Windows 10: Odd question? Is it possible to link files to wordpad or notepad?

Discus and support Odd question? Is it possible to link files to wordpad or notepad? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay here's what I'm trying to do but don't know how or even if its possible. I want to make my files for movies more unique. What I'm trying to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by renee1219, Apr 9, 2017.

1. renee1219 Win User

Odd question? Is it possible to link files to wordpad or notepad?

Okay here's what I'm trying to do but don't know how or even if its possible.

I want to make my files for movies more unique. What I'm trying to do is place a image of the show I want and then name the file as "Season 1" and then in order place a link from the file.

It would look like this "The Originals Season 1" and then the episode would look like this. "Pilot" which hopefully could be a colored like to click that would open the file in vlc media player. And under the link would be a description of the episode. I would put a link to each episode with a description in each file.

So I would open notepad or wordpad or which ever and then I would place a link to the first episode on to the last and I would also copy and paste a description from each episode online into the pad as well. And each one would be saved in a new folder called "TV Shows" and in the folder there would be a pad document with all the episodes. That way everything is together. I know I can already do al this with plex but I would prefer to have it set up my way on my own personal pc rather then having it online. And needing to worry about always having a internet connection. After all I'm also planning on doing the same with my laptop but can't always have internet on it.

So if this is possible please let me know how to place a link for a file into a pad and if its also possible to click the link and open the file from the pad.

Thank you.

:)

renee1219, Apr 9, 2017
  2. scarcar Win User

Is it possible to have two "textable" numbers for a single contact?

A bit odd how it shows up when you link the two contacts, but it definitely worked. Thanks!

scarcar, Apr 9, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    Is it possible to pin single Office apps (Word, Excel) icons to the Start Screen?

The only app that can do this is OneNote. For some odd reason, it was deemed important enough to have its own app outside of the Office hub.

Entegy, Apr 9, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

In WordPad you can insert links as icons.

Click on "Insert object", select "Create from file", browse to your file and then select "Link" and "Display as Icon".

Odd question? Is it possible to link files to wordpad or notepad? [​IMG]

Then when you double click on the icon in your document the associated file will open in your default media player so if you make VLC the default to open .mkv or .mp4 etc it will use that.

You can move these icons around and type text but it isn't very pretty...

lx07, Apr 9, 2017
  5. renee1219 Win User
    Thank you for the helpful answer. And you are rite its not to pretty. I think I might use plex after all. If I can figure out how to tinker with it. Or a different kind of library program.

renee1219, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd question? Is it possible to link files to wordpad or notepad? - Similar Threads - Odd question possible

2. Notepad question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad question: I used to be able to simply close out of Notepad and all of my tabs in that session would automatically save and reopen when I would open Notepad again, but now it's asking me to save each tab every time when I try to close Notepad. Very annoying! How do we fix this?...
  3. Notepad question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad question: I used to be able to simply close out of Notepad and all of my tabs in that session would automatically save and reopen when I would open Notepad again, but now it's asking me to save each tab every time when I try to close Notepad. Very annoying! How do we fix this?...
  4. odd quick links. hacker?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    odd quick links. hacker?: Why are there esports and cars for sale in my quick links if I've never visited these sights besides when I found them in my quick links and was trying to investigate what they were?Is this a hacker? McAfee and Microsoft antivirus both says I do not have a virus but I still...
  5. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  6. Wordpad, paint, notepad not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wordpad, paint, notepad not working: After system repair, wordpad & paint not getting open. Message is appearing as "unable to create new document". Notepad not even responding at all. Someone has given soluation that Wordpad.exe file should be at correct location. But i am not able to find out that file also....
  7. "Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working

"Notepad" and "Wordpad" not working: In the Start menu drawer, the applications are not showing but, if I type the app name it shows the .exe file and tried opening then, I am not being able to open the Notepad and Wordpad. While opening the Notepad application it didn't even respond and while opening Wordpad it...
  8. Notepad replaced by WordPad

Notepad replaced by WordPad: Hello, I formatted my windows and after that i got wordpad the default program for .txt files. How I can get back the default Notepad? I searched about it in the windows but seems it's not installed. Appreciete your help....
  9. WordPad line spacing questions

WordPad line spacing questions: In Windows 10 I've been making documents with pictures in them using Word Pad. In all other versions of Windows I've used, doing that method would paste the picture where I want it either by Ctrl+V or or right clicking and Paste. But in this Windows 10 version it almost...
  10. Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not print from Notepad or Wordpad.: I'm unable to print from Notepad or Wordpad. I have no issues from other software. If I save print jobs as SPL files, I can open them in SPLView and print without issue. Something is killing the hand-off process from the app to the printer. Printer is an HP M402n on USB...