset the PC, updated the network adapter, troubleshooted and nothing has...
  7. How to measure the traffic on my internet line?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to measure the traffic on my internet line?: How to measure the traffic on my internet line? I couldn’t figure out if there is a simple tool by which we can measure the traffic on the internet line. Thank you Best Jamal [img] 124054
  8. Problem for one user only on Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem for one user only on Solitaire: I have an HP tablet running Windows 10. There are two users, let us call them A & B, and both users play Solitaire and Mahjong. Until today that is! Now user A still has access to both games. However, user B can only access Mahjong. The tile for Solitaire is still visible...
  9. Odd internet behavior

Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...
  10. Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC': [img] [img] See Pictures, 'Local Disk E' appears twice at the side, not an issue, but I don't know why any ideas? 40043