Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer

Discus and support Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this a weird question, but I'm looking for a way to clear the recently viewed nodes part of the Event Viewer, or at least the location of where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trashbag, Jul 2, 2018.

1. trashbag Win User

I know this a weird question, but I'm looking for a way to clear the recently viewed nodes part of the Event Viewer, or at least the location of where the recently viewed nodes are saved in the registry.

I'm not looking for how to clear events from event viewer, just specifically the recently viewed nodes bit. Deleting "changes to the view of a console file" does not help here.

:)

trashbag, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

For Windows logs and Application and Services logs, there is also the manual way to clear specific logs(only these 2 sections, custom views can be Deleted and lost, but not Cleared for example:

Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer [​IMG]

Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 2, 2018
  3. JohnBurns Win User
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows  

FWIW CCleaner will clear the Event Viewer Logs - just check the box under Windows>Advanced>Windows Events Logs. run CCleaner and it's that simple. Much faster than most ,bat files I've tried. Just a suggestion.

JohnBurns, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Ed C Benson Win User

Win 10 Event Viewer -- cannot save filter in Custom Views

I try to keep up a custom view for the Event Viewer. Since Win 10 was upgraded I can add exclusions such as ...-1234,-567,-89... but these are not saved upon exit from Event Viewer. Many repeated events are reported and most are not important.

Nor can I find where the filter data is stored: registry, sys32, etc.

Steps: Launch Event Viewer -- find one or more events in the custom view log -- launch Filter Current Custom View -- Add the events to be filtered out (including a (-)minus sign and comma separation. (note that in the current session, the events are
    removed as is expected) -- close the Filter Current Custom View (note that there is no Apply button) -- close and restart Event Viewer.

Results: added event filter numbers are removed from the filter list -- any filter brought over from Win 8 upgrade still remain.

Fixing this would be great. Knowing where the data is stored would also be fine.

Ed C Benson, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Odd Request Clearing

2. Windows update on win 7 pc at odd times of the month

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update on win 7 pc at odd times of the month: My family pc is a win 7 pc (3 GB RAM, 266 GB free space on C; drive, 5-7 years old?) that has so far survived updates from windows except for one BSOD episode after the Autumn update last year as I recall. It took a week and gave only BSOD and then all was well for no...
  3. Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plugged in my iPhone and noticed this odd icon being displayed: Hi all - Never a day of peace with W10... *Tongue I simply inserted my iPhone 7 and W10 took care of the necessary preparations. Take a look at the screenshot - [img] Now, does that look like a Cellphone to you? Also look at my external USB 3.0 WD 4TB HDD drive icon....
  4. Odd KB4338819 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Odd KB4338819 issue: Hello, I tried to install the update KB4338819, but on the first time, it was stuck on 68% installation, so I physically reset PC, made a chkdsk, retried the update, and all went fine. But now, in the update chronology it's showed as (KB4338819) (2). Why there is the number...
  5. Odd internet tab on the top of my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd internet tab on the top of my screen: Hello, I just downloaded a mod for a game off the internet and after I did I got this sketchy tab at the stop of my screen. I can't find out how to get rid of it and it is kind of annoying. I started up my anti-virus thing and it said that there was nothing found on my...
  6. 3D builder is acting odd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D builder is acting odd: I have a 3D printer and personally used 3D builder a lot. One day I opened it and the entire workplane was mirrored across a diagonal that ran across the screen from corner to with positive slope. Here's a pic. [ATTACH] Can you guys help figure out what happened? Can I...
  7. Odd Windows loud Sound Issue

Odd Windows loud Sound Issue: I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound device and made sure I got the latest drivers from HP but the sound is still very low. I...
  8. Odd Windows Sound Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Windows Sound Issue: I was having trouble hearing out of my speakers on this new laptop. The volume was almost low enough I had to put my ear to the speaker to hear it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the sound device and made sure I got the latest drivers from HP but the sound is still very low. I...
  9. Odd exclusions in Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Odd exclusions in Windows Defender: Hi all. I just ran a quick scan as I frequently do and discovered a bunch of exclusions that I did not add with the exception of the one for Malwarebytes. Did Windows do this itself? Can these be safely removed? Lastly since I mentioned it, is the Malwarebytes exclusion...
  10. getting odd crashes Trouble shooter says CPU cores have errors

getting odd crashes Trouble shooter says CPU cores have errors: I have been getting slowdowns and crashes since upgrading to a new Gigabyte motherboard and a Ryzen 2700x I also got new Ram and I suspected that. I tried windows mem diagnostic and it reboots to a blank screen so that's no good. I ran the windows Hardware troubleshooter and...