Windows 10: Odd scheduled task

Discus and support Odd scheduled task in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys. I found this odd scheduled task named 'UninstallDDS-C960901F-CE14-4DE1-9729-1305F719A337'. The task is set to run at 14:54 on 25/1/16 and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by finlay, Jan 26, 2016.

1. finlay Win User

Odd scheduled task

Hi guys. I found this odd scheduled task named 'UninstallDDS-C960901F-CE14-4DE1-9729-1305F719A337'.
    The task is set to run at 14:54 on 25/1/16 and then repeat every 00:01:00 indefinitely.
    The target is C:\Windows\temp\deletefoldertask.exe

The task has no author and I can find no information about the executable.
    Before I remove it, I thought I'd check with you guys to see if it has any legitimate purpose.
    T.I.A.

:)

finlay, Jan 26, 2016

2. Whea_Uncorrectable_Error Since recent update.

Nohing in the scheduled tasks that seems out the ordinary. Dedusted all the internals and then re ran the intel check. Was at 55C then instantly jumps to 99C, then as soon as it stops goes back to 55ish C.. Very odd.

BIG Chromer, Jan 26, 2016
  3. J. B.M Win User
    File History backup and exclude settings are completely ignored resulting in massive storage use

I am total P--SED at poor backup software and I use SyncToy for my backups. No inbuilt scheduling but you can always use Task Scheduler to run it automatically. It is old and has an odd glitch and is very slow for the first run, but it works, is fully
    customisable, you can see what is doing, reports any problems at the end, is free and works with attached or network storage.

J. B.M, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Odd scheduled task

The task name starts with UninstallDDS which may relate to a piece of software called DDS Converter, have you installed or do you currently have that software installed on your machine?

I have also seen a post from 24th December at a different site reporting the same scenario which suggests a malware scan (Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software)
    Also have a look at the post here to see if the suggestion on post #2 is of any help - Cleaning Up After Blue Screen/browser Control Scam | MajorGeeks.Com Support Forums

-Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Jan 26, 2016
  5. finlay Win User
    Nope, I have nothing by that name. Its a new laptop, I've installed very few programs.
    Before creating this post, I did a Google search and I did read the post you are referring to.

Edit: Sorry, I do have Cyberlink software pre-installed.

finlay, Jan 26, 2016
  6. Saltgrass Win User
    I know this is an old thread but just want to add I just got a Black Screen with just the Mouse Cursor. Rebooting using the key sequence worked fine so back to normal for now.

I am using a Dell system with preloaded Cyberlink. I think it started when I opened the Director program to edit a video, possibly due to the upgrades it offers when opened. But I am looking at the Malware possibility.

What I noticed when the black screen occurred was one Task Scheduler warning, about the referenced task, and two Win32k errors (263).

Autoruns shows the task being loaded during boot. There are a couple of registry entries for it.

I will be doing full scans with Defender and Malwarebytes to see if they find anything.

Saltgrass, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Odd scheduled task

1. Odd scheduled task - Similar Threads - Odd scheduled task

2. Odd item in Windows Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd item in Windows Task Scheduler: After mistakenly clicking on a fishing email download image, not open in browser I went to check my computer and run Win Defender Scan. In Task Scheduler, there was a folder not inside the Microsoft folder labeled S-1-5-21-15859..., and under that a subfolder called...
  3. Odd item in Windows Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd item in Windows Task Scheduler: After mistakenly clicking on a fishing email download image, not open in browser I went to check my computer and run Win Defender Scan. In Task Scheduler, there was a folder not inside the Microsoft folder labeled S-1-5-21-15859..., and under that a subfolder called...
  4. Odd item in Windows Task Scheduler

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler revealed

Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler revealed: The following relates to oddly named tasks of of the form {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx}, where "x" is a seemingly random hex digit, which are shown in the "Task Scheduler" Microsoft application in Windows 10. The following image along with the text below it show how to...
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  7. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?: Hi, I've recently enabled the 'Task History' option on Task Manager, and this has led me to find some strange-looking tasks that seem to happen every day, roughly around 9 hours after I've turned my computer on. These tasks don't appear on the "Active Tasks" tab, nor...
  8. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?: Hi, I've recently enabled the 'Task History' option on Task Manager, and this has led me to find some strange-looking tasks that seem to happen every day, roughly around 9 hours after I've turned my computer on. These tasks don't appear on the "Active Tasks" tab, nor...
  9. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 uninstalldds deletefoldertask.exe