Windows 10: Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer

Discus and support Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this a weird question, but I'm looking for a way to clear the recently viewed nodes part of the Event Viewer, or at least the location of where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trashbag, Jul 2, 2018.

1. trashbag Win User

Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer

I know this a weird question, but I'm looking for a way to clear the recently viewed nodes part of the Event Viewer, or at least the location of where the recently viewed nodes are saved in the registry.

I'm not looking for how to clear events from event viewer, just specifically the recently viewed nodes bit. Deleting "changes to the view of a console file" does not help here.

:)

trashbag, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

For Windows logs and Application and Services logs, there is also the manual way to clear specific logs(only these 2 sections, custom views can be Deleted and lost, but not Cleared for example:

Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer [​IMG]

Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 2, 2018
  3. JohnBurns Win User
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows  

FWIW CCleaner will clear the Event Viewer Logs - just check the box under Windows>Advanced>Windows Events Logs. run CCleaner and it's that simple. Much faster than most ,bat files I've tried. Just a suggestion.

JohnBurns, Jul 2, 2018
  4. Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer

Win 10 Event Viewer -- cannot save filter in Custom Views

I try to keep up a custom view for the Event Viewer. Since Win 10 was upgraded I can add exclusions such as ...-1234,-567,-89... but these are not saved upon exit from Event Viewer. Many repeated events are reported and most are not important.

Nor can I find where the filter data is stored: registry, sys32, etc.

Steps: Launch Event Viewer -- find one or more events in the custom view log -- launch Filter Current Custom View -- Add the events to be filtered out (including a (-)minus sign and comma separation. (note that in the current session, the events are
    removed as is expected) -- close the Filter Current Custom View (note that there is no Apply button) -- close and restart Event Viewer.

Results: added event filter numbers are removed from the filter list -- any filter brought over from Win 8 upgrade still remain.

Fixing this would be great. Knowing where the data is stored would also be fine.

Ed C Benson, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer

1. Odd Request: Clearing the recently viewed nodes in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Odd Request Clearing

2. Event Viewer custom view is paginated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer custom view is paginated: I use custom views on my computers to filter events I'm interested. Few months ago, I bought a new laptop Windows 11 and similarly applied custom views in Event Viewer.Strangely, one view is paginated and always ordered to the earliest events.This has never happened for my...
  3. Event Viewer custom view is paginated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer custom view is paginated: I use custom views on my computers to filter events I'm interested. Few months ago, I bought a new laptop Windows 11 and similarly applied custom views in Event Viewer.Strangely, one view is paginated and always ordered to the earliest events.This has never happened for my...
  4. WINDOWS updates-clears- all recent event viewer logs """" WHY """" ??? -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS updates-clears- all recent event viewer logs """" WHY """" ??? -: Recently I installed a few Windows Updates. IT CLEARED all prior Event Viewer Logs. WHY? I do not recall it doing this in past what gives? Why would this be beneficial to remove and or replace any or all prior events in Event Viewer? What purpose does this solve other...
  5. Is there a batch file to clear Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a batch file to clear Event Viewer?: I have one for Windows 7 and I was wondering if there was one out to clear the Event Viewer in Win 10 Home x64? OS Version10.0.18363.836 (Win10 19H2 [1909] November 2019 Update) I've just gotten Win 10 to behave as I like, but all the tweaking and restoring from backups,...
  6. Can items in Recently Viewed Nodes in Event Viewer be deleted somehow

in Windows 10 Support
    Can items in Recently Viewed Nodes in Event Viewer be deleted somehow: Hi. I saw this question posted a long time ago and was unanswered. I would like to know if there is a way to remove entries in the Event Viewer under Recently Viewed Nodes. Thanks. Mark 130018
  7. Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear Event Viewer Scheduler?: Could someone make the "Clear All Event Viewer Logs using a BAT file" self starting such as making it run automatically on a daily basis or show me what code I would need to add to it to do that for me. I would just love to clear out the 10016s and 7031s codes daily. Thanks...
  8. Event Viewer Starts in Custom Views

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Starts in Custom Views: For some reason Event Viewer now starts on my laptop showing Custom Views (see below). How do I fix it so Event Viewer starts showing the top level item in the menu Event Viewer (Local)? [img] 92682
  9. Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows Event Viewer is a tool that displays detailed information as event logs about significant events on your PC. Event logs are special files that record...
  10. Clearing event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing event viewer entries: How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks 12367

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clear recently viewed nodes in event viewer

2. Recently Viewed Nodes

3. how to delete recently viewed nodes in event viewer