Windows 10: Odd software behaviour

Discus and support Odd software behaviour in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my Win10 build 10565 file browser/explorer I usually like to set the folder view to sort by date order. This works fine in Win10 directly. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brianwall, Oct 17, 2015.

1. brianwall Win User

Odd software behaviour

In my Win10 build 10565 file browser/explorer I usually like to set the folder view to sort by date order. This works fine in Win10 directly. There is sometimes a short delay whilst the folder reorganises itself. However if I THEN use a third party program such as Photoshop to open a file it opens Explorer but it is not sorted. The date column is indeed selected but it takes up to 30 secs for the screen to refresh in date order.

It is as if each and every application is opening a fresh instance of explorer that doesn't know what the other instances are doing but knows the sort order ought to be by date.

I seem to remember seeing an option to open explorer as separate processes but may be imagining it? Can't find such a setting at the moment.

:)

brianwall, Oct 17, 2015

2. Odd software behaviour Lumia 720

Ugura,

Thanks for your reply. I adjusted the touch sensitivity but that did not do the trick. Last night, I was already sleeping, suddenly my Lumina 720 played a song that I played before many weeks ago. That was quite odd too. With my phone connected to the charger,
    me asleep and there was that terrible noise from an old U2-song... And I could not stop it, nor could I lower the volume so I had to turn on my computer to find the keys to a soft reset and it was in the middle of the night.

So I waited till this morning to reset my phone to it's factory-settings. Much to my annoyance- without any external app loaded, the phone went on nuts again. This time, while vibrating taking numerous screen shots... It's like my phone is haunted. A little
    poltergeist in it. I need some high-tec exorcism I'm afraid.

Hope someone can help me further!

Pantone---01, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Odd software behaviour Lumia 720

I'm the proud owner of a Lumia 720 since July. I'm facing some odd software behaviour recently though. Without notice or any pattern, the current app changes to another one, sometimes four or five times while my phone vibrates like mad. It happens two, or
    three times a week, and there's no significant pattern but this weird "phone on speed" behaviour always ends in the Bing app. I thought rebooting was the answer but it doesn't. Does someone has any clue?

Pantone---01, Oct 17, 2015
  4. Odd software behaviour

In File Explorer click on View then Options (top far right), under the General tab select "Open each folder in its own window", click ok.

fracking4oil, Oct 17, 2015
  5. brianwall Win User
    I don't have that exact option but saw that "launch folder in seperate process" was ticked. It struck me it should be unticked so the folder settings were carried through to all instances. I'll try that.

brianwall, Oct 19, 2015
  6. You don't have the following window after clicking View (top left) and Options (top right)?

Odd software behaviour [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Oct 19, 2015
  7. brianwall Win User
    Turning OFF opening file explorer in a separate process sorted it as I suspected.

brianwall, Oct 19, 2015
  8. brianwall Win User

Odd software behaviour

Sorry, yes it was already on open in same window thanks.

It was the other option to open in the same proce that fixed it or maybe both need setting?

brianwall, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Odd software behaviour

1. Odd software behaviour - Similar Threads - Odd software behaviour

2. Odd Start Menu Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Start Menu Behaviour: Hi, In addition to the odd behaviour of shortcuts on one machine (detailed in this thread: Odd problem with shortcut) I also have this oddity. The laptop has a start menu that is wide enough to fit 4 large 'live tiles' (?) side by side or 8 small tiles. The desktop has a...
  3. Odd Trackpad Behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Trackpad Behaviour: Windows 10 ver 20H2. SONY VAIO laptop with Samsung 860 SSD, 4GB RAM. Initially, the laptop worked fine. Recently an odd problem has surfaced. I prefer to use a wireless mouse (Logitech V450 Nano) which behaves as expected. However, the laptop's own trackpad is (for want of a...
  4. Odd behaviour of Format Painter

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Odd behaviour of Format Painter: Hi folks. I'm getting some very odd behaviour with Format Painter in Word 2016. First of all, I know how format painter works, I have been using it for years! However, on this new installation of both Windows 10 Pro (ver 2004) and MS Office Pro Plus 2016 Version 2005 (Build...
  5. Odd CD Drive Behaviour

Odd CD Drive Behaviour: Hi All Any help would be much appreciated. I put a CD in my Win10 PC. Nothing happens at all till I click on "This PC" in Windows Explorer. Until I do that, Windows Explorer shows the drive as "BD-RE Drive F:" After click on "This PC", drive shows as "BD-RE Drive F:...
  6. Robocopy Odd behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Robocopy Odd behaviour: I had to replace a drive and once done, I made a backup or the entire drive using robocopy with this command: robocopy "D:" "L:\Drive_D" /R:10 /W:30 /NS /NC /NDL /E /MOT:5 /MT:8 /XD "D:\$RECYCLE.BIN" "D:\System Volume Information" Took a while, the destination drive was an...
  7. Odd WMP behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd WMP behaviour: I burn CD's to use in my car to save wrecking the original disk and have done so for some time now. I now have a little problem that I have never seen before in that in 10 WMP picks the last three tracks and marks them as having a problem with burning. I first thought...
  8. Odd BSOD behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd BSOD behaviour: Hello everyone, and I hope you are all doing well. My laptop has recently been subjected to a few BSODs. The first one was about a few weeks ago. The BSODs typically involved the screen going a pink fuzzy texture (graphics messing up), and restarting. It started showing...
  9. Usb driver odd behaviour?

Usb driver odd behaviour?: Hi! This is long term issue for me, i was not able to find a clear answer for why this happens, since to me it's not working as intended. So what happens when i use FTDI 230x as Comport and attach or detach USB device to my system, for reason or another RTS signal...
  10. Odd behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd behaviour.: I use Windows 10 and I have recently had the most annoying behaviour start happening. Out of nowhere it just started randomly opening the start menu, task manager and auto-clicking the button that initiates scroll with my trackpad. It does it randomly and gets right in my...